Who the fuck is Lady Gaga?

She's quite brave for walking around in those leotards.

Google Image:

20090226-52797EL_LADY_GAGA_B_GR_01.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvZ-hMcLANM&feature=related[/ame]

Her songs that have been on the radio as far as I know are: Poker Face, Money Honey, Nothing Else I Can Say, The Fame. The Fame was even used on the intro to some top model show from America...but it was probably out dated since I was watching it in Australia and American shows seem to be heavily delayed before they're released on Aussie TV.

How could you forget "Just Dance", the anthem of every shallow drunken party girl in America? And I NEVER listen to the radio, I think I just heard that a few times in like fast food restaurants and stuff, and then tons of facebook photo albums with names like "I love this record baby but I can't see straight anymore" :rolleyes:

I will say that I know the song Poker Face...but only because of our trip to Romania this year...where they have music video stations that *gasp* actually play music videos. :loco: But if it wasn't for that, I would have no idea who she is. The only time I listen to the radio is in the car, and the only stations I listen to play 80's pop or classic rock hits from the 70's and 80's...maybe occasionally switch over to 'the buzz' playing new rock (but rarely), or jazz on Sunday mornings. I rarely go to places where I'm likely to hear modern pop. And on those occasions I do here it (like being subjected to it in a department store, tv commercials, or the like) I still have no idea who is performing the song. I just hear music that annoys the hell out of me, with no mention of the "artist". Hell, I didn't even know who the Spice Girls were until my wife told me several years ago! :lol:

I've got no problem admitting that I think her songs are awesome. Of course I know she's not writing the music itself (or probably the lyrics...) but she's got one heck of a voice and collaborates with the right musicians/writers.

It's not pretentious or emotionally constipated. It's just fun.

And as far as the original issue goes, I really hadn't assumed I'd ever have sex with her so I don't this as being a huge issue. :saint:

How could you forget "Just Dance", the anthem of every shallow drunken party girl in America? And I NEVER listen to the radio, I think I just heard that a few times in like fast food restaurants and stuff, and then tons of facebook photo albums with names like "I love this record baby but I can't see straight anymore" :rolleyes:

Holy Crap, dude. You're right!!! I totally forgot that one and I cant work out HOW I managed that because it was played TO DEATH at least 3 or 4 times during a day of driving and flipping between stations... for WEEKS.

Thanks to this thread (not really but its more fun to pretend this thread's existance caused it) I was mindlessly enjoying Lady Gaga in the morning on the radio while driving to the job site.
And in true spite fashion, the song wasn't even one that got listed. It was Love Game.
I'm actually amazed at how many songs off her first album have made it onto the radio in the past year here in Melbourne...
Poker Face
Just Dance
Nothing Else I Can Say
The Fame
Money Honey
Love Game
I think thats about 1/2 of the entire album which is pretty impressive for ANY artist. I dont know of many musicians that get 6 songs from the same album (that isn't a best of) rotating on radio playlists.

I've got no problem admitting that I think her songs are awesome. Of course I know she's not writing the music itself (or probably the lyrics...) but she's got one heck of a voice and collaborates with the right musicians/writers.

It's not pretentious or emotionally constipated. It's just fun.

And as far as the original issue goes, I really hadn't assumed I'd ever have sex with her so I don't this as being a huge issue. :saint:

She's got a hell of a good engineer more than a good voice. Trust me.

She was on one of these reality star TV shows here in Québec (Star Académie) and when she performed she was so buzzed and shit (red eyes and shit) and boy, was it awful (the singing).

:puke: