Who are the best German thrashers?

Yeah, one can't forget bands like EXUMER, DEATHROW, TANKARD, HOLY MOSES, VENDETTA or IRON ANGEL- definitely not that successful, but great nontheless.
As for the trinity- pretty hard to decide, but I'd say KREATOR

Kreator

never got into Tankard - heard just one song - Space beer - and i thouht it was enough for me ...

Sodom - I like very much!!!!

and Dew- Scented from the new generation thrash

heh Tankard is very specific ;) Some call them "happy-thrash' (I dont like this, but...) They are into beers and others alko very much, makeing songs 'bout it, they can laugh of it, and of themselfs (Soul: trzeba traktować tą kapele z przymruzeniem oka ;))

I really like "minds on the moon" track ...its not 1st league, but its a good one - try it ;)

They're all pretty fucking awesome. Kreator's first five are UNFUCKINGBEATABLE, but then they took a total nosedive. Early Destruction (apart from Infernal Overkill) honestly doesn't do much for me, but All Hell Breaks Loose is excellent, and The Antichrist is one of the all-time great thrash albums. And of course, Sodom is insanely consistent and badass. I just picked up M-16, it's right up there with Agent Orange and Persecution Mania, if not surpassing it.

Then there's all those other awesome bands, Tankard and Exumer in particular. This is hard. I'm just gonna say Kreator on the basis of Coma of Fucking Souls and Pleasure To Fucking Kill, but that's no sure thing. The new one looks promising though.