Who wants to mix my Indy / Rock / Dance College band!!!

felipe-x, what snare is that? Sounds great!

Here's my final attempt for now. Its 'good', not great but I don't have any more time and I'm away from a computer for the next week and a half so this'll have to be it. Still no toms in this cos I don't have time to put em in... in this sample none were hit.

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/324723/Gentlemen3.mp3

thnks!

the snare is a mix of slate siganture snare " slate snare " , one from stratovarius i made and real snare!

First, really good song IMHO, i really love the variation at 2'40.
I tried to mix but it's the first time for me with a live recording & i was a bit disapointed with the background noise so i'm not really satisfied.
I think there is a problem with the marshall track that sounds a bit "boxy".
The snare sound lacks some deepness too.
But... stop talking:

http://dl.free.fr/vilCBtdao

Myspace: www.myspace.com/studimob

Im about 3/4 of the way through now just working mainly on the vox and guitars. Think I have got the drums breathing lovely now ;)

hey yall again - sorry i didnt check back in the last day or more, there was a big drunken ramble going on in dublin so i forced myself to attend.

hangover from hell...ugh :puke:

anyway - i listened to a lot of the mixes and so far i've picked out my favorite but im not going to say yet because there are still a few of you working on the mix so my lips / fingers are sealed until those finish only to be fair.

anyway i noticed a lot of the mixes of my song were missing some low end thump so i decided to take it into my own hands and try out a mix for myself.

PLEASE NOTE: i am not a sound engineer, i taught myself (well i tried) so more then likely a lot of you will find there are problems with my own mix.

i dont have any monitors so it was all done with a nice pair of 100 buck headphones and apples garage band (i couldn't face logic in my state today)

anyway yea i think mine sounds ok, the vocals are a bit low in the mix but im not finished with them. i want to re-amp them. (it makes sense...trust me)

anyway - i'd love to hear some peoples opinions about my own mix. :Shedevil:

TURN UP YOUR SPEAKERS LOUD SO YOU CAN HEAR IT PROPERLY!!!!!!!!! IF ITS TOO LOUD YOUR TOO OLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/881304/Ross%20Canpolat%20%28mick%20thompson%29%20Mixdown.mp3

Nearly there now... Think its sounding pretty powerfull like!... Really think you gonna like his coz i certainly am... never thought it would work out as good as it is lyk.

Right then...

I havent got an awfull lot of time on my hand this week to finish the song to its full capabilities which it deserves and i dont want to keep all of you waiting on this so i have a proposition... what i recon will be best is that i post everything that i have so far without the vocals and distorted guitar and then decide if you are interested in the quality of the work and if you are then i will finish it 100% but it will be a bout a week before i get the time to spend a proper amount of work on the project. let me know what yall think and i will post it up if that is the case

;)

Totally forgot about this haha
Fuck
getting the files now
pulling an all nighter, ill have something to show later i dare say