Who knew COB from the start?

I was playing guitar one day, and Ive found a tab names silent night bodom night. I learned, than I said that I wanna a mc for my b/day so they bought me SW, It was sth about june of 1999. Then I got into bodom stories :D

I got into COB a little after they released Something Wild.

I don't remember when it was exactly.

been listening to COB since 1997 when i first heard Something wild but they are my fav band since Hatebreeder
Silent night bodom night is THE masterpiece

Hmm.. I first heard Children of Bodom on the 1. GameCast ECTFC transmission, Gunslinger occasionally chose the Children as musical interlude. ;)

First song I ever heard was "Silent Night, Bodom Night". And I like them since then.

Sepiroth: My (l)ICQ even has SSL. Nyah-nyah. ;)

-towo

Now that I think, the better question would have been "How did you hear your first Children Of Bodom song"

I first heard them because a friend sent me the MP3 Warheart. I've loved them since.

first heard them because one of my finnish friends send me an mp3 the first week it was out..... the rest is history

Wow... I first heard about COB in sptember 2001 or something like that... (Follow The Reaper was already released for a while)
At this time as was more into nu-metal and things like that.
I remember that I found COB was to heavy, with Alexi always screaming... (*Talking to my own consciousness* How wrong I was... Please forgive me ! )
I wanted to start guitar for about 2 years, so even if Alexi always screams, seeing how talented they are, I got into it, and listen almost only COB since mars 2002... :D (4 albums to catch up...)

Finnish people may know the metal compilation Metalliliitto I (Metal Union), Deadnight Warrior was on it... and I didn't like it :oops: but lately I started to like it...

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that compilation came out in '97, so... I've been a fan since 1997. or 1998... I don't remember actually... :p

I first got into COB in 97-98 not sure which. It was after something wild was released and before hatebreeder was released. my friends told me they were a band with great music but horrible vocals, and since i dont mind this kind of singing, i went out and bought something wild!!

i got into Cob in Dec. of 2001. my friend had shown me Children of Decadence...so i went and d/l Black Widow and Bed of Razors and nearly shit myself...i then bought FTR and have gotten all there cds so far...*yay* :)

Originally posted by Dethroned
Finnish people may know the metal compilation Metalliliitto I (Metal Union), Deadnight Warrior was on it... and I didn't like it :oops: but lately I started to like it...

I'm not sure, but I'd guess that compilation came out in '97, so... I've been a fan since 1997. or 1998... I don't remember actually... :p

Yes, the compilation was released about mid-'97. I bought it too, but didn't really notice Deadnight warrior at first. Then, when I started to listen to it just out of curiosity, I noticed that I liked it very much. Then I noticed there was a gig in a nearby town, with CoB warming up and Nightwish being the headliner. Went to the show and totally fell in the music. Then, afetr a while, bought SW when it was released and so on and so on......