Who have you met from you fave bands?

I have met the following rockstars and celebs:

GENE SIMMONS! - Absolutely one of the thrills of my life. Met him at the signing for his book SEX MONEY KISS. He did not rush anybody along...took pics (forgot my camera, though!) and signed anything. He signed my book and I told him "thanks" and he said "No thank YOU because without you I wouldn't be here". So as greedy as he is I thought that was really classy. My absolute favorite celeb moment!

RATT - all were cool except Pearcy but Warren Demartini gave me and a buddy some guitar picks

Kid Rock and Monster Magnet - they played a club in KY right before Kid Rock hit the bigtime. he opened for MM. Signed my Devil W/O a cause disc. nice guy

Quiet Riot - played at same above club...so did RATT. All very nice, even Dubrow, but the show was FREE since they couldn't sell tix

Whitesnake - met Coverdale and Vandenburg but was heartbroken because I only wanted to meet Steve Vai...which never happened.

Hank Williams JR - Bocephus!

Cinderella - at same above club in Lex. All were nice except Tom Keifer, who was a pissy bitch.

John Mellencamp - strange! I actually saw him at a mall in Columbus, IN. Waiting outside ToysRUs for his kid. I just said hello and kept moving...

Jason Newsted - Get this...he and Hetfield were coming out of the STEAK N SHAKE which was within walking distance of the venue...about 2hrs before the show...the BLACK tour...James huffed on past us but Jason stopped and said hello. A classy guy.

JAY LENO - awesome. A classy, down to earth guy.
Leslie Neilson (frank drebbon from Naked Gun!) very awesome. got a pic with him
Johnny Benson - Nascar driver
Mark Martin - Nascar

That's about it...now the one's I would LOOOOOOOVE to meet in the future:
Vince, Nikki, Mick or Tommy in that order
EDWARD FUCKING VAN MOTHERFUCKING HALEN - I would shit myself
DAVID LEE ROTH
OZZY
ACE FREHLEY (thought I doubt he'd know where he was)
TED NUGENT
LEMMY
and probably JIMI HENDRIX or STEVIE RAY VAUGHN if I could meet a deceased celeb

Brother Cane (all of them, both lineups)
Dio - latest era whole band
Yngwie
Doro Pesch
L.A. guns bass tech (he's a big Steelers fan)
Vanden Plas - All of them
Evergrey - most of them
Pagan's Mind - all of them
Angel Dust - All of them
D.C. Cooper
The great Jon Oliva
Phil and Vinnie Paul of Pantera
Rage (except Smolski)
Jeff Carlissi (38 Special)
Ray Alder (Fates Warning)
Nick Van Dyk (Redemption)
Nuclear Assault's bassist (and didn't know who he was)

Tad Morose in two weeks ^___^

Bryant

As far as metal bands are concerned, I haven´t met anyone in person yet. However, I managed to get into snail mail contact with one of my two favourite metal vocalists - Dawn Crosby (R.I.P.) - way back in 1992. Unfortunately, Dawn stopped writing back in summer 1993 (maybe also because of her serious alcohol problem, which I didn´t know of then), while I still wrote her every once in a while until I read she had died in December 1996. I really wish I could have met her in person - but that´s impossible now.:erk:

I also got into snail mail (now mostly e-mail) contact to the other one of my two favourite metal vocalists, Monika Edvardsen (Ex-Atrox) :) - because of a long comment I had written on Dawn Crosby some years ago.

As far as non-metal musicians are concerned, I had the pleasure to meet and talk to my favourite vocalist from Norway, Kari Bremnes, after some of her concerts here in Germany. Last year, when I went to a very special concert in Oslo, I met two of the vocalists performing there - two sisters from Iran - the evening before the concert and had a long conversation with them.:)
And in 1995/1996 I also had snail mail contact to Kari Rueslåtten, after she had left The Third And The Mortal and recorded her solo demo-CD.

zeppelin said:
I've met Sepultura in a restaurant in Johannesburg the night before they played, they were cool, they signed our tickets, didn't have a camara though :erk:

I didn't have a camera when I met most of the bands... it's the memories that count. :)

Iron Maiden (all of them except for Adrian :( )
Lemmy
Jon Bon Jovi (drooly baby! hahahaha!)
Paul Stanley
Gene Simons
Evergrey
Guitarrist from Death Angel
Roy Z
Steve from Steel Prophet
Bruce from Agent Steel
members from Iced Earth
Symphorce guys (not in person, email and msn)

There's more, can't think at this moment. People I would like to meet:
Alice Cooper :worship: and Glenn Danzig

Does it count as a meeting if you don't really speak to them? If it does I met Panic Cell yesterday at their sighning session and Fourwaykill the day before didn't really know what to say to either band (I'm pretty shy at the best of times) I nearlly didn't go to the signing because I was worried about making an idiot of myself which I managed by kicking one of the band in the leg (I'm not even sure who 'cause I was so busy falling over my own feet SORRY!)

As for bands I would like to meet
Poison although there is nearly as much chance of me making it to America as there is of them coming over here

I took photos with Liv Kristy (Theater of Tragedy&Leaves Eyes), Atrocity's vocalist (how wonderful hair he has), all Amon Amarth, Destruction and Orphaned Land members, (Eden is so handsome, Orphaned Land), Also we had a very good chat with Steve of Blaze's guitarist and Blaze Bailey himself, even they invited me to their dressing room, And the most important one, Ville! Sentenced's Ville, so handsome, so nice, it was just like a dream for me to talk to him, and have a photograph with him!

Then I came back to my home town, gave the photographs to the photoshop. I was excited when I was going to take them. What d'you think the salesman said? Since there was a problem with my camera... there were no photos.... Except one with Blaze Bailey of ex-Iron Maiden...

Also I met with Dark Tranquillity members in their concert at my country.. And Mikael from Opeth, Tom Angelripper, Dark Age members, Rhapsody Members, King Diamond. I got their signatures and spoke a bit. Also Sakis from Rotting Christ.. Thats all....

I don't count in those I've just taken picture with, so that leaves me with

Jag Panzer
DoomSword

The guys from both bands are great, I was especially glad to find out that Mark Briody of JP is an avid metal LP and CD collector and into many relatively newer bands, unlike many of the 80s generation bands who tend to move away from metal in their "free time"... :worship:

Pabla said:
Symphorce guys (not in person, email and msn)
Oh if is for that:

Clammy from Exciter :D

Steve Kachisnky from Steel Prophet

Arjen Lucassen from Ayreon (Star One, Ambeon)

Abryl said:
You suck!! :yell: :headbang:
I had two photos with that handsome creatures... One of them was when I was at the dressing room... I was standing besides me, so tall, so fucking awesome. Then at the end of the festival, I saw him drinking on the grasses... He was too too too much drunk. I said can we have a photo together.. Then he stood up dizzily, and we were again standing, and he put his head on mine, his hair was on my face. I was thinking that this second photo will seem funny as my face was covered with his hair.. But no... Unfortunately all the photos were gone because of the mad camera I have..!

None :(
Although, In Dublin before the Iron Maiden gig, we were walking up the road to a pub, and we walked past Bruce Dickinson. He looked a bit in a hurry so we didn't bother him, but he nodded anyway and said something, but I didn't make it out. (Obviously knowing we where going to the gig)
I'd love to meet though:
Dave Mustaine
Jason Newsted
James Hetfield
Corey Taylor from Slipknot
King Diamond
In Flames

let's see the 2 greatest moments were meeting Klaus, Rudy, Matthias and James from the Scorpions, and Bruce, Nicko, Jannick and Dave from Iron Maiden (Adrian not to be found) also I've met Tony Iomma, Geezer Butler and Ian Gillan on Black Sabbath tour, Steve Perry and Neil Schon of Journey, all the Evergrey guys, Tesla, Lemmy, Testament, Death Angel and others over the 20+ years of being a metal head! \m/

I've never met any "big" metal people, mainly just the guys on the local scene around here. Like...

Brian and Ronnie from Kix (the 2 guitar players) and all of the guys in Wrathchild America. Would see those guys around in the bars from time to time and talk to them.

I'm friends with King Fowley from Deceased and Oct 31. Funny guy!

Also talk to Tony and Scott from Twisted Tower Dire now and again. They stop by my eBay friends house once in a while to bullshit and look through cd's and lp's. Very cool guys.

Greeno said:
I've never met any "big" metal people, mainly just the guys on the local scene around here. Like...

...and all of the guys in Wrathchild America. Would see those guys around in the bars from time to time and talk to them.
Do you still meet them every once in a while? If so, you could ask them if they still remember the shows they performed with Dawn Crosby as Fear Of God in Belgium and the Netherlands in April 1992 and if they got the tapes from Dawn which I had sent her in 1993 and which included - among other stuff - a radio recording of 5 Fear Of God-songs they had performed at the Aardschokdagfestival on April 12, 1992.

I have only met a handful of people...
Most recently:
Tim, Jon & Richard from Iced Earth.
Michael Schenker, Pete Holmes(MSG)
Terry LeRoy from Titanium Black, He actaully phoned me & asked
to meet. Kinda weird, he was in Oregon visiting a friend's place.
Me & my 6 year old son, hung out with him back in July...
I hope to add the mighty Clammy & Baldy to the list sometime down the road too!