who's using elastic audio/equivalent on drums?

my experience is the same as everyone else's here - there's no real discussion on that. we all know beat detective works.

the thing that confuses me is that there are some people using elastic audio and making it work.

whenever I use it, i get a phase glitchy mess. as do many others. how are some people NOT getting that? or are they but they're oblivious to it?

Off topic, anyone else has bug on PT10 with Elastic Audio? On 10.3.7 then 10.3.9, the first time I use EA in a session, PT crashes. When I relaunche the sesh, it works fine.

Off topic, anyone else has bug on PT10 with Elastic Audio? On 10.3.7 then 10.3.9, the first time I use EA in a session, PT crashes. When I relaunche the sesh, it works fine.

Isn't it normal that PT10 crashes all the Time??? :rolleyes:

I had problems when I used Beat Detective an Elastic Audio on the same Playlist. That also gave me weird artefacts.

I've got a question to the guys who mainly use Beat Detective to edit the Drums. What do you guys normally do when the Gap between to regions is to big to get properly crossfaded without having the tail from the previous hit twice.
It's pretty common for me that when I play drums and edit them later that there are hits that are more than 15ms seconds away from the Grid. And especially in some fills I am always to fast.
These big Gaps are the only reason I use Elastic Audio cause I normally don't have hits from somewhere else I can copy.
Would be great if someone has some tips how to get better results.

Heavy Greetz

I've got a question to the guys who mainly use Beat Detective to edit the Drums. What do you guys normally do when the Gap between to regions is to big to get properly crossfaded without having the tail from the previous hit twice.
It's pretty common for me that when I play drums and edit them later that there are hits that are more than 15ms seconds away from the Grid. And especially in some fills I am always to fast.
These big Gaps are the only reason I use Elastic Audio cause I normally don't have hits from somewhere else I can copy.
Would be great if someone has some tips how to get better results.

Heavy Greetz

find another take from another playlist, copy and paste a hit with the same decay's from another section of the song, cut a few times within the gap and spread each part out, or if all else fails, stretch what you have to.

find another take from another playlist, copy and paste a hit with the same decay's from another section of the song, cut a few times within the gap and spread each part out, or if all else fails, stretch what you have to.

I will try that next time. By Stretching do you mean the Time Stretch (TCE) from the Smart Tool Selector?

Heavy Greetz

Isn't it normal that PT10 crashes all the Time??? :rolleyes:

I worked on PT10 for quite a longtime without major issue (EA bug occured each time tho) but lately with some new plugins it is a real pain to record and mix :bah: I seriously think about upgrading to v11 and I hope it will solve everything.

I've never had an issue with EA in PT10. I don't use it a ton though. Usually only for matching doubled vocal takes and maybe on a bass di.

I worked on PT10 for quite a longtime without major issue (EA bug occured each time tho) but lately with some new plugins it is a real pain to record and mix :bah: I seriously think about upgrading to v11 and I hope it will solve everything.

I record and mix with Pro Tools 10 which I use on 2 different Systems.

Recording works very well and I have almost no Crashes when I do just recording.

But when it comes to mixing or bringing Sessions from one Setup to another I have Crashes quite a lot.

But regarding to some of the CreativeLive from Eyal Levi Courses it is not that uncommon.

I use PT11 from time to time cause it's also installed on the second Setup I use but I haven't done any mixing with it so I can't tell if it also crashes so often.

Heavy Greetz

It's been years since I've used beat detective. I'm on PTHD, without a single phase issue. Sounds pretty good to me and it's super quick to edit. I use it for guitars as well. Sometime vocals, but that gets sketchy.