Who here would like to move to Sweden?

I was discussing this with a friend one hour ago.
I would like to go there for living. There seem to be great forests out there, which I love. But being an Arab Muslim, makes it quite hard for me to be accepted in a society where people reject religious folks (That's what I could see from Swedes tbh, I keep my religious beliefs for myself, I only start exposing them when I hear someone misrepresenting or who's mistaken in my belief system).

Remember only one thing, Varg is free now..

But being an Arab Muslim, makes it quite hard for me to be accepted in a society where people reject religious folks (That's what I could see from Swedes tbh, I keep my religious beliefs for myself, I only start exposing them when I hear someone misrepresenting or who's mistaken in my belief system)..

What do you think we Sweedes do? Hunt muslims? The only thing most of us hate is when muslims (or other religious groups) tries to make special laws or start bitching about being persecuted when we criticize their religious views. Sweden is probably not a good country to live in for you if you cant stand freedom of speech.

What do you think we Sweedes do? Hunt muslims? The only thing most of us hate is when muslims (or other religious groups) tries to make special laws or start bitching about being persecuted when we criticize their religious views.

Nope, I never said (directly or indirectly) that Swedes "hunt" Muslims.
I know how much shits "Muslims" had done in Europe (things like not conforming to the local laws and culture and so on, which I am 100% against) and as a result, the vast majority of Europeans/Americans have a bad idea about Muslims/Islams which is a natural reaction I think.
But the point I was trying to make is that other's prejudices about the one of the communities I belong to might harder the process of blending in, but hey, I have never been there so it's just an assumption. One thing I stick to is that when you are at mine, you either conform or fuck off and same applies to me when I'm at yours. ;)

Sweden is probably not a good country to live in for you if you cant stand freedom of speech.

If I was against freedom of speech, I would say that I want to go to Sweden mister. But I'm not sure if freedom of speech means that you can insult others freely, according to you. :saint:

The grass is ALWAYS greener on the other side. I've been to Stockholm, and spent about two weeks in Harnosand, Sweden. It's funny, I always said I'd move there, but most Swedes I talked to said they would move to America in a heartbeat. Most expressed that Sweden is small, boring, and a dead-end. I, of course, thought it was quaint and charming--even if expensive as hell (especially in Stockholm)--and said I would move there.

It's all perspective. Americans tend to get down on themselves, but you'd be surprised by how many Europeans actually deep down like a lot of what America has to offer (low taxes, frontier, amazing diversity in nature)

We all mention the forests of Scandanavia, but go to Colorado and see the Evergreen expanse, it's every bit as impressive.

If I was against freedom of speech, I would say that I want to go to Sweden mister. But I'm not sure if freedom of speech means that you can insult others freely, according to you. :saint:

Sorry but I dont understand what you are trying to say in that part. :(

Why would this community you belong to make it harder for you to blend in? And what community is it if you dont mind me asking?

Sorry but I dont understand what you are trying to say in that part. :(
Pardon my English.
I meant, I'm not sure if you consider insulting people's view of the world and making fun of it (like the caricatures of the prophet Muhammed), is a critic and freedom of speech.

Why would this community you belong to make it harder for you to blend in? And what community is it if you dont mind me asking?
It's not the community that I belong to...
While I am a Muslim, I technically belong to an Islamic community (although it's not the only thing that shapes my identity), and while some Muslims did some fucked up things in Europe/USA, that made Europeans/Americans have a bad idea about the majority of Muslims and Islam itself (and Arabs included), so they (Westerns) won't accept any more Muslims in their society.
Is it clear? ;)

Pardon my English.
I meant, I'm not sure if you consider insulting people's view of the world and making fun of it (like the caricatures of the prophet Muhammed), is a critic and freedom of speech.

I would say that everything should be protected by freedom of speech even how hatefull it might be. I think everone from a peace loving tree huging hippie to a full on nazi should be able to voice their opinion without being persecuted for it.

It's not the community that I belong to...
While I am a Muslim, I technically belong to an Islamic community (although it's not the only thing that shapes my identity), and while some Muslims did some fucked up things in Europe/USA, that made Europeans/Americans have a bad idea about the majority of Muslims and Islam itself (and Arabs included), so they (Westerns) won't accept any more Muslims in their society.
Is it clear? ;)

I thought you ment that you were part of a special community within the islamic faith that would make it harder for you to blend in. :p

I would say that everything should be protected by freedom of speech even how hatefull it might be. I think everone from a peace loving tree huging hippie to a full on nazi should be able to voice their opinion without being persecuted for it.
Does this mean I can mock your culture and promote a bad image about it in a very ignorant way? Geeze man, you never get pissed off when someone hurts your propriety? If so, I envy you :D

I thought you ment that you were part of a special community within the islamic faith that would make it harder for you to blend in. :p

NO :rofl:
Some Muslims fucked things up, thy gave bad image to the outsiders who don't want any more Muslims in their lands and me included.
Does my English suck so hard to this point? :lol:

Does this mean I can mock your culture and promote a bad image about it in a very ignorant way? Geeze man, you never get pissed off when someone hurts your propriety? If so, I envy you :D

Yes. Freedom of speech, as distasteful as that may be to some people, gives anyone the right to say what is one their mind. For instance I was talking about the new Blasphemy law, today in University, that was enacted on New Years Day. During the conversation I said that Jesus is a cunt and Muhammad was a twat. It might offend people but it's my right to say what I want about whatever I want. Some people go out of their way to get offended. By limiting someone's freedom of speech you're enforcing a form of "thought crime".

Yes. Freedom of speech, as distasteful as that may be to some people, gives anyone the right to say what is one their mind. For instance I was talking about the new Blasphemy law, today in University, that was enacted on New Years Day. During the conversation I said that Jesus is a cunt and Muhammad was a twat. It might offend people but it's my right to say what I want about whatever I want. Some people go out of their way to get offended. By limiting someone's freedom of speech you're enforcing a form of "thought crime".

:yow: SILENCE !! I'LL KILL YOU !!!!

does it mean there is no respect between people?

:yow: SILENCE !! I'LL KILL YOU !!!!

does it mean there is no respect between people?

It's not a lack of respect. I say things to people close to me and who know me that I wouldn't say to people who don't know me. There's a time and a place for everything but the right to say what you want is there all the time.

It's not a lack of respect. I say things to people close to me and who know me that I wouldn't say to people who don't know me. There's a time and a place for everything but the right to say what you want is there all the time.

unless you´re in Ireland :).
Blasphemylaws are hilarious and scary at the same time..

unless you´re in Ireland :).
Blasphemylaws are hilarious and scary at the same time..

It's unbelievably retarded. Seriously. Apparently it was only brought in to close a loop hole in the constitution and that it's not meant to be enforced. What complete bollocks. Pardon my language by the way.

Where do you come from, hexwind? if you don't mind me asking.
My mother's partner is a muslim, so I'm familiar with them. I've read part of the Coran, it's interesting. I think it's always interesting to learn about other religions, cultures and stuff.

The grass definitely IS always greener on the other side, so true... I've been to Stockholm twice for a weekend, totally loved it. But so will people say when they visit Utrecht (my homecity, it honestly is a beautiful city) for the weekend. I've heard many people say they'd move here.

So, not sure if I'd move to Sweden though I think I'd get around very well there. It would be nice to live in a country a bit less over-populated as the Netherlands. I think living in any Western European country is about as prosperous/comfortable as one can live in the entire world..

:

You can mock my culture how much you want to, Im not so fond of a great deal of it either. It's not relevant if I get pissed off or not, I think you should be allowed to say whatever you want to say even if I dont agree with you.