Bands You Used To Love, But Now Loathe

I know what power metal sounds like, and Wintersun has viking/folk power metal written all over it, right down to the drumming. I have nothing against that. In fact, I'll take Wintersun over most power metal bands. Unfortunately, that kind of music is not what I desire. More power to those who do like it, but because I don't care for something because it sounds remotely like power metal, doesn't mean I hate it or discredit its musical merit.

I still don't hear it. My metal tastes were harvested on power metal and thus I have quite a backing in it, but Wintersun does not display any traits that would put it into a category of "power metal". Viking/folk, yes, but not power.

Most of the bands that paved the path for me into extreme metal and a couple of others that simply lost their appeal over the years
Nightwish
Tristania
Behemoth
Opeth
Children of Bodom
Metallica
Dimmu Borgir
Hypocrisy
Naglfar
Demilich
Zyklon

yeah, i understand your point, but must have some band that you don't listen nowadays

Well, when I was a little kid I liked a lot of stuff on the pop station like the Bee Gees and maybe Sugarhill Gang. I loved the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. But I also liked rock radio. I don't hate any of that stuff now.

Yeah, there are bands that I maybe used to listen to a lot that I now don't listen to a lot, but I can't think of any *release* that I used to love, and now hate. Yeah, I used to love Metallica in the 80's, and now I think they are dumb. But my opinion of their good albums hasn't changed.

I used to love The Scorpions. They were my first favorite band. I still like them.

I used to like some Van Halen songs on the radio in the early 80's, but I never loved the band, and never had any albums. I kinda hate them, but I never loved them.

I liked the first two Motley Crue albums, and hated everything after that. I still feel the same way.

I started with Scorpions - Iron Maiden - Metallica - Mercyful Fate - Kreator - Destruction - Possessed - etc. I still like it all.

Killswitch Engag are as good as ever, but Lamb of God have become pretentious pricks. I saw them on Gigantour 2006, and believe me, they are ready to retire to Las Vegas. With their singer's self agrandizing rap between songs, they are ready to open for Celine Dion.:ill:

Well, when I was a little kid I liked a lot of stuff on the pop station like the Bee Gees and maybe Sugarhill Gang. I loved the Saturday Night Fever soundtrack. But I also liked rock radio. I don't hate any of that stuff now.

Yeah, there are bands that I maybe used to listen to a lot that I now don't listen to a lot, but I can't think of any *release* that I used to love, and now hate. Yeah, I used to love Metallica in the 80's, and now I think they are dumb. But my opinion of their good albums hasn't changed.

I used to love The Scorpions. They were my first favorite band. I still like them.

I used to like some Van Halen songs on the radio in the early 80's, but I never loved the band, and never had any albums. I kinda hate them, but I never loved them.

I liked the first two Motley Crue albums, and hated everything after that. I still feel the same way.

I started with Scorpions - Iron Maiden - Metallica - Mercyful Fate - Kreator - Destruction - Possessed - etc. I still like it all.

dude, congratulations!!!

but are you still liking megadeth, sepultura, venom and others great bands from the past that today are big shits? or have you never heard/liked then?

I still don't hear it. My metal tastes were harvested on power metal and thus I have quite a backing in it, but Wintersun does not display any traits that would put it into a category of "power metal". Viking/folk, yes, but not power.

The melodies and riffs bleed power metal. Awful band either way though.

Anyways, I loved Dream Theater and Death like fucking crazy.

dude, congratulations!!!

but are you still liking megadeth, sepultura, venom and others great bands from the past that today are big shits? or have you never heard/liked then?

Heard a little Venom back in the day. Didn't really like it. Haven't heard much since then. I love the first few Megadeth albums, especially Peace Sells. I am less familiar with stuff after Rust in Peace. Never really got into Sepultura. Like old Slayer. Haven't heard much past Reign in Blood. Like the first Flotsam and Jetsam, first Death Angel (and the latest one). I liked one Pantera song I heard on the radio around 1987 maybe. Hate their "modern" stuff.

Heard a little Venom back in the day. Didn't really like it. Haven't heard much since then. I love the first few Megadeth albums, especially Peace Sells. I am less familiar with stuff after Rust in Peace. Never really got into Sepultura. Like old Slayer. Haven't heard much past Reign in Blood. Like the first Flotsam and Jetsam, first Death Angel (and the latest one). I liked one Pantera song I heard on the radio around 1987 maybe. Hate their "modern" stuff.

it explains why you don't hate many bands... cuz you aren't familiarized with all stuffs from then

if you compair Peace Sells with Risk, i'm sure that you'd say: god, i really hate megadeth.:lol:

My Dying Bride: I can't stand the self-pity moaning any more

I agree. I only listen to their death/doom stuff now when they had some balls. My Dying Bride has always made crushing dark music and when the singer just does all cleans and whines it does not fit with the music. Aaron does not have much range so when he's not going back between growling and than cleans you can only take so much. I have no problem with female singers who seem dissressed on the other hand. My Dying Bride would be one of the most solid bands if they had a strong clean vocalist.

its fucking doom/death, what do you expect?

Pitiful moaning:
Loathsome I've become.
Acreature so undome.
Wretched and broken.
Cannot find my faith.
Any God will do.
Nothing said is new
Nothing said is true.
Fly away my hope.

Doom/Death:
Stream brought words
and Stream brought meanings