Who Linger - Thoughts

Rycher

Oskee Wow Wow!
Jan 5, 2007
Northern Chicago Burbs
I've been listening to this disc non-stop since Friday, when it showed up in the mail. I'm defintiely impressed! Big riffs, great tempos and extremely spooky song topics and lyrics. Great nods to Bachelor's Grove and Resurrection Mary. I've always been fascinated with local ghost stories.

I grabbed Amid It's Hallowed Mirth to listen to at work today for comparison, since it may have been the last time Paul and Steve collaborated. The song tempos are still a little too slow and doomy for my tastes, but Who Linger is right up my alley.

I know that the band's influences come from classic Chicago death metal, but the album's sound and style really reminds me of recent Amon Amarth, which I also love.

Great job guys!

:headbang:

Thanks! I'm happy you're enjoying the CD! It's certainly different then Amid in a lot of ways, and I think in time, TAT will stand on it own for sure. We are about 90% finished with writing CD number 2, and I can honestly tell you, if you like what you hear on this disc, CD 2 will crush you. The music has improved in every way, and we're gearing up to start the recording plans in the near future.

Giving nothing away, if you like the local themes of this CD, the next CD will be lyrically local themed as well.

As far as I'm concerned, TAT definitely stands on their own. Amid is my least favorite ND album, and I only wanted to see how the Paul/Steve combo sounded back then since I rarely listen to that album.

I can't believe you guys have the next album planned already! Can't wait to hear it!

One of the best '09 releases I heard. Keep going back. Hook after hook. Exactly what I hoped for.