Who will be buying the special edition Ghost Reveries? (*5.1 digital sound)

Maggai said:
I can't understand how people does not want this??? And i didn't know so many didn't have surround sound? well anyway,

5.1 mix
making of GR documentary
extended booklet
bonus track(s)

sounds fucking amazing to me!! :headbang:

that information is where? dunno if I'll buy this or not... I don't want the 5.1 mix because I don't have any system for it and don't really care about it... extended booklet isn't anything exciting... bonus tracks? depends on what they are I guess

looks like whether or not I buy it depends on if there's a documentary, how long the documentary is (at least an hour), and how good people say it is I guess

House of Seance said:
that information is where?

Opeth website:

Roadrunner will issue a special edition deluxe version of "Ghost reveries" on the 25 th of July.
space_grasvart.jpg
Bonus material include a 40 minute documentary about the making of the record complete with the bands own private tour footage, a cover of Deep Purple's "Soldier of fortune" recorded for UK's BBC radio, the video for "The grand conjuration", liner notes, photos, enhanced 24 page booklet, deluxe sleeve, and 5.1 surround exclusive mix of the record made by original mixed/engineer Jens Bogren.

scottder said:
Opeth website:

Roadrunner will issue a special edition deluxe version of "Ghost reveries" on the 25 th of July.
space_grasvart.jpg
Bonus material include a 40 minute documentary about the making of the record complete with the bands own private tour footage, a cover of Deep Purple's "Soldier of fortune" recorded for UK's BBC radio, the video for "The grand conjuration", liner notes, photos, enhanced 24 page booklet, deluxe sleeve, and 5.1 surround exclusive mix of the record made by original mixed/engineer Jens Bogren.

ah ok, I see where it is now, I never clicked "read more"

duh to me

40 minute doc then... I'll probably end up buyin it

Shouldn't you guys be thanking Roadrunner for even making a 5.1 mix available? The only reason I can see to get pissed over new material is that you don't have the will power to resist buying it because you're a total fanatic. In that case you should be pissed at your weak backbone, not the releasing of enhanced material.

Gordon Freeman said:
I'll buy it simply for the 'making of' doc. I love watching the album making process, the jamming and such.

Thats the reason Im going to buy it again.

I will try to purchase it. The only music store in my area that actually carried Opeth and would certainly carry this closed down last year. Which means I'll have to resort to purchasing online, which I don't do often. But if it is within my means to purchase this, I most definitely will. If for nothing else than the making of/behind the scenes stuff. Don't have a 5.1 setup, but that extra stuff is worth it alone.

Yes, I am definitely getting this. I really want to watch the doc and of course the 5.1 sound! I had an awesome surround sound DVD player that had 5.1, but it unfortunately crapped out about 4 months ago :erk:. So now the re-release of GR is just a good excuse for me to purchase another one! :)

I'll buy it as well ... great extra's, and oh well, not a lot of bands I buy EVERYTHING from ;)

but people here forget one very important thing: a dolby surround system costs a lot of money! ..... not everyone can afford it, certainly not poor students like myself :p

myra said:
Yes, I am definitely getting this. I really want to watch the doc and of course the 5.1 sound! I had an awesome surround sound DVD player that had 5.1, but it unfortunately crapped out about 4 months ago :erk:. So now the re-release of GR is just a good excuse for me to purchase another one! :)

Mine is doing good.:Smug:

I dont get all the hype about 5.1, I dont really care much for it.

I'm really looking forward to it. Sure it's the same record, but I happen to love GR and a "Special" edition with extra stuff, a different mix and booklet, bonus tracks... sounds fantastic. The low point? TGC Video (although it's a part of the Opeth history and would be fun to watch about once a year and reminisce about taking a shot of Goldschlager w/ Mike and the director)... The high point? The documentary. I find the recording/creative process fascinating.

well turns out my copy of GR is scratched to shit (lol found it lying under my car seat yesterday)....so I guess I'll have to pick the new one up. The Documentary will be cool. I really want to see how this Jens Borgen works.

Crysiss said:
Mine is doing good.:Smug:

I dont get all the hype about 5.1, I dont really care much for it.

Well, there's hype because there happen to be quite a few "audiophiles" out there, such as myself. I love listening to music so much, that quality is a HUGE priority for me. I LOVE awesome production and when something is produced well and topped off with 5.1, count me in all the way. I notice the little details.

Do you know if there will be a vinyl re-release of Ghost Reveries when the 5.1CD version is out? Thanx! :loco:

I haven't even bought the original yet, cos I knew they'd eventually release this anyways. So yes I'll be buying it, but for the documentary. The 5.1 mix of the album doesn't matter to me cos my 6.1 speaker setup doesn't work right.