Who are the best

My band's first demo was terrible :D

Musicianship doesn't only come from technical solos and weird two-handed tapping stuff at 210 bpm. I personally think that it's all about the melody, emotion but you might want to spice it up a bit with a technical show-off.

I totally agree, so are you an enchant fan:worship: now there's melody, and pain of salvation:worship:

Yeah....they need a vocalist though....lol. My mind was wandering with no lyrics. Some bands are so awesome they don't need much lyrics. Like Opeth can keep my attention with out lyrics for a period of time for instance but these guys need something to draw in attention...or perhaps...attention away from...*cough* oh well you get the point...LOL

Symphony X and Dream Theater are at the top of their genre because they play music that is complex, yet still retains an interesting melody. If it were all about musicianship, Spiral Architect and other similar bands would be top tier. And seriously, who can listen to that pandemonium for more than 20 minutes? As a friend of mine once said, "Listening to Spiral Architect is like doing calculus in hieroglyphics."

Pain of Salvation rocks, I mean their stuff is sometimes weird so I can see how you wont like it but otherwise their music rocks! And Spiral Architect I find is ass...the guys are being technical for the sake of being technical, not because they can write a song...and they most certainly cant write a song, I find Spiral Architect massively borring music! Shaddow Gallery is a kick ass band as well, I wouldn't put them at the likes of Dream Theater or Symphony X any day, but they do rock!