Who wants to mix a cover made by my band please??

mattia.7

Jan 12, 2009
Hi guys..can someone help me to mix this song please?there is tracks in the archive
file..
i ask help..the purpose is to see if you guys can sit well vocals in the mix with the
right process.
i would like to know if i make the wrong vocal mix or if it is the recordings that have
something wrong.
tempo is 168 bpm..please help me,upload your mix of this song please and tell me what
process do you aplly..thank you very much..

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/666147/All Of This cover mattia.7.rar

in this archive file there are wav tracks of drum,guitars,bass ans vocals..help me please..

ehi man,grazie ;) can you explain what do you do?do you use cubase?can you upload the cubase project or even send me with a PM?thank you very much..

Probably he laughed about "grazie".
Anyway, I use protools but I did nothing special. I set the levels, I put a compressor and a reverb on vocals (same settings for clean and scream). Little eq on drums (little boost on highs) and on guitars too. That's all :)

thank you..i sent you a PM because i didn't know if i got wrong..thank you very much..on vocals compressor and reverb in insert or with a send group?de-ess?

Why??is it a problem to ask cubase project?i'm sorry..

"haha" because "settings" (which is what this essentially is) won't help you with your ability to hear things...

I would say just practice mixing... mix the song a bunch of different times with the intent of making it sound different every time and take notes... there are plenty of sessions to practice with as well so you dont have to just work on this one song...

so...

haha.

"haha" because "settings" (which is what this essentially is) won't help you with your ability to hear things...

I would say just practice mixing... mix the song a bunch of different times with the intent of making it sound different every time and take notes... there are plenty of sessions to practice with as well so you dont have to just work on this one song...

so...

haha.

ok,i know..it's right,but settings it's a good point to start..starting with some settings i can improve with practice..i see a lot of thread in this forum which people ask screenshots,settings,presets..but your argument are correct!i know

how do tune guitar? ¯\(°_o)/¯

the clean guitar section is wa-ay out of tune...tune up after every take and tune to the position you are mostly going to play in