While Heaven Wept

Cheiron

Jan 11, 2006
Every time I listen to Of Empires Forlorn... I am reminded of why I fell in love with metal in the first place.

I get quite the special feeling as well when I listen to Vast Oceans Lachrymose.

I have said this before and I will repeat: there are very few bands that have evoked such feelings upon FIRST listen. To me Orphaned Land, Persefone and While Heaven Wept are some of them.

Wow, fast work-- from Facebook:

"Fear Of Infinity" has been completed and delivered to Nuclear Blast...it was an arduous process that has left me drained emotionally, spiritually, mentally, and physically. I am sure I've sprouted a few more grey hairs and shaved a few years off of my life...but miraculously we completed a WHW album in less than 6 months...time to hibernate...and drink a beer. Or 12.

From the WHW site:

"Irish dark metal masters PRIMORDIAL are set to conquer Europe with their spiritual, mythological music-art. They will be supported by the U.S. classic metallers WHILE HEAVEN WEPT and the French circle of ALCEST"

:yow: DAMN.

You would not recognize it, other than Potomac Mills.

I'm sure the neighborhoods are all still the same. I got lost trying to find Minniville Road though last time through. I used to live right off of it.

When I first moved there, Potomic Mills was just a field, and there was one stop sign between my house and I-95. It got real ugly, real quick.

They are my next band to listen to in prep for September - recommendations on best recordings, most representative music?

Last time I was at Potomac mills, I had "Boot Head" and was eating "real food" while on leave from Quantico... of course, that was before Al Gore invented the internets...