Who here would like to move to Sweden?

apaintedredlove

Buying Used Souls
Jul 2, 2006
Vermont-usa
I am from the United States... and many might say I'm just being a spoiled ass in saying I can't stand it here, but I have a strong desire to move some place in Europe, and if given the opportunity would probably choose Sweden. Who here, no matter where you are from, would also look towards Sweden as a possible destination in life?

Damn spoiled ass needs a good edjamacation of the ways of the world. You'll be back. They always come back ...

I would move there in a heartbeat....The Swedes have figured out alot we Americans have not....but I like warmth more time out of the year. Im retarded living in Michigan...should be southwest U.S.

Shit though...wife, kid, family...Im never leaving here..even if I HATE the weather here every year.

No point for me, really. I live in Norway, whitch is basically the same thing.

Great country to live in, in all ways but the weather. Too damn cold and long winters. Lovely summers, though. If you move to Sweden, i will suggest moving as far south as possible. When i lived in the very south of Norway for a year, we had only one day of snow. That was actually too little for my taste, but you see what i mean.

i hear its more expensive, but id like to move to europe, i like the wilderness here, and norway has some of the best forests ive seen. i think i have social anxiety.......because i love isolating myself (go figure)

but canada is pretty cool, except of course having to be next to the US

I was discussing this with a friend one hour ago.
I would like to go there for living. There seem to be great forests out there, which I love. But being an Arab Muslim, makes it quite hard for me to be accepted in a society where people reject religious folks (That's what I could see from Swedes tbh, I keep my religious beliefs for myself, I only start exposing them when I hear someone misrepresenting or who's mistaken in my belief system).

But being an Arab Muslim, makes it quite hard for me to be accepted in a society where people reject religious folks
I don't see it like that. Theres less religious people in Scandinavia (that includes Sweden) than in most other countries, and the ones that do consider themselves religious are usually quite liberal still. But i don't really see a lot of people rejecting religious people. Maybe you are too sensitive about it or have just met the wrong people. I'm an atheist and find religion silly, but i don't mind others beeing religious.

i hear its more expensive, but id like to move to europe, i like the wilderness here, and norway has some of the best forests ive seen.
Its more expensive if you go there on holliday. Though if you move there and get a job its not, since you'd earn more money.

On a serious note, I think you'll find things are not quite as romantic as you're possibly making them out to be in your head. There's pros, and cons to everything in this world. No matter where you go you're going to find a fair share of shitty people, and lousy customs. In fact there's quite a few places in Europe specifically where foreigners (especially American's) aren't exactly welcome with open arms. That being said, it can't hurt to travel, and become more worldly. I think in the end you'll have a better appreciation for where you come from. Sure there's quite a bit we get wrong, but the pros far outweigh the cons in the end. There's a reason why so many people immigrate to the Land of Opportunity.

I don't see it like that. Theres less religious people in Scandinavia (that includes Sweden) than in most other countries, and the ones that do consider themselves religious are usually quite liberal still. But i don't really see a lot of people rejecting religious people. Maybe you are too sensitive about it or have just met the wrong people. I'm an atheist and find religion silly, but i don't mind others beeing religious.

Nope, I don't think I am. But as I said, the only thing that makes me interfere or bring religion into a conversation is when I hear people talking wrong things about my own religion, I never start "preaching" cause I hate it. But, I always adore conversations with intellectual open minded atheists.

@ Blue, I always thought two ^'s (^^) meant two posts above my post, but people always get confused so...am I wrong?

Yeah, I thought you might of meant that ...

Just as on any metal forum, every few months you get someone who thinks if they move to Scandinavia they'll tame a dragon they can ride to Valhalla where they will then be met with 1,000 drunken wenches all ready, and willing to slay their dragon (pun intended.) But as you may already know shit doesn't quite work like that.

Yeah, I thought you might of meant that ...

Just as on any metal forum, every few months you get someone who thinks if they move to Scandinavia they'll tame a dragon they can ride to Valhalla where they will then be met with 1,000 drunken wenches all ready, and willing to slay their dragon (pun intended.) But as you may already know shit doesn't quite work like that.

Bullshit. I've been to Stockholm and slayed multiple dragons. :lol:

Hey, what ever you do in your spare time is none of my business. Let's just hope you remembered to wear your protective armor. ;)