While Heaven Wept Returning to Atlanta!

Fizrider

Quasi-Old Fart
Oct 25, 2010
I just stumbled across this show posting - While Heaven Wept will headline Pathfinder Metalfest IV Saturday, 7/7/12 at 120 Tavern and Music Hall (formerly known as "The Local at Sidelines"). Our own Void of Reason is also on the bill. Go for VOR alone, if you must.

I put this here because WHW blew my socks off at last year's PPUSA. Rain sort of redefined "intense lead singer." I thought their live performance exceeded their sound on the album, and I love Vast Oceans Lachrymose.

Brave is also on this bill, which I find cool, given the intermingling with WHW. Theocracy is on this show (so I guess I should go buy As the World Bleeds), as are Lorenguard - who seem to be so "out there" in the Epic Fantasy Classical Symphonic Metal vibe that I guess I should see them, for fear of being labeled a wimpy girly-man.

Dark Symphonic Metal performers Draekon and Brazil's Machinage (who describe themselves with 3 words: Heavy, Speed, and Melody) round out this Marathon of Metal.

I'll be the short geeky dude with a camera and a beer and a generally glazed look in my eyes.

mëtålspëd;10259338 said:
So you will be indistinguishable from 92% of the PP attendees? I kid, I kid...

I'll wear an old RUSH concert t-shirt to distinguish myself.

Oh, wait... nevermind.

Does anyone know if the new venue will be all ages friendly? The Local at Sidelines had an age limit due to the adjoining smoking area - I love bringing my son to shows, so I'd love to know if this has changed. If so, I can be recognized as the guy with the mini-me wearing a Sabaton shirt.

hey Fiz', thanks for reminding folks about this show. I appreciate it, and I'm sure every band involved will appreciate it as well. :D

The completely renovated and re-branded 120 Tavern & Music Hall (formerly The Local @ Sdelines) in Marietta, GA promises to be even better than before. And there are regular patrons who frequent this forum who have always given the venue and restaurant positive reviews. Bands - especially those from out of state - who have played shows there with Pathfinder Promotions in the past have always bragged on the sound system and the sound crew.

So imagine - if you will - that the sound and lights have been completely replaced and upgraded; the stage has been expanded into the room by 4.5 feet; the corner bar has been moved and expanded (up onto the lesser used lounge area), thus making more floor room in front of the stage. All new carpet and flooring installed (no more grocery store tiles), and the entire interior of the building has been repainted - including the beer truck!

Unfortunately for the underaged crowd, the main restaurant remains smoker friendly, so the venue itself - while smoke free - remains ages 18+ only. Sorry.

Anyway, yes, the next installment of the Pathfinder MetalFest will take place in this newly renovated facility and will be the biggest, BEST Pathfinder show EVER with While Heaven Wept co-headlining with Theocracy! So don't you dare miss it folks! :Spin:

Unfortunately for the underaged crowd, the main restaurant remains smoker friendly, so the venue itself - while smoke free - remains ages 18+ only. Sorry.

Well crud.

It amazes me that I can bring an 8 year old to the Masquerade, but I can't bring him to the venue formerly known as The Local.

I'll be there, but withiut my 70 lb. DE wingman.

Well crud.

It amazes me that I can bring an 8 year old to the Masquerade, but I can't bring him to the venue formerly known as The Local.

I'll be there, but withiut my 70 lb. DE wingman.

the Masquerade is smoke-free, while a lot (i.e. MOST) of the smaller clubs in metro Atlanta remain smoker-friendly to bring in more of 'that' clientele. I have no say in the matter. Trust me, if I did it would be a different story. ;)

This popped into my head because I noticed a local show listing for the band Machinage. But I'm thinking I might trek down to this. I missed WHW at ProgPower and I don't know how often I'll get a chance to see them. Especially in what I presume will be a full-length headliner capacity.

This popped into my head because I noticed a local show listing for the band Machinage. But I'm thinking I might trek down to this. I missed WHW at ProgPower and I don't know how often I'll get a chance to see them. Especially in what I presume will be a full-length headliner capacity.

you presume correctly - this is the only headliner capacity show WHW are planning within the U.S. in 2012. They tell me they are working on a few rarities and surprises. :cool:

PLUS the fact that their sister-band BRAVE is on the bill. Where else do you think you'll see that again? :Smug: (yeah, I pulled that off)

PLUS 5 more hi-caliber acts in an intimate environment? not one single filler or fluff. :worship:

c'mon down. details including hotel & venue plus links to all bands found here.

Concerning their headlining set on July 7th at Pathfinder MetalFest IV, While Heaven Wept founder Tom Phillips has informed me - and I quote - "we've prepared roughly an 80 minute set including 4 songs we didn't do at ProgPower...one of which will be the first time we've performed it live ever."
/end quote/

\m/ BAD. ASS.

also...

BRAVE will be performing their only scheduled U.S. appearance for 2012
THEOCRACY performs their only scheduled metro Atlanta show for 2012
LORENGUARD makes a very rare appearance outside of Indiana
DRAEKON kicks off a week-long tour, and kicks off PMF IV - DON'T MISS IT!!
VOID OF REASON performs what may be their final show of this year in metro Atlanta (Dan needs a kidney transplant)
MACHINAGE... get your Brazilian Thrash on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-mOHexoYQI&feature=player_embedded

need I say more? :worship:

Wish I could go. This is going to be an amazing show.

Definitely wear your PP shirts, and print some flyers to hand out!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wheatley/sets/72157630259122722/

7429850264_e26b3b4cff_m.jpg
7429854342_639b55ef67_m.jpg

for those attending tonight, arrive early for premium parking. There's a UFC PPV being televised in the attached bar & grill. Parking lot will likely be overflowing before 8PM.

PATHFINDER METALFEST IV
at The 120 Tavern & Music Hall
1440 Roswell Rd, Marietta, GA 30062

‎4PM - doors (VIP & Press)

4:30 - doors general admission

5PM - Draekon (40 m)

6PM - Machinage (40 m)

7PM - Brave (45 m)

8PM - Lorenguard (45 m)

9PM – Void of Reason (45 m)

10PM - Theocracy (50 m)

11PM – Pathfinder State of the Union Address*

11:15PM - While Heaven Wept (80 m)

1AM - PMF IV after party!!!

*I have some news to announce. Some may find it to their liking; some may be ambivalent; some may be watching the UFC PPV.