Who are your top 5 vocalists to replace Khan?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdk__GOYnFg&feature=feedlik[/ame]

~Jen

Tommy would be a great choice, as he can do the old stuff, and add something completely new to the band as well.

Tommy would be a great choice, as he can do the old stuff, and add something completely new to the band as well.

He's got the image that will work for the ladies as well. Just ask my wife.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Yea, ask my wife also, she was totally taken by Tomy(I think it was his smile), and she doesn't usually get that way with rock stars, but she was with Tomy when we met him up at that Italian place up from Center Stage

wink.gif

In the words of Jesse Ventura "I am a [hetero]sexual tyranosaurus", but I am willing to go gay for Tommy any day!

On a more serious note though, he truly is one of a kind and I think he'd be perfect for the job.
To be honest I doubt we will see Seventh Wonder grow much beyond the point where they are now and from what I understand both the drummer and the (godly) bass player are out of the picture with the latter being the driving force behind the band. It is a shame as I love them, but in the light of that I would hate for the metal world to lose the voice of Tommy, so I can only hope he will find a place in a bigger band to fully get the exposure he deserves.

Any other thoughts on this from someone who potentially knows more than I do anout their status??
(apologies for kinda hi-jacking...)

They're headlining ProgPower Europe this year.

~Jen

You're right...
-Does anybody know who will be on stage at that show?

Is it a one off or do they in fact have a new line-up?

[...]from what I understand both the drummer and the (godly) bass player are out of the picture[...]

They posted on their forum that they have chosen a new drummer and will be making an official announcement soon.

Where do you get that Andreas B is 'out of the picture'? I've not heard/read anything of the sort, but that'd be terrible news if true.

and from what I understand both the drummer and the (godly) bass player are out of the picture with the latter being the driving force behind the band
Andreas is not out of the picture, he is just here in the US (LA) doing some work for his company here in the US. He is still a huge part of SW.

They posted on their forum that they have chosen a new drummer and will be making an official announcement soon.

Where do you get that Andreas B is 'out of the picture'? I've not heard/read anything of the sort, but that'd be terrible news if true.

He's not out of the band atm. He's working in the US so they stated Johan Larsson will take over his duties for the PP Europe show on Facebook.

^damn you

Although 2011 will be a rather quiet year for Seventh Wonder (not many shows) there's no need to be worried at all.

Andreas Blomqvist is not out of the picture at all!
The search for the new drummer and the fact that Andreas will be working in the USA for a year (and then return to Stockholm) has not been great timing - i.e. playing shows supporting the release of 'The Great Escape' - but it is only a minor set-back. Like miel said, they WILL headline ProgPower Europe on friday, indeed with Johan Larsson and the new drummer.
If things work out the right way, there might be an 'Italian tour' as well!

...To be honest I doubt we will see Seventh Wonder grow much beyond the point where they are now...
I can't agree. Seventh Wonder definitely keeps growing and growing. People are spreading the word, new fans are made each day and sales are better with each album.
I'm convinced the guys will have fantastic new ideas for the next album when they start rehearsing again in february/march next year.

Regarding Tommy, I think the tour with Kamelot is a great opportunity and experience for him as a singer and indirectly for Seventh Wonder as well (exposure).
I do not want him to leave Seventh Wonder. Kamelot is a nice band, but that's it - no competition at all to SW in my book.

I'm not trying to kiss Urban's ass here, but I believe he'd be a great candidate for KAMELOT.

1. The talent vocally is there. We know that.
2. He's an excellent showman/frontman.
3. He is a songwriter, also.

Although 2011 will be a rather quiet year for Seventh Wonder (not many shows) there's no need to be worried at all.

Andreas Blomqvist is not out of the picture at all!
The search for the new drummer and the fact that Andreas will be working in the USA for a year (and then return to Stockholm) has not been great timing - i.e. playing shows supporting the release of 'The Great Escape' - but it is only a minor set-back. Like miel said, they WILL headline ProgPower Europe on friday, indeed with Johan Larsson and the new drummer.
If things work out the right way, there might be an 'Italian tour' as well!

I can't agree. Seventh Wonder definitely keeps growing and growing. People are spreading the word, new fans are made each day and sales are better with each album.
I'm convinced the guys will have fantastic new ideas for the next album when they start rehearsing again in february/march next year.

Regarding Tommy, I think the tour with Kamelot is a great opportunity and experience for him as a singer and indirectly for Seventh Wonder as well (exposure).
I do not want him to leave Seventh Wonder. Kamelot is a nice band, but that's it - no competition at all to SW in my book.

You might be right, and I am not saying there is anything wrong with the band, it is just that I am getting a bad feeling from all of this...
You know, Tommy dancing with the stars and Andreas (at least for the time being) out of the picture... This is usually the way it starts :(

Seventh Wonder and Kamelot are my two favorite bands. I would hate for one to break up the other. If Tommy could be in both at the same time, though...

( I'm new here, so I'm expecting a Wedgie )

Well, whomever they pick, will bring along past fans and will have the task of trying to win new ones and satisfying current fans, Not to mentioin will possibly define any new direction of the band. That's a tough position. Alot to think about there. That's got to be alot of pressure.