Who's in a band?

Hey guys, this is my first post in the X forum and just wanted to shout out to y'all. I'm rhythm guitar and vocals in a metal band named Nuclear Wave and I'm working on a conceptual album with an independent drummer and a whole slew of musicians (something along the lines of Arjen Lucassen's "Ayreon" project). No links right now, hopefully soon. Best wishes to y'all with your various bands and projects

I'm in several bands:
- Mockingbird Lane is basically melodic death, with catchy harmony-vocals on most songs, lots of prog stuff(think Dream Theater mixed with Cynic), and big Schenker-esque guitar solos.
- Exsanguis is a symphonic melodic black metal band that has a healthy amount of My Dying Bride style doom, with lots of Emperor, Dissection, and Satyricon influences.
- Wretched Gift Eternity is an instrumental prog/jazz fusion/shred band, with me as the lead guitarist.

I really want to start an old-school style Swedish, like old Entombed, Dismember, Unleashed, and Grave, but I need to find some guys my age into that stuff.

Hi there! The band I sing in is called AurA, which I think is a brilliant name, modestly... :Smug: we try different kinds of metal, but what we seem to be arriving at is some kind of female voice-orchestral-progressive-metal.... sounds stuoid, I know... but hey it's fun!

:hotjump:
keep it up Xers!!!!

:cool: ... we tried out a singer today and he's awesome. he really hadnt heard that much prog metal until today, but i know he had a great voice and was exactly what we're looking for. and our bassist still isnt registered on here :err: were a pretty new band, so were working on our second song right now, but once were done with it we plan to record a short (13 +/- minutes) demo just for local stuff, our first song is sort of a prelude to the one we're working on now. the only bad thing about this, is that the only place to play around here is at local churches on friday nights with a buncha screaming look-alike hardcore punk/emo fans. theres one death metal band who we know and are good friends with, and the only reason that we're playing there is to get our name out. They bring in about 300 or more people per week, so sumone in the crowd is gonna like us, lol. and if not, we'll have a great time anyway. were making a website/demo cd/stickers/tshirts soon, and i'll put a link on here somewhere for you all. 'til then imma leave ya guessin what were like...

yeah i'm in v01c35's band and we were talkin about playin at those churches and i decided that we were gonna set up mics and pretend to not know they were on and make fun of all the emo punks :Smug: . lol we all decided it would be a great idea. but about the shirts and stuff v01c35 made like 6 really awesome logos that we are def. gonna use :Spin: . We used "Sea of Lies" as a try out song for our new singer and he totally pwned x 10. :headbang:

Hi, I'm actually a new fan. I recently picked up the "Divine" album and am really enjoying it. I almost.......ALMOST........feel embarrassed to plug my band on this site, but here goes: www.betrayer.ca

My band name is Betrayer. Our music has influences from Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, pretty much most of the great 80ish metal bands. There are MP3's on our site for everyone to download, as well as live cuts of some of the cover songs we have done. If you like what you hear (or don't), tell us what you think in our message forum. Or e-mail us at: band@betrayer.ca

One final thing I would like to post: We are looking to expand our sound to involve keyboards. We have been writing new stuff and most of it will include the use of keys cause we would like to take our music more in the direction of the Power Metal style. If there's anyone out there who would be interested or knows someone whom you think might be interested, e-mail us at the above address and we can talk. Thanks. \m/

I'm not really in a band, but I have a solo metal project called Aelinos.
You can check out the song "To Valhalla" at
http://www.playersparadise.net/song_detail.php?song_id=1403
This song is in the vein of viking metal.
I haven't uploaded the version with vocals yet, as I haven't had time to mix it. It's guitar-driven, so even instrumental, it still sounds great.
I'd like some input, so let me know what you guys think!

Reactions: Aelinos
Hey guys - I looooove threads like these. It's so important for musicians with progressive minds to communicate. I play bass for a prog-metal band called Assailant. (we have kind of a Fate's Warning feel). We are currently looking for a keyboard player in the southern Ohio area. Anyhow, check us out at www.members.tripod.com/assailant2 . Thanks guys, keep up the musicianship and good musical taste!

My band is an extreme thrash/black metal full of darkness and hate and other subjects about different kinds of death and mutilation etc... we are call ourselves "Filth Parade" and we aint no nu metal shit at all ,we like to attack our instruments while playing them at the same time. We should be recording our first demo at the end of this year if everything falls thru....

I'm in two...

Lychesis: Tech/Prog/Metal with some Goth and New Age elements thrown in.. Currently looking for a singer.

SkunKworkS: My "solo" project.. Cenimatic Instrumental with New Age/World/ Metal/Jazz elements. I write the material and normally call on friends/associates to come in and "special guest" on various instruments.

Currently recording material for both projects for release this fall.

I play keyboards, guitars and vocals in a band hailing from montana, we're working on demo material right now. name of the band is Gotterdammerung.... and it's all about the black/death/viking metal! :headbang:

I'm also in "projects"

Aegrimonia is my black/death metal band, but we aren't so good. (getting better). I played rhythm guitar for a while, but now I'm playing bass. The member with the username "Aegrimonia" is Chris, the drummer for the band. I suppose you could check the link out in my signature, but there aren't samples up yet. We seriously lack work ethic, and we have equipment issues. Plus, I suck at playing and singing at the same time. I really want to simplify our style and make it like an immortal/old dimmu style straight up black metal band, but I don't think the guys are really into that idea. If you want to hear what one of the tunes sounds like (its two guitars and bass so far) then send me an e-mail at Mahavishnumaximus@yahoo.com Horrible production and overly destorted guitars! Delicious!

My project called Winterfall (name pending) is pretty cool. I'd say it's like a mix between old Vintersorg, old Dimmu Borgir, and my own techniques. So far it Is just myself playing the guitars, bass, and doing vocals (while also fiddling with drum machines and drums), but at some point I'd really love to have a full lineup. I'd like to do rhythm guitar and vocals, because guitar is my main instrument.

Nice thread!

Winterfall said:
My project called Winterfall (name pending) is pretty cool. I'd say it's like a mix between old Vintersorg, old Dimmu Borgir, and my own techniques. So far it Is just myself playing the guitars, bass, and doing vocals (while also fiddling with drum machines and drums), but at some point I'd really love to have a full lineup. I'd like to do rhythm guitar and vocals, because guitar is my main instrument.

Nice thread!

Just to tell you, there is a band called WinterFELL out there. Kinda similar names so maybe you might think about changing it...