Craziest show you've attended.

Yes yes, I will chime in with memories of a wonderful Sick of It All show too. February 14, 2001 in London - so the theme was "We're attending a gig on Valentine's day instead of being with significant others in romantic settings, HELL YEAH!". It was the tour for Yours Truly, which is incidentally my favorite album by them, and there wasn't a single song in the set that I didn't like. I cannot remember vast amounts of violence, more like a very co-ordinated, very passionate pit. I didn't get hurt at all, and remember that show as one of the best in my life.

Hmmm... I guess for me it was Napalm Death's recent gig here :headbang:.

One of the opening bands (Corpus Necromanthium :rolleyes: :p ) actually threw a pig head onto the crowd!

And everybody (including me) was happy kicking it :lol: :headbang:.

ND's gig was awesome, with probably the biggest pit that has happened here. Not the most violent though, I believe that would be Behemoth's :headbang:. And I was there too :) :headbang:.

As far as crowds go the most intense for me was probably converge in 2001 (I think) in leeds.

t'was a time when I would still enjoy diving and moshing and just rocking out as hard as possible. Instantly a soldout 350 person capacity venue surged forward and during the intital blast of grinding spasmodic violence everyone just held their breath wiaitng for the pressure to relieve, until the first chug came in and then I, along with almost everyone else just went violent. There was no structure to what was going on in the room and there was no where you could go to be safe. I saw about 3 or 4 people get carried out. One girl with a broken leg. The 9 ft high PA's became a platform for stage divers, and it saw people doing backflips, front flips and two crazy bastards jumped from either PA and tried to high five. It ended in crushing tears as they both landed in the same spot on some unsuspecting crowd members.

For my part I'd say the most intense crowd I've had the pleasure to be a part of was at Behemoth's Montréal appearance during the Apostasy tour. My whole body was covered in fake blood (kinda lame but in the spur of the moment, fuckin' awesome) and bruised. I screamed to the point of dizziness and headbanged to the point of busting my friend tooth. That'll teach him to stand right behind me at a show.

Emotionally, the most moving shows was probably DT at Club Soda and uneXpect for their 10th anniversary.

Funniest was Apocalyptica, when their main supporter, Eyes of Fire, got litterally booed off the stage by the crowd. Good times.

For my part I'd say the most intense crowd I've had the pleasure to be a part of was at Behemoth's Montréal appearance during the Apostasy tour. My whole body was covered in fake blood (kinda lame but in the spur of the moment, fuckin' awesome) and bruised. I screamed to the point of dizziness and headbanged to the point of busting my friend tooth. That'll teach him to stand right behind me at a show.

Emotionally, the most moving shows was probably DT at Club Soda and uneXpect for their 10th anniversary.

Funniest was Apocalyptica, when their main supporter, Eyes of Fire, got litterally booed off the stage by the crowd. Good times.

I was so sure you were going to mention Behemoth :p , their shows are awesome! :headbang:

Heaven Shall Burn's giant circle pit in Wacken was awesome. All the way around the shops and grills in the middle and back to the stage :D

best show ever: rush in milan, this year. the best band I've ever seen live, what a show.. simply amazing.

scariest: obituary in 2005 at my venue (treviso). being on the front row with neo-nazis moshing 1 meter behind is something I would never wish to anyone, not even my worst enemy. gladly I survived.

most interesting: iron maiden from the stage. seeing backstage stuff and how the whole thing works is really interesting. and pretty much unique too.

craziest: probably machine head, 3 weeks ago, in milan. phil demmel (machine head's lead guitarist) fainted on stage during a song and the concert was cancelled. that was pretty frightening, but luckily phil is allright (and RIP to his father, who died just 2 days after this event).

craziest2: atheist at evolution 2006, when the bassist was eaten alive by the stage :err: pretty funny!!!!

That would be Decapitated/Hypocrisy/Suffocation/Fear Factory in 2006.

I wasn't up front for most of Fear Factory, because I didn't really care, but I still have a scar from being smashed up against the gate while Decapitated was playing. I also ended up meeting (and annoying) Hypocrisy, and Mike Smith from Suffocation, so it was an all-around fantastic night.

I also almost passed out during Cannibal Corpse and had to fall back a bit. I wasn't at all impressed by my lack of stamina, but it was my second show of the weekend.

Calgary doesn't really get violent. That is probably for the better, though I'd like to see it.

actually the 2nd to last show i went to was feb 25th with whitechapel, the acacia strain, veil of maya, chelsea grin, and I declare war. it was by far the most violent show ive ever been to. i got to crowd surf 3 times during one of which a guy kept punching me for some reason. i got punched in the jaw after being shoved back and forth in the pit (i only weigh 130) and later i got punched right in the heart and it cracked my rib. there were quite a few fights that broke out between the numerous amounts of assholes that were there. oh, and during the acacia strain a guy jumped down from a balcony that was 20 feet above the crowd and landed right in the pit. that was pretty crazy.

My craziest would have to be Summer Slaughter 2007
Headliner = Necrophagist
Supporters = Decapitated/Cephalic Carnage/Cattle Decapitation/The Faceless/As Blood Runs Black/Arsis/Ion Dissonance/Beneath the Massacre/and Daath.
Needless to say I myself broke and arm and a nose, I also broke someone else's foot :heh: Mosh Pits, Wall Of Death, and so much crap went on there i was scared for my life(this tour is always crazy).

My craziest would have to be Summer Slaughter 2007
Headliner = Necrophagist
Supporters = Decapitated/Cephalic Carnage/Cattle Decapitation/The Faceless/As Blood Runs Black/Arsis/Ion Dissonance/Beneath the Massacre/and Daath.
Needless to say I myself broke and arm and a nose, I also broke someone else's foot :heh: Mosh Pits, Wall Of Death, and so much crap went on there i was scared for my life(this tour is always crazy).

dude i was at the 2009 show with Necrophagist, ensiferum, darkest hour, winds of plague ,dying fetus, born of osiris, origin, beneath the massacre, after the burial, decrepit birth, sea of treachery, and blackguard. it was pretty damn awesome

That would be Decapitated/Hypocrisy/Suffocation/Fear Factory in 2006.

I wasn't up front for most of Fear Factory, because I didn't really care, but I still have a scar from being smashed up against the gate while Decapitated was playing. I also ended up meeting (and annoying) Hypocrisy, and Mike Smith from Suffocation, so it was an all-around fantastic night.

I also almost passed out during Cannibal Corpse and had to fall back a bit. I wasn't at all impressed by my lack of stamina, but it was my second show of the weekend.

Calgary doesn't really get violent. That is probably for the better, though I'd like to see it.

Since it's been four years since I posted that:

I saw Slayer and Megadeth together, and it wasn't violent at all. I was quite comfortable on the rail.

Then, a few months later I saw Megadeth in a less-than-proper venue, and I got ripped from the rail, turned around, and then I was trapped in the crowd and I couldn't get out. It was one of the scariest things that has ever happened to me, actually.

The most painful concert I've ever been to was when Amon Amarth came for Sounds of the Underground, and some guy wearing an anime cat hat and a cape decided to headbutt me in the chest while some horrid metalcore band was playing. He winded me and it was pretty stupid and random.

Probably the most violent show was actually Trivium :/... the kids kept wanting to crowd surf (at least 20 of them at a time) and I got knocked in the gravel a few times with rocks in my wounds, walked away with about 15 bruises, and nearly passed out from it being over 100F. Was a good day.

Define crazy... I mean, the best show I went to ever wasn't particularly rowdy. But I saw Motorhead back in college, and there were crackheads smoking weed / crack in the pit. They were smoking up and hitting around in the circle of death. I did fine, except when a crackie missing his front two teeth went mouth-first into the back of my head. I had these hilarious teeth marks where those front two were missing. The venue was small so it didn't get out of control or anything, but the pit itself was full of druggies and bikers. They were swinging at each other pretty hard, although the regular rules of engagement (picking up people who go down and handing them to the wall) still applied.

A year or two before that show, in college also, the vile husk of what's left of the Misfits went to San Juan, PR and a huge ass fight started during the encore. They had to stop the show because a melee with about 100 kids started up in front of the band. There was also a lot of drugs and random violence (groping, theft, haymakers) going on in the pit. I want to say the fight started because the Misfits sucked, but fact is the crowd was into it (hey, I was there). They had lucha libre as the opener for the band (true story).

Come to think of it, that was a pretty fucking surreal concert. I guess it was par for the course in Puerto Rico. I guess I don't remember it that well. I do, however, still have the ticket stubs. At the time I thought it was pretty cool that I got to see them. As far as washed up bands go, Motorhead was a lot better.