Bands You Used To Love, But Now Loathe

In Flames (Jester Race is still great album tho')
Hatebreed -same old shit album after album
Most Metalcore
Shadows Fall - same as hatebreed
Metallica - goes w/out saying really...still like Puppets and RTL

The only band I've really stopped listening to is System Of A Down.

Their style just does my head in now, it's annoying. It's a pretty damn good achievement of them to get on my nerves, because with the way I rotate music I find it quite hard to get tired of a band, I just listen to a few different of genres. Seriously. I love listening to Figure Number Five by Soilwork (Well, a couple of songs, I tried listening it through once and got deja vu every 4 minutes) and In Flames - Colony and Clayman, but still SOAD just piss me off. Immensely.

Woooo I finally scored some Thoth-Amon points:lol:

What's on your avatar?

Bela Bartok. He was a brilliant composer, one of the 20th century's best actually. I recommend Music for Strings, Percussion and Celesta... very spooky and powerful piece. :saint:

The only band I've really stopped listening to is System Of A Down.

Their style just does my head in now, it's annoying. It's a pretty damn good achievement of them to get on my nerves, because with the way I rotate music I find it quite hard to get tired of a band, I just listen to a few different of genres. Seriously. I love listening to Figure Number Five by Soilwork (Well, a couple of songs, I tried listening it through once and got deja vu every 4 minutes) and In Flames - Colony and Clayman, but still SOAD just piss me off. Immensely.
Always liked Natural Born Chaos. Turn to Stone is cool track.

How are they NOT nu-metal? I agree they're not too bad as far as nu-metal goes, and didn't play on the whole teen angst thing, but I'm sorry but musically they sound like archetypal nu-metal to me. BTW 'spiders' is a killer song, I'm going to listen to it now.

They don't sound anything like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Coal Chamber, Slipknot, Mudvayne, or any of the 'typical' nu-metal bands, so to say they sound like archetypal nu-metal is misguided.

I wish people would really stop using the term nu-metal...it's essentially an ignorant title given by naive mainstream music critics to describe bands that are basically hard rock. Korn, Coal Chamber etc are rock bands with varying influences.

Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit are not in any form 'metal' at all and should not even be given the title nu-metal because theres is no metal influence in any of those bands.