Who has gone or is going to the Rockstar Metal Mayhem tour?

If someone has been there already, i'm really curious about the Slipknot guitar tone live... How is it ?

On the live videos i've seen so far it sounded great but i'm really curious about how it sounded from the crowd.

I went to the denver date. 36 Crazyfists did pretty well. Five Finger Death Punch fucking KILLED it. Suicide Silence was sick. Walls of jericho were pretty good. Mastadon is....well, mastadon. Dragonforce was pretty good, no one cared though, and while they were playing...20k people started a bottle war haha :kickass: Disturbed sounded exactly like their cd. I think they are boring as fuck. Slipknot was good, BUT, you can most def tell they are trying really, really hard to hold it together. Slightly sloppy, and the sound was rediculously amazing. Jim Root needs to work on his solo though....maybe they have all tightened up by now, its been a couple weeks since then. You will have to let us now how everyone is! :kickass::kickass:

Jim Root needs to work on his solo though....maybe they have all tightened up by now, its been a couple weeks since then.

Thanks for the feedback first.

Then that's fun you're mentioning Jim Root being a bit sloppy on his solos since Mick was kinda the "black sheep" on al the Mayhem Festival videos i've watched so far. He was always screwing his shredding stuff a bit (not timing issues but playing the wrong frets sometimes or something :) ), while Jim Root solos sounded more flawless, even if they are less "fast/shreddish" and slower than Mick's and Jim is not doing exactly the same thing than on the record (i feel he's improvising a bit on some parts).

i feel he's improvising a bit on some parts.

that is INDEED what is happening. Unfortunatlly noone in slipknot sounds flawless right now. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the knot, but something about it feels....forced? Im not sure what I'm trying to say, other than it is most deff not the same band it WAS. Cory blew out his throat during the IOWA tour and has never been the same since. He has been getting steroid injections into his vocal chords (thats what "they" say atleast) for a while now to help heal his voice. His scream now is pretty different than the old days. Its a much lower register. Alot of low growls and such, but go check em out for sure! And be sure to jump back on here and let us know how it was. And don't forget to check out my buddy Ivan's band (Five Finger Death Punch) He is from here in denver, and In my opinion, there cd does not do them justice. You MUST see their live show. Its fucking POWERFUL. Anywho, have fun!! :headbang::headbang:

And your gonna need more than $20. That won't even get you a shirt! I suggest bringing something in a flask or something. Hide that shit though, they search your bags when you come in. Get one of those nifty pocket/belt buckle ones. :kickass:

oh yeah, most shirts are $35 or more :zombie:

that is INDEED what is happening. Unfortunatlly noone in slipknot sounds flawless right now. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love the knot, but something about it feels....forced? Im not sure what I'm trying to say, other than it is most deff not the same band it WAS. Cory blew out his throat during the IOWA tour and has never been the same since. He has been getting steroid injections into his vocal chords (thats what "they" say atleast) for a while now to help heal his voice. His scream now is pretty different than the old days. Its a much lower register. Alot of low growls and such, but go check em out for sure! And be sure to jump back on here and let us know how it was. And don't forget to check out my buddy Ivan's band (Five Finger Death Punch) He is from here in denver, and In my opinion, there cd does not do them justice.

May sound weird to you but i'd kill to be in Denver right now... not for the slipknot show but for my girlfriend who's living there :) Can somebody give me a free plane ticket please ? :)

I'm surprised about the "steroid injection in Corey's throat"... sounds like sci-fi or a joke to me. I noticed his voice sucked for "growl/screams" during the vol. 3 but since the new album i feel his voice is great again and quite close to the Iowa era.

I thought about going, but forgot about the date and waited until too long to secure VIPs... and it was about 100 degrees here in TX that day... SO:

standing around in the heat dealing with a shit ton of little Dragonforce fans just to get robbed on beer prices, fight for a parking spot.... and ALL I wanted to see was Machine Head....... fuck that.

Going OT slightly here, but has anyone also noticed how Corey seems to be unable to deliver a growl, without going into clean vocals again, he slips in and out all the time live. I love his voice, but it just pains me to listen to him when he seems to move from clean to growling so rapidly. Not sure if anyone will understand what I mean, but it just doesn't sound great.

I thought about going, but forgot about the date and waited until too long to secure VIPs... and it was about 100 degrees here in TX that day... SO:

standing around in the heat dealing with a shit ton of little Dragonforce fans just to get robbed on beer prices, fight for a parking spot.... and ALL I wanted to see was Machine Head....... fuck that.

Exactly! I haven't seen Machine Head in 3 or 4 fucking years. Maybe they'll come around again this year.

Going OT slightly here, but has anyone also noticed how Corey seems to be unable to deliver a growl, without going into clean vocals again, he slips in and out all the time live. I love his voice, but it just pains me to listen to him when he seems to move from clean to growling so rapidly. Not sure if anyone will understand what I mean, but it just doesn't sound great.

Didn't notice anything shocking till' now... I'll pay attention to your forementioned stuff when i'll check other recent live videos/songs.

I went to the denver date. 36 Crazyfists did pretty well. Five Finger Death Punch fucking KILLED it. Suicide Silence was sick. Walls of jericho were pretty good. Mastadon is....well, mastadon. Dragonforce was pretty good, no one cared though, and while they were playing...20k people started a bottle war haha :kickass: Disturbed sounded exactly like their cd. I think they are boring as fuck. Slipknot was good, BUT, you can most def tell they are trying really, really hard to hold it together. Slightly sloppy, and the sound was rediculously amazing. Jim Root needs to work on his solo though....maybe they have all tightened up by now, its been a couple weeks since then. You will have to let us now how everyone is! :kickass::kickass:

Slipknot was by far the best live show I have ever seen. Sure, I couldn't hear shit when it came to the guitars, I don't even think they were running through the FOH but whatever, it was truly great.

The Mastodon mix sucked, couldn't hear shit. Dragonforce was pretty wicked. Suicide Silence (got to hang out alllll day with these guys on their bus and shit) fuckin were intense.

Over all, what a fucking wicked time. :worship:notworthy:worship:rock::headbang::kickass: