Who Are Dragonlord?

Originally posted by Overlord Purple Rainbow
Anyway, I did see a Dragonlord CD at my local CD store...

There was only one...it had a picture of a Samuri warrior on the back, if that makes any sense...

Would it be worth getting?

hi OPR!

:lol: actually, i think eric would be flattered... yes, that "samurai warrior lookin' guy" is our ERIC PETERSON. but he's not japanese... he's swedish/mexican ;).

yes, it is worth getting! the music is superb and the packaging is gorgeous... definitely a collector's item!

Originally posted by ms. anthrope
hi OPR!

:lol: actually, i think eric would be flattered... yes, that "samurai warrior lookin' guy" is our ERIC PETERSON. but he's not japanese... he's swedish/mexican ;).

yes, it is worth getting! the music is superb and the packaging is gorgeous... definitely a collector's item!

This is true the packaging is above average(for Spirfire Records).
The band is fantastic & you will NOT be disappointed.
So run back to that store & get the disc before someone else snatches!
:D

I ordered rapture... like maybe just under a month after it came out, I heard "Unholyvoid" on Digital-Cable metal station (weird... huh?) - After a shitload of deliberation, I finally decided it was Symphotic Melodic/Thrash metal w/ Black elements (mainly in the atmosphere, and Eric's vocals)

Dragonlord could well be better influenced if Eric looked more into the likes of Obtained Enslavement & Naglfar, Dissection & Covenant (circa: nexus polaris) than Cradle of Filth & Dimmu Borgir, but hell, Im not complaining, I love the damn album, its fallen in and out of my sight alot as Ive grown though metal, but when I finally decided that Blackened symphotic/melodic metal like Norther, Skyfire & such we're basically my favorite genre... well Dragonlord kinda fit right in.

Eric looks asian? i always thought he looked like what he was, Caucasian (Swedish you say? guess Peterson is a dead giveaway of that huh -_-) and Native American. Besides, he's handling a fantasy sword made by Kit Rae there, not a Katana, I believe the model name is called "Sword of Darkness II" and it has a special title too in Kit Rae's fantasy saga etc...

Oh, by the way, Ive actually seen Rapture available in most music stores... actually they had it at my local best buy -_-;... Spitfire does have good distro, Ill give em' that.

Note to everyone here:
BUY:
Kaliban- The Tempest of Thoughts
&
Insomnium- In the halls of Awaiting
&
Asgaroth- Red Shift (to whom have a message board here now)

Kaliban sortof sounds like Something Wild style Children of Bodom, with folk metal & old sentenced (when they we're finnish melodeath) mixed in to create a very cool sound, trust me.

Insomnium sounds like a cross between Swedish & Finnish Melodic death, but theres something about them... folk influences, a very cold & depressed feel, beautiful coverart too, Im sure many of you would love them (Think: Sacrilege (The swedish Melodeath/black one), Eucharist, Dark tranquillity, In Flames, old Amorphis, Sentenced, maybe some Dark or Goth metal touches... but then the signiture sound of Finland is a melancholy feel)

Asgaroth are a Symphotic Black/Doom metal band from Spain, some of the best usage of keyboard work Ive ever heard, Lyle? ha- Janne Warman (CoB)... probably even better. The Atmosphere they create is very, very deep & well done.

Well, Im done trying to pimp new material into your ears, but Im sure any fan of music like Dragonlord would like these bands very much. And Since I know to hell your not finding this at Tower Records or whatever, If you dont know anything about Internet mailorder look to "The End Records, Omega mailorder store" great selection, prices & shipment plans. And for back up, Century Media has a good mailorder too, and finally if all else fails, and your willing to shell out a few extra bucks, www.metaldisc.com has, or can get *Anything*- and reasonably quick too, just be wary of ordering when the bastards are on vacation :lol: