Who's Who

Hi!

I discovered this forum last week and loved it.

Name: Jorge Escudero Ruiz
Own Band: Crownless
Musical Tastes: Mostly metal/rock but i also dig classical stuff and blues.
Mixing Experience: I´ve mixed some LP for local bands and my own band. I´ve also mixed music for some shows i´ve been hired to compose.
Goal: As the buddy right up said, gather some money to put up a nice studio and to make my band progress.
Production Gear :
- Microphones: Shure SM58, Rode NT2-A, Shure 87 beta
- Audio Interface: Motu traveller
- Monitors: 2x genelec 8020B, 1 x 5040A sub
- Backline: Not much but a treated room for recording, some instruments and virtual stuff.
- Computer: AMD Phenomenom(tm) II Quadcore 940 processor. 3.00 Ghz. UAD 2 quadcore card.

See you all around!

Name: Alan
Own Band: This Time It's War (Guitar)
Musical Tastes: Metal, progressive, rock, whatever is interesting and catches my ear.
Favorite Band: Opeth/Rush/Porcupine Tree
Favorite Album: Blackwater Park
Favorite Producer: Steven Wilson, Andy Sneap, Jens Bogren, Devin Townsend
Production Experience: Very little.
Goal: Play music for the rest of my life and get as many people as possible to listen to it. Or not.
Production Gear :
- Microphones: SM7
- Audio Interface and Pres: Digidesign Eleven
- Monitors: Some computer speakers and a decent pair of headphones.
- Amps: Framus Cobra, 5150, Framus Dragon cabs loaded with V30s and Greenbacks (x-pattern)
- Computer: Macbook... I'd be lying if I said I knew all the specs.

Cant remember if ive done one of these before

Name: Andrew Marsh
Band: www.myspace.com/abraxishc
Musical tastes: Prog, instrumental, death and black metal, hardcore
Goals: Tour the world through music, be it playing or working, setup own home studio for select clients and personal use
Gear: Mesa triple recto, mesa mark V, ibanez jem brmr, esp ltd viper 1000 deluxe, fernandes native custom, agile intrepid 8, dean rc7x, parker fly deluxe, customshop robin medley, various rack fx, pedals, tuners etc

I've been lurking here for a long time, figured I'd finally start posting :wave:

Name: Chris
Own Band: None at the moment
Musical Tastes: Hard Rock, Heavy Metal, Prog Rock, Funk, Soul, New Jack Swing
Favorite Band: Rush
Favorite Album: Dangerous by Michael Jackson
Favorite Producer: It's a tie between Terry Brown and Jimmy Jam/Terry Lewis
Production Experience: I got started out recording a lot of Hip Hop sessions for local emcees. Got involved with Hip Hop production and eventually learned to play guitar. Scrapped the Hip Hop and started writing Metal/Hard Rock stuff, and I've been writing and recording my own stuff ever since. I attended an audio engineering school and began doing sessions in their studios, working with consoles and tape machines and fell in love with the production process. I now go to college for radio production.
Goal: To work in the radio production field as a career, and produce my own music as a labor of love.
Production Gear :
- Microphones: Just a gool ol' SM57 for now!
- Audio Interface and Pres: Echo AudioFire 4 interface
- Monitors: KRK RP5 monitors and Sennheiser headphones
- Backline: Nothing impressive right now. Peavey ValveKing 212 combo, Peavey Butcher (original) head, Ampeg 4x12 with stock speakers. Running some of the fantastic amp sims from LePou.
- Computer: Gateway FX530, Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 3GB RAM.

I just realized I've never done this.

Name: Olli Salonen

Own Band: Chaotech (Melodic death metal)

Musical Tastes: Various kinds of metal, namely modern, melodic, tech death metal etc. I listen to many other genres as well... I guess you could say I generally like good music :p usually well produced, unless it has a vibe of its own that I like.

Production Experience: Some mixes I've done while studying, and my band's demo which is about to be released. I've worked on that one for the past year, for various reasons. First and foremost, I learned everything I know while doing it and I was too much of a perfectionist to leave it sounding like absolute shit. :lol:

Goal: At this point, I'm not sure of how pro I'm planning to get on into this stuff, but I'm hoping to get to record and mix my own clients at some point.

Band Gear: Yamaha Recording Custom 8" - 10" - 12" - 14" - 20", Ludwig Supraphonic '64, Sabian AAX, Sabian AA, Stagg, and shitty cymbals because buying those drums left me poor.

Name: Jason
Own Band: http://www.myspace.com/divinenightmare
Musical Tastes: Metal mostly but a bit of everything is okay with me.
Favorite Band: Way too many, The Vision Bleak, Cemetary, Katatonia, Tiamat
Favorite Album: Lately, The Wolves Hunt Their Prey or A Thin Shell
Favorite Producer: Mathias Lodmalm, Markus Stock
Production Experience: Recording, mixing my own material and some local bands for the past 10 years. Worked with good friend Mathias Lodmalm (Cemetary)
Goal: Getting my studio finished, still a ways to go but almost there.
Production Gear -
- Microphones: AKG, Rode, CAD, AT
- Audio Interface/Pres/Outboards: Fosusrite
- Monitors: M-Audio
- Backline: ddrum, Peavey, Kustom 4x12 Celestion loaded, Jackson dinky, Jackson Kelly, Dean Black Gold V with EMG 81/85, LTD 5 string bass and an Ibanez RG350 MDX, Digitech, Line 6, M-Audio Radium, Monster cables etc..
- Computer: Quadcore AMD running Cubase 5 with a host of other plug ins and various software.

Hey!

I'm new around here.

Name: Dylan
Revolutions around the sun: 25
Own Band: None at the moment
Musical Tastes: All sorts, I enjoy progressive rock and metal a little more than the others though.
Favorite Album: Lateralus - Tool
Favorite Producers: David Bottrill, Terry Date, Andy Wallace, GGGarth Richardson, Bob Ezrin, Andy Sneap.
Production Experience: Worked with a lot of bands and artists from all over the world, everything from new comers to multi platinum.
Goalsl: To Better myself each day, To work with the best.
Production Gear: (portable rig) Genelec 6010a's, M-audio project mix, Core i7 laptop with Pro Tools M-powered, Cakewalk Sonar and T-racks 3 deluxe, Shure, AKG, mics.

Im lucky to work in various studios in the UAE, I have access to some cool consoles, outboard and mics.

I hope to grow and learn more each day

Name: John
Own Band: ¯\(º o)/¯ freelance jazz gigs
Musical Tastes: Jazz, riffrock and 20th-century classical mostly
Favorite Band: John Coltrane
Favorite Album: A Love Supreme
Favorite AE: Andy Wallace
Production Experience: Self-motivated tinkerings
Goal: Incidental musician/composer
Production Gear :
- Microphones: Sm57, sm58, perception 220 LCD, 2xC02 SCD, Zoom h4, cassette player
- Audio Interface and Pres: Saffire Pro 40
- Monitors: MSP5A's
- Other: Oxygen61 midi keyboard, dbx 166xl
- Computer: Q9400 @ 2.66 ghz, GTX260, 4gb ddr2

Name: Alex
Own Band: Acropolis (Keyboards)
Occupation: Keyboard player. Mostly for my band, but enjoy the occasional live/studio session work. Got to play a wide range of musical styles in my life from classical music to "Israeli idol" pop music, musicals, to metal obviously.
Musical Tastes: All the musical spectrum. Mostly metal though
Production Experience: Mostly laying down/mixing my own stuff. Not too high class. Never actually tracked/mixed a band so far.
Gear:

Keyboards:
- Kurzweil K2600
- Roland Juno-G
- Roland AX-7 (yes, that is a keytar, folks!)
Software:
- Cubase 5
- Reason 5
- Spectrasonics Omnisphere
- EastWest Symphonic Orchestra Gold
- Z3ta+
Microphones:
- SM58
- AKG C2000B
Audio Interface:
- Lexicon I-ONIX u42s

Name : Ronny Sinha
Own Band : Kripa (vocals/guitars)
Musical Tastes : \metal/
Favorite Band : Nevermore, Opeth, Alter Bridge, Periphery
Favorite Producer : Andy Sneap, Fredrik Nordström, Misha 'bulb' Mansoor
Production Experience: not much, just a beginner
Goal : confused!
Production Gear : Line6 pod studio gx, Sony mdr-xd100 headphone :erk:

Name : Jim Houghton
Own Band : Central Disorder (also looking elsewhere youtube.com/camaro4726)
Musical Tastes : Metal, electronica, drum and bass and everything in between
Favorite Band : In Flames, Sylosis, Sybreed
Favorite Album : Soundtrack To Your Escape
Favorite Producer : Joe Tiberi
Production Experience : 1 Album so far
Goal : Survive in the music world
Production Gear : mbox2, pod xt pro, intel i7 rig
Softwares : pro tools, fruity loops, podfarm
Backline: Peavey 6505+, Marshal 1960a, decimator
Guitars: LTD Alexi 600 with emg 81, Razorback 255, rr3 rhoadds with rev headstock and emg81, rg7321

Name : Mischa Newman
Own Band : Daemoniac
Musical Tastes : Industrial, Metal of various forms, other stuff.
Favorite Band : 16Volt, Gojira, Velvet Acid Christ, Mnemic, Combichrist, Skinny Puppy & older KoRn
Favorite Album : SuperCoolNothing V2.0
Favorite Producer : Trent Reznor & Dave Ogilvie
Production Experience : None yet. Working on an EP
Goal : Work somewhere in the Graphic design industry, start my own music studio and produce some nice Industrial records.
Production Gear : A laptop :(
Softwares: FL Studio 9 with way too many soft synths and noise samples for my own good.
Backline: None...
Guitars: None :( Had to sell it all. Hopefully I'll be starting again soon though :)

^
upsidedown-1.gif
¡ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ uı ɐɥɔsıɯ 'ıɥ

Name: Ryan R. Miller
Own Band: The Surfacing / ♥Kankles♥ (seriousness of bands match ages above)
Occupation: Designer (industrial, product, mechanical, & graphic), been looking for work for over two years... thanks subprime lenders, now go die in a radioactive fire!
Musical Tastes: Prog rock/metal, experimental electonica/IDM, industrial, death metal, grindcore, underground hip hop, post-metal, avant garde, blues, fusion, instrumental rock, funk, new wave, world music, ambient
Favorite Band: Anything Devin Townsend related
Favorite Album: Ocean Machine
Favorite Producer: Devin Townsend, Tue Madsen (too close to call)
Production Experience: Just for my own bands at the moment
Goal: To stack lots of box, not like warehouse-type box, but the bedroom variety
Production Gear: HP IQ816 all-in-one PC, working on a godly rackmount comp.
Softwares: Cubase 5.5, FL Studio 9.7, Komplete 7, and a metric asston of other sample libraries, softsynths, and plugins!
Backline: I like it thick and round... oh, you mean in the studio... ummm... D.I. box(?)
Guitars: Steinberger Synapse ST-2FPA baritone guitar, Conklin GTBD-7 bass

Name: Theodor
Own Band: Hamferð(I play guitar) http://www.myspace.com/hamferd
Musical Tastes: Mostly metal, but I can enjoy all sorts of other stuff too.
Favorite Band: Meshuggah
Favorite Album: Meshuggah - Chaosphere
Favorite Producer: Jens Bogren, Andy Sneap, Daniel Bergstrand
Production Experience: I've worked with live production of theatre and stuff like that since I was 13, I have a few years of messing around in the studio to the point where I've just finished my band's debut release, which will be the first commercial production work I'll release.
Goal: Getting better at what I do and have a career in music production and hopefully as a musician too.
Production Gear : I don't have very much myself seeing as I'm a poor student and I can use stuff that belongs to other people most of the time. I'm based around my trusted Macbook Pro.

Warm greetings to UMF. Since I'll be posting a thread soon I figured it be best to introduce myself. ^_^

Name: Luka

Own Band: Self

Occupation: Faculty of philosophy, game designer, producer, composer, film and game critic, scenario writter

Musical Tastes: Orchestral, metal, electronica

Favorite Band: Rammstein

Favorite Album: Mutter

Favorite Producer: No clue.

Production Experience: 10 years, but entirely electronica and orchestra, everything on my personal computer and until now always pro bono for anything that was necessary. People appeal to start earning and multiply the sound, so we'll see about that in the future. ^_^ Also I'm self-taught.

Goal: Master the guitar-bass-drum-metal and industrial production
Production Gear : Software entirely.

Name: hyke ter beek
Location: erskine, scotland but originally from rotterdam holland
Own Band: for your sins/bloodthread
Musical Tastes: metal,
Favorite Band: pantera,lamb of god
Favorite Album:
Favorite Producer: andy sneap
Production Experience: absolutely nothing (starting to learn)
Goal:record bands and my own stuff
Production Gear: i7 930 with 2 1tb harddrives and 6 gb intern, dual 19"screens mbox2, pod x3 pro(just broke down on me) behringer b1 mic. and a shitty dynamic mic. (soon a sm57 hopefully)
Softwares: pro tools 8le soon pro tools 9
Backline: engl e570 pre amp, engl e830/60 poweramp, engl 4x12 v60,s,tc electronic g major for guitar and hartke 3500, hartke 4x10 transporter,hartke 1x15 transporter for bass
Guitars/Drums: 7 string conklin groove tools with duncan black outs, 6 string jackson warrior with dimebucker, mexican fender strat, 6 string washburn bass, 5 string schecter hellraiser bass, 4 string dean, frettless 4 string yamaha, fender semi accoustic, and currently building a jackson kelly. for drums i use superior drummer.

this is my first post, i read a lot on this forum and learned some stuff, i figured out its time to say thanks and post a few things.

Name: Connor
Music: Metal (all types really apart from deathcore), classic rock, blues, jazz, shreddy instrumental stuff, some avant-garde/electronic music occasionally, depending what it is
Favourite band: Oooh, that's a tough one... probably Dream Theater atm
Guitars: Dean Baby ML, Vintage V100, Ibanez RG350EX, Yamaha Pacifica, Jim Harley acoustic, Gibson Flying V Faded
Amp: Blackstar HT Club 40
FX: Hardwire TL-2, Marshall Jackhammer, Digitech Whammy
Software stuff: I don't do any production/mixing, but I have Line 6 GearBox and Audacity...
Production experience: I haven't done any first-hand but I've done recording for music GCSE stuff and hung around in the studio... I kind of know a bit about it from watching other people. I've also recorded the occasional thing on Audacity from GearBox, but only for getting riffs down and stuff. I'm getting some pretty bad latency that I need to sort out :mad:
Favourite guitarists: Christian Muenzner, Dimebag, Gary Moore, Oli Herbert, John Petrucci, Buckethead, Mattias Eklundh, Ron Jarzombek, Mark Knopfler... etc

Like I said, I don't exactly know loads about producing but hopefully I can pick some stuff up here and hang out... see you around I guess! :)