Who downloaded the new Slipknot song?

hmmm..... i rather like it. it does have some weak points, like the vocals..... I agree that Corey should stick to screaming most of the time. on the other hand, the song was energetic and the riffs were pretty good, and i did like the solos. this also seems like a "single" track, i have a feeling the other tracks will be better. well anyways not too many here like Slipknot, but I do.... i'm interested in their next record.

Is it just me, or did they use to be heavier?

Weak solo, weak vocals, bad riffs, pretty good breakdown/mosh section, good yet unremarkable drumming, and horrible underuse of the DJ.

They lost a fan here.

Slipknot are tr00 said:
Hell yea! The new single is so kvlt :headbang: Its so mooch betta dan nething slayer has eva put out! Slipknot for life! Corey your my hero!!!! :worship:

Now Playing: New Slipknot Single- Maggotmonia
Worst fake account ever.

I like it.
I've been a Slipknot fan for a long time, the band that got me into metal aswell.
This isn't anything like thier other work, it's a different direction, just like every album has been so far.
MFKR was a mix of everything they could think off, they didn't know what direction to go.
Then Slipknot, which was more less thier biggest selling, probably thier most creative.
Iowa was much heavier, bit over produced, however my favorite.

This new one they've started using solo's, they have solo's in the so far two released songs, Don't Get Close and Pulse of the Maggots, Don't get close won't be on the album.

I agree Corey's vocal's aren't as good, they are too much like his vocals for Stone Sour. Drumming is pretty good, the riff reminds me of Slayer, which I can't say is a good thing for Slipknot.
Over all, I've heard better by them, but it's better than a lot of stuff by bands nowdays in my opinion.

I think a DJ can enhance a band's sound a lot.

See: early Sugar Ray, Incubus, hed pe, Lostprophets,

and songs by: Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Mest, Wheatus, Aerosmith, Anthrax...

i didn't mind the song at all, the vocals are weak as piss though, they really don't suit it. But at least they are progressing to become mildly talented, they still can;t seem to shake the Nu-Metal sound though can they? it's a bit like mudvayne, "The End Of All Things To Come" isn't a bad album and it's got some good playing on it but the riffs are still too heavily based around nu-metal and the production sound typically nu-metal.

anonymousnick2001 said:
I think a DJ can enhance a band's sound a lot.

See: early Sugar Ray, Incubus, hed pe, Lostprophets,

and songs by: Dream Theater, Fear Factory, Mest, Wheatus, Aerosmith, Anthrax...
I think you should verify that Dream Theater only used a turntable, briefly, on one song, "The Glass Prison". It's not until Part II kicks in. And i'm not even sure if they really used a DJ, as no one is credited with playing it.

Same thing with Fear Factory, only one song "Edgecrusher".

Incubus's 'S.C.I.E.N.C.E.' is one of the best heavy rock/modern rock/funk/whatever CD's I've heard. It has to be heard.

I think its ok.. i agree Vocals sound too much like Stone Sour..
The DJ is crap. Mick soloing/shredding is a good thing! he's breaking out of his shell because lots of people sed he couldnt play, but the riffing still makes it abit too Nu-Metal and drums ok too i guess.. it made my head bob just a little bit too.
I'm just proud of Mick even if the solo is abit weak.

I'm expecting more from the album though.
Slipknot have always been ones to keep the best un-released.
Slipknot had Spit it out, and Wait and Bleed, while the rest of the album where great songs like (sic), Liberate, Purity (If you have the first version where it wasn't taken off)...
Iowa had People=shit, Disasterpiece, Everything Ends, The Shape, New Abortion, and even Iowa itself (Which is a great piece of work if your willing to listen to 15 minutes of Slipknot ;)).. It could and probably will be the same for this album.

I'm taking it for granted Corey's vocals are a bit too much like Stone Sour, is because he wants to go back to his old vocals eventually (Pre-Slipknot), like he said in an interview once.
If your curious about old Stone Sour, check out "Surgery", "I can't believe", on Kazaa. It's like a different band, I love it. Nice riffs, nice drumming, nice guitar work in general and Corey is a complete different person vocal wise.

Haha, well i cant be arsed to read all the replies, but, i actually enjoyed the track :) I dont mind a lot of Slipknot stuff, the good thing about this new track is the fact Slipknot are trying to make a step in the right direction. There isnt really anything special here, and the solo is dreadful, but it's not bad. Good riffs, top class drumming, vocals are a let down also.