Who wants to die?

har har har =) I fucking love lame jokes about my little accident, Erik's dad is the official master of those. pubs=people=sux, I mostly sit at home when I get wasted.

If it's a crowd of people with similar interests to me I like it. Pubs, concerts, libraries, offroading. Crowds in places like malls suck balls, just like the malls themselves.

Great idea, liz! And then I can tell them I walk like a penguin because I buttfucked myself!

If it's a crowd I generally don't like it anyway, but if they're playing Slayer I'm too busy drinking beer and headbanging and singing along and drumming my knees/the table/any chicks who might be trying to hit on me/you/your friends/the guy who is throwing me out to notice. Few people are OK if they're good ones.

That sounds like the local pub to me, I always accomplish my best table-drum practice down there. They don't have Slayer on the jukebox though, but I think they used to have old Metallica.

Corprate bars always have crowds of shitty gay annoying people, but Your Local is usually much more amiable. Depending on which one of my Locals I'll go to, if it's the one night of the week it happens to be crowded I can either sit outside of one, or stay inside the other and try not to make eye contact with anyone.

My Local is the crappiest place EVER. It's not even walking distance, at least not wintertime and it's full of hockey-fags, drunks and raggare, and all of them would kick my ass for having long hair without any hesitation.

Ehhh... sports bars are iffy. Some are okay (like Lake Alice by me) but others are full of Bud Light swillin' overmacho dickheads.

We don't have local pubs in Sweden, which sucks, because the pub culture in England is far more healthy then the "yeah let's go out and dance to gay music and drink 4% vodka/fruit/sugar drinks and see if we can get laid" thing that's far too fucken prevalent here. We do have a number of decent pubs however, but they're FUCKEN EXPENSIVE. Nothin' like sitting down in a calm pub having a pint of Guinness tho. Just doesn't happen often with me in Sweden.

thank God for NYC and the fact that all the pubs are "local"

which reminds me, we never got a write up from Nad on his pub crawls here a few weeks ago. do you even remember half of what you did? :loco:

Heehee, I remember a bit. I'll do a write up tonight, but I will say that NYC has the best bars I've ever seen. The only area I've been in that was similar was in San Diego at Pacific Beach. The bars were much better in NYC though, that first one JayKeeley and I went to was my favorite, I don't even remember the name of it but it was the one with like 300 beers available. AMAZING.

It was called Burps Castle. :)

EDIT: It was the one where they had dwarves running around in the basement fetching beer via walkie talkie message exchange.

The decor in Burp Castle is quite cool too. All handpainted on the walls...

monkmural.gif

Yeah there we go! Shit yeah man, that place was awesome. Complete with Drunk Passed Out Depressed Guy in the corner, did you see him? He was slumped over a table near the bathroom. I thought "take a load off, brother." :Spin:

fotmbm said:
My Local is the crappiest place EVER. It's not even walking distance, at least not wintertime and it's full of hockey-fags, drunks and raggare, and all of them would kick my ass for having long hair without any hesitation.
That sounds incredibley painful :erk: this is exactly why I value My Locals - they're there to escape from that poser crowd! UGH!!!

At the local brewery, they used to have a bell that they would ring and everyone at the pub would boo quite loudly. This happened whenever anyone ordered a non-house beer like Coors or Bud. :D They need to bring that back dammit, I haven't heard the bell ring in years.