Who are you?

More welcomes! I'm feeling the warm fuzzies already.....Like a lot of people, I had Rotting Christ's 'A Dead Poem' for awhile before listening to the compilation CD. I knew most of the other bands, so I was flipping through all the tracks one day driving in the car, until I got to track 10, I thought 'hmm.....whatthehell?' The fusion of instruments and musical styles really caught my attention- I love that kind of stuff. The big growl at the beginning and the vocals just had me right there. I bought El Norra Alila within a week from some online import place, the whole album was unlike anything I've heard, and still is. El Meod Na'Ala became another favorite song of mine, and I got the Sahara and The Beloved's Cry soon after.....on most of the compilations I've burned for myself, OL is usually on there somewhere. :)

Anyone, feel free to email me to chat or whatever, I'm usually bored because I'm neglecting the things I should be doing.... :p

El Meod Na'Ala is actually The tune who got me back into OL, i used to like the beloved`s cry, but for some reason i didnt got into sahara these years. El meod Na`ala was far too heart-melting to ignor. did you know that in the acoustic show, a year ago (I think) the band gave 667 copies of "the calm before the flood"? there are 3 rare tracks in it, and some multimedia for your `puter.

i don't know if anyone is still reading this thread, as it's so long and pretty old, but just in case:
I'm Oded, and live in Boston, USA. My parents are Israeli, but moved to USA before I was born. I've been over a few times, and can't wait to return.
I was working in the health care industry, but lost my job. More free time is good! >:)
I discovered Orphaned Land many years ago when someone told me "Sahara" sounded like Amorphis. Of course it didn't, but it was (and is) excellent music.

I'm Bill living in Pittsburgh, PA located in the USA ... I just noticed there was an Orphaned Land forum, i'm usually posting in the katatonia and Anathema ones. I'm an Ancient history major and don't know what I'm going to do with that but I have like one year left and hopefully before that I will get to study in England. I'm very lonely lately and all I got is doom and other great metal to depend on (oh and beer too!!) Cheers everyone

So now what? I need to introduce myself?
Hmm....okidoo then.
Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself to you: Born 23 winters ago under the name Tomer.
Living in the land of the orphaned.
Fav. music: Music in general.
Fav. band: Emperor above you all.

glad to see that all the good people from the hydepark are here: chormon, empress and offcourse, the grand messiah Koby.

Guess that we'll see you all (israelian guys) in the Nail Within show.

Cheers.

I'm Kurt- 23 from the US- law student- who is thinking about dropping out and going to grad school. Used to be a drummer- ran out of time and talent a few years ago. I listen to alot of different forms of music- but metal still is my fave, although I love electronica and old rock like King Crimson and the Stones etc. Fave drink- Guinness- and or decent dry red wine.

Fuck u all, I am not going do read all of this thread...I am Keynan from Kibutz Manara, Israel. I am 17.25(3 months...).
I play the Drums, but I also own a Squier Bullet Bass, and a Yamaha JX50 amp.

I love books, mostly Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

My nick in HydePark is "freak" , and that concluds about all there is about me.

Oh, and I don't like beer. So what? Kill me?! WITH A HERRING?!!

My turn now:
I'm John and I'm from Hell-as(s)(welknown as Greece among humans). I'm 17 and I hear heavy metal music for about 6 year now and I play guitar (Washburn DIME-333 and a f*ckin Samick 15W amp) for 5 years. I'm a vinyl fanatic, I'm very new in this forum and love BEER. My favs are Savatage, Cannnibal Corpse, Omen, Children Of Bodom, Hypocrisy, Rotting Christ, Megadeth and many many others. I like hearing almost every metal genre and some different things like some jazz and darkwave stuff. Thats me :)

Hi guys
i'm Sabrina from Torino (Italy):hotjump:
i'm 30 years old,this february, (2 february ):hotjump:
i'm born and i live now in Torino(Italy)
I play the electric bass i have ( ibanez bass)

i love orphaned land :headbang:
and heavy metal music to general,:headbang:
i love childrens ,
animals ,
friends ,
photograph ,
and travelled ........

Hi guys
i'm Sabrina from Torino (Italy):hotjump:
i'm 30 years old,this february, (2 february ):hotjump:
i'm born and i live now in Torino(Italy)
I play the electric bass i have ( ibanez bass)

i love orphaned land :headbang:
and heavy metal music to general,:headbang:
i love childrens ,
animals ,
friends ,
photograph ,
and travelled ........

I'm Brice.
From Tennessee, USA
I am a freshman majoring in physics.
I play keyboards, trombone, guitar, and anything else I find.
I usually post on the Opeth forum. Vintersorg and Katatonia sometimes.
I like Orphaned Land.
I also like mountain biking.
Oh, I forgot. 19 years old.

I've been here a while(like a year and a half) and most of you pretty much know me but I never introduced myself properly here.

I'm Ilan(aka paradoxile aka fishik aka weierstrass) from Israel 23 year old computer engineering student and a trOO orphaned disciple.:worship:

Hello everybody!!!It's good to see you all!!!We look a big familly now!!!:)
So my real name is Laetitia(but everybody calls me Maria,that's a long story!),i was born on the 1st of November 1984 in Montauban,south west of France,single child.:confused:
I 'm crazy:loco: (laugh all the time,don't know why!)and not very clever!
So,now i live in Toulouse with my boyfriend Emey(guitarist in"Soror Dolorosa") and i work with old persons,it's a little bit hard but they are very nice,i like it.
My passions are having fun with friends,music & concerts,photography & art in general,nature & travelling,poetry and taking care of my beloved Emey!!!
And i speak to much!!!:D

I'm Olivier (Ollo-San) I'm crazy about Japan and Middle East ! My life is boring that's why I just give the necessary !
I'm 17 and I love beer and I practice Kendo! I

Nice idea to revive this old thread.
Maria- your list of favourite things reads like mine: (metal) music, literature,traveling, poetry, art, concerts and photogrsphy- check-

So I am Nathalie from the Netherlands, been around this forum for about 1,5 yrs and love Orphaned Land and Israel very much! In fact I love it all so much I started a fanclub. Traveled to a lot of OL shows abroad and met lots of nice people along the way. Also I met quite a few members of this forum out on the road, so being here is staying in touch with friends.

Currently I am working again, heyyy money's got to come from somewhere....
What kept me interested is not only the music, but the fact that the Orphaned family is spread accross the globe and the fact that the vibe in this forum is a very positive one. It totally relfects what the bandmembers are about themselves.