Who's going to what and where

Just saw Green Carnation in Milwaukee - amazing show

Donald Fagen - Chicago - March 18
Steven Wright - Chicago - March 19
David Gilmour - Chicago - April 13
Dragonforce - Chicago - May 6
Amazing Journey with Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Matt Bissonette, and Gary Cherone - Chicago - May 30

Rock Hard Festival - Germany - June 2-4
Roger Waters - Italy - June 5
Sweden Rock Festival - June 8-10

ProgPower USA
Kamelot and Epica - Chicago - Sept 30

Pellaz said:
As of January it was being billed as the Metal Crusaders tour:
Vader, Kataklysm, Nuclear Assault, Speed\Kill/Hate, Graveworm and The Absence.

I don't think Graveworm have ever toured the US before. :headbang:

Actually Paul Nuclear Assault canceled due to some booking problems or something and Destruction took thier place. I so want to see Destruction, but I doubt that they will come close enough for me to go.

Abba said:
Just saw Green Carnation in Milwaukee - amazing show

Donald Fagen - Chicago - March 18
Steven Wright - Chicago - March 19
David Gilmour - Chicago - April 13
Dragonforce - Chicago - May 6
Amazing Journey with Mike Portnoy, Billy Sheehan, Matt Bissonette, and Gary Cherone - Chicago - May 30

Rock Hard Festival - Germany - June 2-4
Roger Waters - Italy - June 5
Sweden Rock Festival - June 8-10

ProgPower USA
Kamelot and Epica - Chicago - Sept 30

I spoke with Kjeitl (sp?) the day after the Milwaukee show in Kansas City and he said that thus far that had been the best one in the US. He was really pleased with the way you guys rocked out.

That's cool to hear. I was extremely surprised at the turnout (or lack thereof) - maybe 50 people tops. However, they really seemed to be enjoying themselves and put on one of the best performances I've seen in some time. All of the band were extremely gracious, laid back, and cool guys. The setlist was killer, even though they couldn't play anything off "Acoustic Verses" as their acoustic guitars got misplaced by the airlines.

The lead singer was sitting next to me at the bar while one of the support bands was playing, so I got a chance to speak with him for a good 20-25 minutes. I didn't realize that he is also in Trail of Tears. What kind of music do they play? Can anybody help me out or recommend one of their albums?

Pat

March 22nd - Helloween (San Jose @Planet Mall)

Not yet confirmed but Tierra Santa and Angra in the next months and maybe I will attend Avalanch too.

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
Actually Paul Nuclear Assault canceled due to some booking problems or something and Destruction took thier place. I so want to see Destruction, but I doubt that they will come close enough for me to go.

You're right....I knew something was 'off' on the bands, which is why I mentioned "as of January." (When I Googled for it, I didn't get anything on the first page more recent than January.)

It matters not, since they probably won't come within 500 miles of here. :Smug:

-Depending on what's going on this weekend, maybe the NIN, Lacuna Coil show in Bicentennial Park on Sat, March 18th. Or the one at the HOB in Orlando on Sun.
-Bela Fleck & The Flecktones March 23 Pompano Beach Ampitheater. Victor Wooten is thee bass god!
-One off Enchant gig in the Bay Area - TBA
-PPUSA VII
-Epica/Kamelot, if they play a gig somewhere in Florida after PP. I'll be missing the Kamelot gig on Sept 15, Fort Lauderdale at the Culture Room (which is really close) due to PP of course! :bah:
-And some other shows that I either forgot about @ about 2am or ones that I don't know about yet, inbetween next week and PPUSA. :p

Anyone have any info on any gigs going on in Florida (preferably South Florida), that I didn't mention?

As far as the Sweden Rock festival...I do have family up there (in Kinnarp/Slutarp). It might be a good time to schedule a visit. Wink, Wink. Nudge, Nudge. ;)

So far I have:

*Loudness, April 4, Starland Ballroom, Sayerville, NJ

*Chicago Powerfest, April 7 & 8 with:
Morgan Lefay
Nocturnal Rites
Eldritch
Biomechanical
Agent Steel
Ion Vein
Grace Point
Whithering Soul
Mirror Black
Twefth Gate

*Sweden Rock June 8-10, Sölvesborg, Sweden
Check out this list (!):
DEF LEPPARD (UK)
WHITESNAKE (UK)
DEEP PURPLE (UK)
ALICE COOPER (US)
VENOM (UK)
TED NUGENT (US)
JOURNEY (US)
W.A.S.P. (US)
QUEENSRYCHE (US)
SYMPHONY X (US)
(not yet confirmed according to an inside source)
EDGUY (D)
ASIA (UK)
GAMMA RAY (D)
JEFF HEALEY BAND
CELTIC FROST (CH)
MOLLY HATCHET (CAN) (US)
NEVERMORE (US)
DORO (D)
GEORGE THOROGOOD & The Destroyers (US)
CACTUS (US)
PORCUPINE TREE
THE SENSATIONAL ALEX HARVEY BAND
METAL CHURCH
CATHEDRAL (UK)
THE SWEET (UK)
OBITUARY (US)
DRAGONFORCE (UK)
EASY ACTION (S)
KROKUS (CH)
ANVIL (CAN)
EVERGREY (S)
ARCH ENEMY (S)
VICTORY (D)
FROM BEHIND
ONSLAUGHT (UK)
VANDEN PLAS (D)
JADED HEART (D)
BONFIRE (D)
BLITZKRIEG (UK)
NASTY IDOLS (S)
THE QUILL (S)
NEIL TURBIN'S DEATHRIDERS (US)
LORD BELIAL (S)
TIGERTAILZ (UK)
FIREWIND (S)
RAISE HELL (S)
HOUSE OF SHAKIRA
THE STORYTELLER (S/UK/US)

*Myötätuuli Rock
(translated "Backwind Rock", go figure)
June 17, (only interested in first day), Vantaa Hakunila, Finland:
Lordi
Viikate
Altaria
Charon
Amorphis
TAROT!!! :kickass:
STRATOVARIUS!!! :headbang:

*ProgPower VII Earth Link Live, Atlanta, GA Sept. 13th-16th
Also the pre-party with and the pre-pre party which is just karaoke (or however you spell it) but hopefully we'll get lucky like last year and get some "pros" up there.

*Kamelot/Epica/Operakica, Sept. 20th, B.B. Kings, NYC

Well, that oughta keep me busy and satisfy my metal addiction, but just in case it doesn't...

Tentative shows I'd like to add:
Joe Satriani, April 18th, Starland Ballroom
Gamma Ray, May 1st, B.B. Kings, NYC (Shit! On a Monday? )
Dragon Force, May 2nd, (ummm, somewhere in NYC, gotta check which club. This is the Tuesday following Gamma Ray.
Not sure I can pull this off. Anyone else wanna try with me? :Smokin: )