Who can Play here lile COB? Idea in it..

Mago_Lari

Wizard Member
Jul 22, 2003
Italy
Hey Folk..who can really play like COB here?
We could record something togheter..we choose a COB song, everyone who want record it ( Guitar, Bass, Keyboard, Drums and Vocals..) and then post here..and at the end we all vote for the best stuff and finally mix the cover!
How could this be?

C

great idea !!!
I think downfall is a very good song for this exercise ! (but I can't play the solo :erk: )
I can try to record the keyboard part, .
wesh

That is a great song..so will be that one? lets leave more time to other ppl to choos and tomorrow we will start ok?
i will record Keyboard too..

A cool idea. Unfortunately we don't have good recording equipment in our rehearsal place and I once recorded my drums and the sound totally sucked. Everything sounded like a Dark Throne album. A COB cover deserves a better sound.

By the way, Thilo already recorded a couple of COB solos like Warheart and Silent Night, Bodom Night. Maybe he can help you guys.

I can do Bodom Vocals pretty good. but I dont have anything to record unfortunately:yell:. I might in about 2 weeks...... But theres probably somebody else just as good or better who can. But if nobody else im sure I can work something out

great..
let's choose the Song first..
i choose BED OF RAZORS..and you? The song which will have more votes will be the one..!
C

I could play rythym on Downfall. im definately down for it, ill lay it down on my buddies computer when i go home in a couple of weeks.

me and stoned did hate me but to be honest a straight cover is a bit dull you know maybe do a cob cover in your own style is certainly intresting but not a note for note cover if anyone is intresting in doin somthin mail me (i play keys by the way)

Darthlardo said:
I hate everyone that can play CoB solos

I really think learning other people's solos is a waste of time. I say if you can do that, kudos to you, that's excellent. But I really think it hinders your own creative ability. I would rather spend time improvising and practicing scales so I can make up my own shit.

My votes Downfall but bed of Razors can also work but hey im not even on an instrument so.... not much of a difference to me. I will look around for somebody to record seeing as nobody so far has said anything about Vocals and I realize .... why not?? this is a good opportunity to get something of my own out