Who are the best

Opeth and Pain of Salvation do have a lot in common with their emotional song writing and complexity without all the "wankery"....

Shadow Gallery do not play live shows. In order to determine who is 'best', live performance should be part of the test.

Whut? I didn't know that. Why don't they play live shows? That's bizarre...

I like Shadow Gallery, Enchant are pretty good, Pain of Salvation is like music to kill yourself to or something. If you weren't pissed off beforehand, a few minutes of Remedy Lane will sort that out. And people say Evergrey are morose..... :cry:

SX and DT are top of the tree for me. :headbang:

I really have more of a thing for his vocals. I swear i melt every time he growls it's just so perfect and then when he actually SINGS. AHHHH! *melts* :oops: It's Metalgasmic!

Haha, I'm usually not a fan of growl vocals, but Mikael just does it right. His growls and clean vocals send chills down my spine ( in the good way :p ). ProgPilg is definitely right about Mikael being a good song writer. That's one thing I love about Opeth. Their song structures are unparalled as far as I'm concerned.

Whut? I didn't know that. Why don't they play live shows? That's bizarre...

I like Shadow Gallery, Enchant are pretty good, Pain of Salvation is like music to kill yourself to or something. If you weren't pissed off beforehand, a few minutes of Remedy Lane will sort that out. And people say Evergrey are morose..... :cry:

SX and DT are top of the tree for me. :headbang:

Pain of salvation are uplifting:worship: