Who's in a band?

Apr 2, 2003
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I know a lot of you guys are probably killer players, so some of you have to have bands. Here's a place to brag 'em up - it'd be interesting to hear about the bands of some fellow X'ers.

I'm in 2, sort of. Maybe I'll say a thing or two about them later, but I can't really type too much right now.

I have "projects"...

Byrum - (my personal crusade with a couple of friends)
Dead On Arrival - coverband (Iron Maiden, Manowar, Kotipelto, SyX, Blind Guardian)
Shotgun Suicide (80's thrash project, just started)

Hi there!

I pull the strings in a german Powermetalband called Deadly Sin (don't bother aubout that kind of childish name, the music isn't that bad).
Here you can find some facts about us, if you're interested.

Besides I'm still looking for some guys to start a Death n' Roll thing, Entombed-Style, for I'd like to return to the drums once in a while but that may be in the future for now.

I'm quite anxious to hear about other SyX fans playing metal, so start posting and see you soon,

Konduct Kosh

I'm the drummer in a thrash/death/funk/progressive band called Ursa Major.

I'm desperately seeking a band to sing in. UM's kind of a curse, because I can sing well, but have to play drums, and the reason why we fail is because we have sucky singers...

Well i'm in the beginnign stages of a band i started up. I guess, so far, you could say we're some sort of extreme power metal. That is to say, we seem to be mixing death and power metal with a bit of black metal here and there.
At the moment there's two guitarists (me being one of them) and a bassist. Things are going very slow right now, but ah well we'll get there in the end...hopefully.

I'll hopefully have the opportuinty to start up another band with somebody i did qork experience with a while ago, but lost his details. That will most likely be a more proggy thing than extreme, if it ever happens!

Wow, not bad dude!

The production is fat, must be quite a studio you've been to.
Cool Anathema touch in there and faster than I thought, when I read about MY Dying Bride on your site.

Konduct Kosh

I suppose I might as well post, seeing as I started the thread... such poor forum etiquette. :tickled:

Right now my main thing is a rock band called Page Factory (I'm pretty sure there's already 1 or two bands with that name, though) in which I play guitar. It's weird that I listen to neoclassical, power, and a touch of prog metal, but my band is just plain rock, influenced by Zeppelin, Van Halen, RATM, and just our own thing. It's a lotta fun, though - after all that harmonic minor shred, it's good to kick back and do some rock soloing.

I also have a prog kinda band, we haven't played together for a while since 2 members are off at school. Once we did a show and covered Erotomania and Overture 1928, and next time we get together we're gonna learn the stuff I have written (God bless Guitar Pro!) and some SymX.

Edit: I feel so out of place - everyone's all death metal, and here I am with my classic-rock-style band. Oh well, as long as you can bang yer head. :headbang:

myself and v01c354nd51ng5 on this board are in a band together (im guitar hes the drummer), we have an sx medley and are lookin to put together some dt covers and have some original stuff

Hey all meedleyx10 failed to mention that i, prelude-to-an-end am the keyboarder for the band and that our sx medley is called honor thy fat...

I play lead guitar in a melodic metal band called Ethereal Collapse, you can check out two live mp3's at http://www.soundclick.com/bands/5/deitypamusic.htm although the vocals came out kind of shitty, but give em a listen. We're going to start recording our debut EP this Saturday, it should have like 5 or 6 songs on it I'd say, though it may not be finished for a little while. Oh, and it says Deity on the page because that was our previous name but we recently changed it.

I'm the drummer/backup vocalist in a punkish/rockband called Crush. I've been a lead vocalist, but I got tired of hustling two bands, an education/work/and a relationship at the same time. I have no link to share, sorry.