Who won the Headbanger's Ball?

What? Is that Slipknot I see next to number 1 in Headbangers Ball - Top Videos Of 2004 ?!? :yuk: Well, some people have no taste at all... (personal opinion...)

It's the popular stuff. Who ever heard of some Swedish band called Evergrey? Oooh, they look and sound pretentious. Let's not listen to them and listen to the crappy artists that grab us by our testicles and/or ovaries and make us buy their carbon copy recycled shit excuse for music.

Sorry, but it pisses me off that a band like Slipknot always gets the most recognition for a genre of music that they're not even a part of.

I have nothing against Slipknot
They are really good professionals
But they have to many fans, they could win every award...

I have nothing against Slipknot
They are really good professionals
But they have to many fans, they could win every award...
Slipknot are commercial overdrive barchords 0-riff band with stupid non-emotion rapper. Atleast put metal bands in a metal top 10, not hardrock with rapper.
They seriously aren't professionals when it comes to making music,
but they are professional in getting money though. :Spin:

I've discovered that kids just want loud music, and don't care at all what is played. Just loud shouting and overdrive guitar and they are happy.

Also, the list is broken.
2 bands in there are RAP. Something must have gone wrong with the computer program.

Well it's said that Evergrey didn't won. When I see the list I think that numetal has more fans or something.. I am not really impressed by this list..

@ Illnath: I taught Opeth wasn't nominated, but I am not sure about it

frankfrank said:
Slipknot are commercial overdrive barchords 0-riff band with stupid non-emotion rapper. Atleast put metal bands in a metal top 10, not hardrock with rapper.
They seriously aren't professionals when it comes to making music,
but they are professional in getting money though. :Spin:

I've discovered that kids just want loud music, and don't care at all what is played. Just loud shouting and overdrive guitar and they are happy.

Also, the list is broken.
2 bands in there are RAP. Something must have gone wrong with the computer program.

Well, while they may look ridiculous, and while I am definately not a fan of their music, Slipknot have more to them than that; I understand that on their latest album their guitarists have some impressive chops, with them citing Racer X and Malmsteen as influences in an interview. So, being unfamilar with a lot of their work, I don't have the right to say much else about them, but as someone else who clearly also doesn't know their material I would say that you don't either.

Seems just like a bunch of nu-metal. I mean, Korn? Come on! If people actually get into "Ya'll Want a Single"...grrr... I'm not a fan of Slipknot though the video and music for their song "Vermillion" wasn't bad. But, what about the good stuff? Where are the great videos from Evergrey and Nightwish? Not even on the freakin top 10...I'm not even sure if Nightwish was nominated...

Argh!! I ****ing loathe like every band that was on the list except for Evergrey and In Flames. Screw you, Slipknot.

Do you like the new In Flames? If so then you should also like Korn because they sound a lot alike. New In Flames sucks.