who can make the best out of this bass track!?

Why don't you upload the rest of the song (a stereo bounce with the bass track muted)? I think you'll get more interested people if they know the context of the track.

@Aaron
i just updated the first post wirh a stereo drum/guitar track! :)

@sprack
thanks a lot! :)
sounds good to me but still very DI-ish. which compressor did you use?
could you do me the favour and redewnload the basstrack if you have time to give it another try (RPM)
i kinda fucked up the first wav file, there was a crack in the beginning i didn'T notice before.

@Loren Littlejohn
drum/guitar track added in the first post! :)

@Raptor7
been thinking about this but i am not sure if i can convince Ermz to do it for free! :lol: :D

cheers
S.

Thanks. It was just your DI run through the Ashly.
Plan was to run it through the RPM -> compressor -> convolution. But the RPM was being a bitch last night and it was too late to really fuck with it. I'll try the RBI too.

the bass is a scechter stiletto custom 4 NT, with passive EMG's/active tone control.
i disabled the tone controls though as i wanted the sound to be as clean as possible.
strings are not brand new but they are not old also. what kind of strange is it,
maybe the DI sucks, or i just fucked up something while exporting...again :(

cheers
S.

It sounds almost like a vsti, there's no grind to it when it's through the bddi, it just farts and clicks lol. For reference, here's what the DI from the Swarm Mix Challenge on here sounds like and here's what the processed one sounds like.

i did some slip editing and copied parts but this should not make it sound like a vsti i think.
just reuploaded the bass again, did anything change? maybe the file was just fucked up?

i hope you'll have time for anoter try, the files you posted sound badass!

DOWNLOAD BASS TRACK@DROPBOX

cheers
S.

I think it has to do with the basses actual sound, I can't explain it, but it just doesn't sound like it should to me. Maybe someone with some better experience can tell you what's up with it.

Retrack with brand new steel strings and hit them waaaaay harder.
No amount of post processing is going to fix this type of sound.

@cobhc
doesn't sound that bad to me, could you post the reamped single bass track?
thanks a lot! :)

@~BURNY~
yeah i know that brand new strings would sound much better but i'm not able to afford new bass strings atm, completely broke :(

cheers
S.