Whitesnake question

Spiff

I have the power
Apr 14, 2001
Brisbane, Australia
Hello

I'm extremely lazy and therefore can't be bothered doing any real research for this question:

How many songs from 1987 are original for that album and how many were rerecorded?

Thank you.

Yeah Gorey is right. The "1987" versions slaughter the "Saints & Sinners" versions too. I can see why they picked those 2 though, Saints & Sinners was the first Whitesnake album I got and out of the whole album only 3 songs stood out. Here I Go Again and Cryin' In The Rain were two of them. The other was "Young Blood" which was the best song on the album (though doesn't come close to the '87 versions of the other 2 obviously).

They also did a remake on their 1989 album Slip Of The Tongue. They re-recorded Fool For Your Lovin' which was a big hit in 1980. Also a far better version than the original! I remember seeing an interview with Dave Coverdale around 1989 where he said he wishes he could re-record every song they've ever done with their 1989 lineup. And what a lineup it was - Coverdale, Steve Vai, Adrian Vandenberg, Tommy Aldridge, Rudy Sarzo! Supergroup!

Hmm, and all this time I thought there were plenty of songs from 1987 that were rerecorded - probably because there are so many classic tracks on it.

Thanks dudes!

Yeah John Skyes suited Whitesnake really well but the overall lineup on Slip Of The Tongue is more of a supergroup. Five extremely well respected big names of rock at the time!

1987 and Slip Of The Tongue are very hard albums to choose between but I would just go Slip because it has my 3 fave Whitesnake songs - Now You're Gone, The Deeper The Love and Fool For Your Lovin' :)