Craziest show you've attended.

MagSec4

.:..::.: :.::..:.
Jan 14, 2003
Bogotá & New york
www.ultimatemetal.com
What has been the craziest show you've been to?

For me it'd have to be Chimaira's set, this past spring, in Rochester.
The band and the crowd were extremely energetic, the songs were great and they were superbly played, the sound system was excellent, and the place was very crowded.
I was fighting for dear life at some points in it..

don't know about craziest, but the best was definitely Groove Armada at Provinssirock a couple of weeks ago. i could go on about their gig for hours. eventhough disco/jazz/funk/house isn't necessarily my favourite kind of music, i enjoeyd the gig more than any gig ever, and i've seen almost a hundred. before they started playing i was really tired, i just wanted to go sleep, but after the first song i was completely full of energy and dancing around in joy. and i sure wasn't the only one doing that. the crowd went crazy. omg groove armada played soooo well and they were so groovy and they looked so good (they had these cool videos and stuff) omgomgomgomgomg <3<3<3<3<3<3<33<3<3<3<3<3

Metallica Summer Sanitarium 2000 for me. When there are 60,000+ metalheads in a given area, serious stuff is bound to happen:

-Fights breaking out.
-People burning clothes and running across the pit
-People above me throwing trash to the people down below and people below pelting trash upward to the people above
-Insane amount of flashed boobies

Converge at my local venue. They crammed about 6 hundred people into the room and the crowd was slam dancing from front to back... the craziest thing is the 9ft high PAs became a platform for people to flip off and suicide dive. I got so destroyed. When they played locust reign the energy in the room was intimidating. I totally lost myself at that one. I must have seen about 5 people get knocked out. It was intense.

scariest: the dropkick murphy's in london. way too many people, many of them old-school punkers in their late thirties. impossible to get to the bar in less than thirty minutes. a large crowd singing onstage at the end, and everyone seemed to know the band. i risked being crushed several times.

most painful: a four-band festival i promoted for local hardcore/ska acts in a town near torino. i was running around the place all the time trying to get the show to run smoothly, which was impossible due to the lack of professionalism on the part of the club, and i ended up being knocked out in mad pogoing. i positively slammed my head against the floor. very, very tough.

most moving: bad religion in 1994 in milan. i was totally surprised that my parents would let me travel to another city to see a band, especially after they had said that i wasn't supposed to wear a bad religion shirt. it was a grandiose experience, seeing my favorite band live for the first time, catching a train at 6am the following day to get to school, and all that jazz. it's cool even to remember.

deepest experience: banda bassotti here in rome last november. i had just got the news about my father's illness, and had spent ten days in serious agony. then i decided i should go out and unwind, pogoed like mad for two hours of incredibly good show feeling the music all the while. i'm just sorry that the following gig of theirs was not up to par, and that's the one my friends attended.

minor prizes go to enrico ruggeri in torino a couple of years ago (i have seldom been that drunk), davide van de sfroos in cernusco lombardore last year (i didn't anticipate the show to be so good), dark tranquillity in milan some time ago (i loved meeting the band and the concert was great), iron maiden in torino in 1992 (my first show ever), and vnv nation in hildesheim during the 2002 m'era luna (never rained so hard during an outdoors show, plus i was astounded at rahvin's determination, in the front row and all while it was pouring while i tried to crouch under a beer stand).

i'm now realizing that i probably have 100-odd shows under my belt. i'm cool. :p

One of the best experiences was seeing DT from the stage at 2000 Decibel this year. It's a different experience froms eeing it from the crowd.

craziest - OZZfest 1998 - I don't know if there was something weird in the water or some out of control drug was around but I never saw so much violence - I witnessed 5 people get a serious asskicking for being complete assholes - I go to concerts to have a good time and enjoy some live music - these people were asking for it (an asskicking) and they all got it big time - one was carried away on a stretcher but left several of his teeth behind - a friend told me that where She was sitting the same craziness was happening -
On a more pleasant or voyeur side - 2 women undressed and were giving one another tongue love on and in various parts of their bodies -
Oh yea - there was music - Black Sabbath played -Tony Iommi is the Father, founder,starter of metal guitar playing *no one* before ever played like Him and now thousands of players imitate His Riffs -
First and only time I saw TOOL and They were 'da bomb' -

afi last year in reggio emilia. my friend livio had to protect me from suicidal stage-divers the whole time, while fighting his private war against more idiotic fuckers who were trying to push him back from the front row. i broke my sunglasses and torn my shirt and got plenty of bruises without even being close to the moshing pit. the heat was fierce and the band's singer was scary in a bad sort of way. i love his music and lyrics but he looks like a pathetic clown.

ouagadougou said:
don't know about craziest, but the best was definitely Groove Armada at Provinssirock a couple of weeks ago. i could go on about their gig for hours. eventhough disco/jazz/funk/house isn't necessarily my favourite kind of music, i enjoeyd the gig more than any gig ever, and i've seen almost a hundred. before they started playing i was really tired, i just wanted to go sleep, but after the first song i was completely full of energy and dancing around in joy. and i sure wasn't the only one doing that. the crowd went crazy. omg groove armada played soooo well and they were so groovy and they looked so good (they had these cool videos and stuff) omgomgomgomgomg <3<3<3<3<3<3<33<3<3<3<3<3
Damn you damn you! God i wish i'd been there :bah: :p

The best gig i've seen was Before The Dawn a couple of months ago. They're awesome live!
But the 'craziest' show must've been Hypocrisy, where some guy started a giant fight in the front row, and people kept running out with blood running down their faces etc :ill:

i can't name a single concert, but the whole dynamo '99 event was one huge weird fuckup.

Hmm, Hypocrisy was the only time I've seen any blood at a show. Apart from that they've all been mellow. Daylight Dies was the most intense though. :headbang:

Ehm.. I assume you're talking about Hypocrisy's gig at provinssi? I've been too drunk again.. i was watching the show in the middle, right behind the moshpit and i didn't notice any fights.

Qsilver said:
Ehm.. I assume you're talking about Hypocrisy's gig at provinssi? I've been too drunk again.. i was watching the show in the middle, right behind the moshpit and i didn't notice any fights.
I didn't notice any fighting going on, but someone came out with a bloody nose, someone else holding his crotch and looking really unhappy. I was to the left of the moshpit btw. :p