Who wants to help me out with something totally non-Borknagar related?

Drummer Dave Kinkade

I'm in the band
Nov 8, 2008
All over
www.myspace.com
Hey everyone-

So I used to play with a band years ago in Chicago called D.O.T.A.C. You can hear it at www.myspace.com/dotac666

They have informed me that they were nominated for some WMA award in Wisconsin, where they live, and that they want to win haha obviously.

The guitarist, Dean who is a great buddy of mine was nearly killed last year when he was hit on his motorcycle by a truck. He broke his neck, skull, both legs, both arms, ribs, jaw and a bunch else. I would have rather just died but he somehow survived. His left arm is paralyzed perminantally and he will never play guitar again.

What Im wondering is if all the fans on here who read this, could take 5 minutes of your time to register and vote for D.O.T.A.C. so he can atleast say that he got something out of it. I wasnt going to go about it until I read that Im up for a nomination also as drummer and some lame band is beating me.

All you have to do is go to this link and register-

http://www.wimetal.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=88

Then go to the forum, click on WMA awards and then there will be a whole bunch of stupid looking categories like "Shredder award" and "Meat gringer award" etc......Vote for D.O.T.A.C. in both the "BURNING CHURCH AWARD" and the "THIRD LEG AWARD".

If you can all help me make my friend Dean's life a bit brighter, it would really rule. I couldnt imagine going through that guys life and having not done myself in already.

Thanks-

Dave:kickass:

Wow, sad story.

I registered at the site and voted like you mentioned. It took me 8 tries to register though - I kept pressing enter when entering the security code. I thought I was entering it wrong. Turns out pressing enter refreshed the page and showed a new code. I just had to press proceed -.-

You can also count on me. I will vote and ask a couple of friends to vote too.
I hope you guys can win that for Dean. He must be a strong guy, I will have a couple of beer toasts for him tonight. :kickass:

Awesome thanks alot.

He hasnt had the best of luck. He tried really hard for like 10 years with the band but nothing really ever became of it. As you can see from the myspace page, Im still listed in the band but they havent played with me since 2004. He's just always been a close friend and even if its something small, at that point, whatever it takes to make someone a bit happy is all thats worth it.

Thanks again everyone...you rule

Hey, I'm on the WMA forum. You guys should at least listen to the bands before you vote for DOTAC. Shroud of Despondency, for example, is fucking killer.

Dave, is that true about Dean? I hadn't heard that... :( My old band played a few shows with DOTAC, and I know Brian, Jim and some of the other people who have been in and out of that band. That sucks ass. I see that they're continuing with him just on vocals now? There appear to be new demo tracks up on their myspace.

Anyway, I seem to remember him playing drums, actually... He had this big ass steel cage that he played in, with a mic attached to it so he could do vocals...

Hey, I'm on the WMA forum. You guys should at least listen to the bands before you vote for DOTAC. Shroud of Despondency, for example, is fucking killer.

Dave, is that true about Dean? I hadn't heard that... :( My old band played a few shows with DOTAC, and I know Brian, Jim and some of the other people who have been in and out of that band. That sucks ass. I see that they're continuing with him just on vocals now? There appear to be new demo tracks up on their myspace.

Anyway, I seem to remember him playing drums, actually... He had this big ass steel cage that he played in, with a mic attached to it so he could do vocals...

Yes.....Why would I post it if it was not true? Dean ended up heading down some road in Kewaunee last year (I believe route 19) on his bike, and he got nailed by a truck. Fucked his day up good. He walks with a cane and a full-time limp now and his left arm is just hanging there. I told him that he should just cut it off.

I listened to Shroud of D... not very good. Not that DOTAC is anybetter but complete copy cat shit is out of date. America doesnt need anymore of it. Personally, I just asked for support so Dean could say that he accomplished something. Brighten his day up and bit. As far as the drummer award goes, everyone else who I listened to on there way weak and need a good 10 more years of practice before they are even though about for an award. haha.... Not being a dick, just stating the fact. WI is a fucked up state. 99.9999% of the people in bands there have zero ambition to do anything other than bitch and create drama. If I were in their position, I'd do nothing but focus on what I could do to create something real and NEW so I could get my ass out of that state and no longer have to deal with un-earned egos...and drama from bands who play for drunks at the same bar every weekend.

Yes.....Why would I post it if it was not true? Dean ended up heading down some road in Kewaunee last year (I believe route 19) on his bike, and he got nailed by a truck. Fucked his day up good. He walks with a cane and a full-time limp now and his left arm is just hanging there. I told him that he should just cut it off.
Not questioning your motives, dude. It fucking sucks. I just hadn't heard, it's pretty shitty.

I listened to Shroud of D... not very good. Not that DOTAC is anybetter but complete copy cat shit is out of date. America doesnt need anymore of it. Personally, I just asked for support so Dean could say that he accomplished something. Brighten his day up and bit. As far as the drummer award goes, everyone else who I listened to on there way weak and need a good 10 more years of practice before they are even though about for an award. haha.... Not being a dick, just stating the fact. WI is a fucked up state. 99.9999% of the people in bands there have zero ambition to do anything other than bitch and create drama. If I were in their position, I'd do nothing but focus on what I could do to create something real and NEW so I could get my ass out of that state and no longer have to deal with un-earned egos...and drama from bands who play for drunks at the same bar every weekend.

Kid from Burial Ritual is pretty solid, and so is the dude who's in Luna Mortis. He's no slouch, man. Unfortunately for most modern metal bands, it's a bitch trying to find a drummer of the kind of supreme quality we want.

That said, I got out of Wisco and the scene, too. But there are some quality bands from around there, I think. The scene everywhere is shitty. You can say the same thing about pretty much every scene: it's filled with drama-inducing shitty bands. For every band you know from a city, there's 15 others that have come and gone and that have sucked. Wisconsin is no different than any other area: but I think it's admirable that people would want to support their local scene, as opposed to just sitting around waiting for big bands to come through and bitching about how the local scene doesn't exist.

The goal with all that shit is to try to draw attention to the local scene. Just because a band ain't signed to Century Media doesn't mean that it's not good.

Don't get me started on WI bands.

Your profile says Uppsala Sweeden. Do you really live there? I have some history there. Quite cool. The symbol of my MonarcH project was something I actually found carved in a tomb outside the cathedral in Uppsala.

Your profile says Uppsala Sweeden. Do you really live there? I have some history there. Quite cool. The symbol of my MonarcH project was something I actually found carved in a tomb outside the cathedral in Uppsala.

Yeah, dude, I got out of Wisconsin. :p This is a great fucking city, isn't it? You got a link to the MonarcH project? Did you get to Gamla Uppsala when you got here? The mounds and the old church?

Where you at in NL? My sister lives there near Den Haag.. I dig that country a lot.