While I Wait For TERRIA...

Oct 26, 2002
RainbowLand
www.youtube.com
...yes, that's right. It went from one week to SIX WEEKS...:Smug:

Anyway, while I'm waiting, can some of you tell me what to expect from this CD?

Are the songs similar to the great ACCELERATED EVOLUTION? Do they have that 'ocean sound?' That epic, sweeping flooding of music and noise?

Is it rather different? Softer? Mellow?

Thanks!

OPR

terria is very lush. if you listen with headphones, it's fucking cool. the sheer emotions of the songs really make you feel the music. the songs are layered so well. just so many different levels...hard to explain. the songs themselves are almost all slow to mid tempo. "the fluke" is the fastest song on the album - it's mid tempo. although the brilliant "earth day" has some cool fast double bass drumming in some parts. the guitars are awesome. but the highlight of the album is the vocals. dev really outdoes himself on this one. the production is another highlight...crystal clear. lyrically it's all over the place. the album is a tribute to the earth, so a lot of the songs have a theme around raw materials, as strange as it is. "tiny tears" and "nobody's here" are the two slowest songs on the album, and pretty "sad" as well...

but yes, the songs are epics and very expansive.

but the real question is....do you have Infinity, the greatest album ever made? you MUST get that at once. no questions asked.

sorry this "review" of the album is so random. ive been drinking a little.

I agree. AE is pretty stripped down compared to the other albums. So, if you enjoy it, you'll most definitely be left in awe of the other albums. I cant wait till you hear Ocean Machine, Infinity and Physicist...Terria as well!

Terrias the greatest album ever created IMO. It took me a bit longer to get into that Devins other releases but I find it the most emotional and technical. Its the only album I listen to every day since it was released. Words do not describe this album. Its so good your head will explode.

No, Infinity has more layers than Terria does. Listen to songs like Colonial Boy, Noisy Pink Bubbles...it's hard to keep track of how many different layers of sound there are. I have listened to Infinity nonstop for like two years and I still find new things...

Same with Terria to an extent, especially in The Fluke...but nowhere near as layered as Infinity.

Overlord Purple Rainbow said:
Man, this TERRIA CD sounds almost heavenly...
ITs a godly record for sure
headbob.gif

If you like AE this much, you're pretty much going to like all his other albums. AE is actually his weakest believe it or not, even though it is still great. Infinity...you must buy and listen!!!!

Hummm
I wouldn't say that AE is weak, this record is different :
the band is different
the production is different (one of the best devy production)
the song writing is more "natural" more "hard rock" and maybe less experimental, have two progressive masterpieces with "away" and "dead head" and the rest is artistically original and we can't blame him for that.

From one album to an another, you can regognize the Devy sounding, but the whole concept is always different. On his next record Dev should play more crazy shit a la infinity, there's a time for everything, be patient, my favourite record is and always will be infinity but I also enjoyed all the rest SYL stuff included

Geoff