Who's Who

Name: Nate
Own Band: None Currently/Looking
Musical Tastes: Easier for me to list what I dont like. Most Rap, Pop, Black Metal, Polka and maybe a few others. Anything else and I'm either neutral on or I dig it to some degree.
Favorite Band: Iron Maiden
Favorite Album: Seventh Son
Favorite Producer: Who's forum is this again?
Production Experience: None
Goal: Write and Record Music
Production Gear :
- Microphones: An Old SM-57
- Audio Interface and Pres: Edirol UA-25
- Monitors: $80 Pair of 8" 2-way KLH speakers thru Pioneer VSX-D711 Receiver ( aka ghetto )
- Backline: MusicMan Silhouette, VHT PittBull 45 Combo ( 2x12 ) w/T.C. G-Major
- Computer: BYOPC Intel E8500 DualCore 3Ghz w/ 4GB RAM, NVidia 8500GT, Ableton Live and many other *warez*
Again... ghetto.

Name : Callum

Own Band : Achren

Musical Tastes : Metal & some folk

Favorite Band(s) : Immortal, Kreator, WASP, Enslaved, Emperor, Motorhead

Favorite Album(s) : At the Heart of Winter, Violent Revolution, No Sleep til Hammersmith

Favorite Producer(s) : Andy Sneap, Colin Richardson

Production Experience : Demos for various local bands over the last few years, nothing stellar but a couple ok sounding

Goal : tour the world with music, have enough money/space to have a well set up home studio

Production Gear : Yamaha AW4416 w/waves card, various mics- shure, sennheiser, SPL Goldmike, LA Audio compressor, Tannoy Monitors

Software : Cubasis, Sound Forge, Wavelab lite, EZdrummer, drumagog

Room: freezing warehouse space in the east end of glasgow, some homemade acoustic treatment, sounds ok for recording. mix at home.

Hi Folks,
I'm new to the Forum and already found quite a lot of great ideas and stuff.
I'm 'mixing' since one or two months and so I'm really at the greedy beginning with (for your standards) horrible equipment. But as we all know, without knowledge, even Andys Studio would be useless, and so I try to get better and learn, and learn and... um... ah well! Learn!

Because I'm playing in a Medieval Band that Covers Stuff from Amon Amarth, In Extremo and others, I also get to record Instruments like a Hurdy-gurdy.
But also E-Violins, normal Violins and, also, E-Guitars.

For the Drums, I stick to my Pc and Samplers, because they sound way better, than I could record them with my 'equipment' ;-).

Anyhow, thats me:

Name: Xenomorph150 (Nico)
Own Band: Own Project, nameless, and not very successful ;-)
Occupation: At the moment I'm enrolled, serving in the German Army.
But that will change in some time.
Musical Tastes: Metal, Gothic, Medieval
Favorite Band: Ow... Hard to say. Cradle of Filth is great, but there are dozens auf other Bands I love.. and not only like. Yeah, thats Metal - you can hear to serval Bands and no one is going to be picky about it ;-)
Favorite Album: Equilibrium - Turis Fratyr
Favorite Producer: No special person
Production Experience: -
Goal: Learn enough to produce good mixes - and get better at Guitar playing - I don't want to be a new Hendrix, but to be quite ok would be already nice XD
Production Gear :
- Microphones: Sony F-V320
- Monitors: Behringer HPS3000 Headphones and a 5.1 System
- Backline: B.C. Rich Metal Master Silver Blade, JT-800 TeleCopy
- 'Preamp': V-Amp Pro (-> SDPIF Out into SB Digital)
- Computer: AMD 2600Xp, 1 Gb Ram, SB Digital 5.1 Live! with soldered SPDIF Digital Input
- Software: Samplitude SE, Antress Modern Plugins, etc

Nico

Updated : March 2008

I have to have been on here a couple years by now, and I've never posted in this thread. Go figure. I'm fairly bored at the moment, so here it goes:

Name: Eric
Own Band: Secondhand Savior
Musical Tastes: In no particular order- metal, hard rock, post-punk (goth by any other name... :rolleyes: ), some prog rock, industrial, trip-hop, classical, some singer-songwriter stuff and the odd bit of jazz and funk.
Favorite Artists: Opeth, The Sisters Of Mercy, Metallica, Tool, Tom Waits, Gustav Mahler, among others.
Favorite Album: Too many. Recently, Opeth's Ghost Reveries, the new Meshuggah, Soundgarden's Superunknown and TSOM's 2006 remaster of First And Last And Always have been getting a ton of play. Blackwater Park, Master Of Puppets, Floodland, Paranoid, and Mahler's 2nd Symphony are pretty essential to my collection.
Favorite Producer: Nordstrom and Sneap got me into this whole thing. Besides them, Joe Baressi, Randy Staub, Waldemar Sorychta, Kevin Shirley, Rick Rubin, Trent Reznor and Steven Wilson all deserve mention.
Production Experience: Demos, mostly, for other people's bands or my own. And a really awful sounding EP that I'm happy I didn't mix.
Goal: Finish my damn album already. Record other damn albums. Have them sound good. Pretty simple.
Backline: currently, Fender American Standard Strat, LTD EC1000 with Duncan Custom 5/'59, LTD B305 5-string bass, beater Ibanez acoustic, my old Alesis QS6 and a crusty old drum kit. Mesa Boogie Stiletto Deuce, Marshall V30-loaded 4x12, and various effects. Oh, and a Pod XT.
Recording Gear: Apple MacBook Pro 2ghz dual core, Apple G5 tower 2.5ghz dual core, Focusrite Saffire Pro 10, MBox, Logic, PTLE, 3x SM57s, Beta 58, KSM27, Audix OM2, 2x Rode NT5s. I miss my Sennheiser drum mics. Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones, Yamaha amp and Polk Audio hifi speakers. Various softsynths and plugins. I miss my outboard, too.

Name: mike
Own Band: nope ,just my solo project shit=morta platoon
Musical Tastes: metal- of all kinds?
Favorite Band/s:meshuggah,fear factory,nevermore,dream theater,arch enemy.
Favorite Album: obsolete-fear factory
Favorite Producer: ummm andy
Production Experience: None zip nada
Goal: Write and Record Music better than i can now,thats not that flash
Production Gear :cubase sx3 and lots of plugins,ezdrummer[dkfh],line6 ux1.pod xt,gt6,adamp1,jcm800,jcm900,2 4x12 jcm 900 cabs,2x sm57 and a 421,jackson COW7,jackson custom shop dinky6,charvell model6,ibanez rg1527,ibanez jem,esp sv std,Gibson les paul studio and a fender 58 strat[real one]:)

Name: Jason
Own Band: Solo / Ordained
Former Bands: Misery, NME, Dividian, At Fatez End
Musical Tastes: Metal, Progressive Rock, Blues, Jazz, Classical, Electronic
Favorite Band: Nevermore, Testament, Halford, Fight, Ark
Favorite Album: Resurrection (Halford), Testament FOD, Warrel Dane (PTWM)
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Machine, Colin Richardson
Production Experience: Home Demos, My Solo CD, 2 Local Bands
Goal: To be Andy Sneap
Production Gear :
- Microphones: Audix i5, SM-57, SM-58's, Senheiser e609, Sterling Audio
- Interfaces: Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 / Behringer ADA8000
- Monitors: KRK Rokit 5's Gen 1
- Backline: 5150, Krank Rev Jr, Bugera 333XL, 1971 Marshall w/V30s and GT65's, Mesa Recto OS w/V30s
- Computer: Dell C521 AMDx64 Quadcore 2.2ghz, 6GB Ram, Internnal 160gb HD, 5 external USB 500GB Drives.
-Software - Sonar X1 Producer Edition, Slate Drums, Trigger, Podfarm 2 Platinum
- Guitars - Custom 7 string I built w/ Bare Knuckle Miracle Man Pickups, 70s "Memphis" Lawsuit Jap Les Paul (set neck, Duncan Seth Lovers); No Name Jap strat with Dimarzio HS3's, Ibanez 350MDX

Current as of Jan 4th 2011

Name: Dan G
Own Band: My Minds Weapon
Musical Tastes: Metal/Rock/Hardcore/Thrash/Prog etc
Favorite Artists: Textures, Misery Signals, Meshuggah, Metallica, Megadeth, Pantera, Devin Townsend, Testament, Death, Dream Theater, Tool, Carcass, Hopesfall, Necrophagist...
Favorite Album: Of Malice And The Magnum Heart - Misery Signals
Favorite Producer: Devin Townsend for production, Sneap and Richardson for mixing.
Production Experience: Produced/engineered my band's latest album with our drummer (although it was mixed/mastered by Dan Weller and Justin Hill from SikTh)
Goal: I've achieved all my goals, I only have dreams left... (My eternal wish would be to release an album that says: "produced by Devin Townsend, Mixed by Andy Sneap" on the inlay)
Backline: My main backline is a custom Blackmachine guitar into a Diezel VH4 and Mesa Recto cab with V30s (see below): I also own a Gibson Explorer, Jackson DK10XD, Ibanez SZ720, Peavey 6505 head, Marshall 4x12 and Roland Fantom XA keyboard/synth)

index.cfm

Name: Adam
Own Band: Apsis (technical/melodic death metal) and Ashes of the Fallen (generic boring metalcore crap)
Former Bands: Beyond Death, Woods of Ypres
Occupation: Materials Administrator for Flint Infrastructure Services
Musical Tastes: Metal, Film Scores, also a casual Jazz fan, but I don't follow the genre enough to know anything about it other than I like a lot of stuff I hear
Favorite Band: At The Gates, Death, Theory in Practice
Favorite Album: Slayer - "South of Heaven", Death - "Individual Thought Patterns", At The Gates - "Slaughter of the Soul"
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Jason Suecof
Production Experience: Home Demos, planning on doing some more serious stuff this summer now that I have an actual location for my "studio"
Goal: To be able to make a living doing something music related
Production Gear :
- Interface: Mackie Onyx 1200F
- Microphones: Audix i5, Audix D2 x 2, Audix D4, Audix D6, Shure SM57 x 2, Audio-Technica ATM450 x 2, Studio Projects C4 x 2, Audix OM3
- Monitors: M-Audio BX8As
- Backline: Peavey 5150, Mesa Rect-o-Verb head, Engl Blackmore, Mesa Standard 4x12 Slant w/V30s, Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant
- Computer: HP Pavillion dv6327ca Notebook, AMD Turion 64 x2 1.6ghz, 2gb ram
- Software: Reaper + various plugins
- Guitars: Custom Carvin DC127M, Jackson DK2T w/EMGs

ok, here we go.. hello everybody :)

Name: Kati
Own Band: none at the moment
Musical Tastes: good music basically. Diversity is the key!!
Favorite Band: The Cure, Tori Amos, Nine Inch Nails
Favorite Album: hmm,.... From The Choirgirl Hotel, ZZYZX, Kiss Me Kiss Me Kiss Me, King For A Day - Fool For A Lifetime.
Favorite Producer: Sneap, Bergstrand...
Production Experience: nothing yet except from recordings at uni
Goal: FOH

Name : Tommy Gun
Own Band : Immortal Avenger (www.myspace.com/immortalavenger)
Occupation : Guitarist, Novice Producer/Engineer, and Professional Carpenter.
Musical Tastes : Metal, Rock, Blues, Progressive, Jazz, and Classical.
Favorite Band : Depends on the mood I'm in and which genre we're talking about.
Favorite Album : ...again...?
Favorite Producers : Devin Townsend, Terry Date, Rick Rubin, Andy Sneap, Kevin Shirley, Colin Richardson, Fredrick Nordstrom, and James Murphy.
Production Experience : I've Engineered, Assisted, Mixed, Mastered, and even Produced, but ALL on a small level thus far.
Goal : Learn everything I can until the day I die.
Production Gear :
*Home: Apple iMac 2.0 Ghz, Digidesign Pro Tools LE 7.4 with MBox 2 interface, M-Audio BX5a nearfield Monitors, and Sony MDR-7506 Headphones.

*Control Room 1: Digidesign Pro Tools HD 7.4 with PC and Control 24 Console. Tascam VLX and Tannoy Monitors. Sony MDR-7506 Cans.

*Control Room 2: Digidesign Pro Tools LE 7.4 on 003 Rack, Tascam DM-4800 Console. Tascam VLX and Mackie Monitors. Sony MDR-7506 Cans.

*Signal Chains: DBX Compressors and Gates. ART, DBX, PreSonus, and Focusrite Preamps.

*Mics: Neumann TLM-103, Shure KSM32's, KSM109's, SM57's & Beta 58's, Sennheiser MD421's, e906 & e609's, EV RE-20, AKG C1000's, c414's & D112's, MXL 992 & 993's, Audix D2's, D4's & D6 Microphones and many more...

*Drums: 9-Piece Pearl Master Series Drumkit + 6 Different Snare Drums and Several "Top Quality" Cymbals. Ddrum Pro Series Triggers.

*Amps: Marshall JVM-410H & JMP-1, Krank Revolution & Krankenstein, Randall V2 & RM100, Madison Divinity, Mesa Triaxis, Ampeg SVT & Pro 4 Bass Heads, Line 6 Bass POD Pro.

*Cabs: Marshall 1960A & 1960B, Madison D3 V30-Loaded, Krankenstien Texas Heat-Loaded, Ampeg SVT Pro Series & Classic 810 Cabs.

*Misc: Digitech, Morley, MXR, Sans Amp & Boss pedals, 4 BBE Sonic Maximizers + Plugins. Miles of Cables and a bunch more I can't even come close to listing.

**Studio under the Karma Productions name and is owned by Producer/Engineer Cory Smoot (Gwar, Municipal Waste, Skeletonwitch, Birds Of Prey) I just work there :)

My personal Guitar gear:
Amps: Madison "Divinity" Heads & MAG412 Cabs.
Guitars: Gibson '67 Flying V's (2) with Seymour Duncan "JB" Bridge pickups, Planet Waves "Trim-Lock" Tuners, and TonePros Locking Bridges. Also a 1983 Ibanez Destroyer II (Almost all original, minus the Kahler and Lock nut)
Pedals: Boss DD5, EQ, OC2 & Tuner, and Morley "Bad Horsie 2".
...I also use Monster Cables, Ernie Ball "Slinky's", and Dunlop Tortex "Greens".

Name: Benjamin Lechuga
Occupation: Music Student (Composition & Arrangements) / Guitar Teacher
Own Band: DELTA (www.deltachile.com ; www.myspace.com/deltaofficial)
Musical Tastes: Almost Everything... but my favourites are ROCK/METAL.
Favorite Band: Pain of Salvation
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap, Steven Wilson
Experience: Recorded/mixed bands mostly at home studio.
Goal: World Tour with my band
Recording Gear:
- Computer: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz. 2GB RAM
- Software: Cubase SX3
- Audio Interface: Presonus Firebox
- Monitors: Behringer B2031A
- Mics: Rode NT2A and SM57
- Guitar Equipment: Ibanez endorser:
Ibanez RGT3170
Ibanez JPM100P4
Ibanez RG1527
Ibanez AW40

100 Watts All tube guitar Head (Made in Chile) and a 2x12 homemade cab with V30's.
DIY Rebote Delay.

Name: James
Own Band: Cathis Ord (Project)
Musical Tastes: Scandanavian Metal, Classical (Piano especially), 'Cafe' Jazz
Favorite Band: Insomnium, Agalloch, Opeth
Favorite Album: 'Above the Weeping World' - Insomnium
Favorite Producer: Samu Oittinnen, Jens Bogren
Production Experience: Home Recording only, not looking to take it beyond that.
Goal: Get signed :rolleyes:
Production Gear :
- Interface: Presonus Inspire
- Microphones: Shure SM57, Audio Technica AT3035, Shure PG58 (ick)
- Monitors: Yamaha HS80M
- Backline: Engl Fireball, Blackstar OS 4x12.
- Computer: Dell Q6600 Quad Core, XP Pro
- Software: Reaper + various free plugins
- Guitars: Greco Les Paul Custom+ BKP Nailbomb, Schecter Hellraiser, DeArmond Pilot V, Appluase A/E.

Name: Tom
Own Band: Dont have time too busy recording everyone else
Musical Tastes: Modern Metal, Progressive, Classical
Favorite Band: Ludwig Van Beethoven, Devin Townsend, Opeth
Favorite Album: Infinity - Devin Townsnd
Favorite Producer: Devin Townsend, Andy Sneep
Production Experience: Being doing it a long time, now working in audio all time, doing sound for TV and recording bands on the side
Goal: Carry on doing what Im doing and letting it pay the bills
Production Gear: I own plenty of "digital muck"

Name: Ji
Own Band: N/A
Musical Tastes: death, jazz, and some other stuff.
Favorite Band: King Crimson
Favorite Album: everything by Robert Fripp
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap
Production Experience: demos and stuff.
Goal: learn.
Production Gear : Broke. haha.

sorry for the vagueness... I'm just not very good with introductions.

Name: Eduardo a.k.a fILTHY
Own Band: Sight of Emptiness (Vox)
Musical Tastes: Death / Black / Melodic / Some Prog / Doom / METAL!
Favorite Band: Dark Tranquillity / Mors Principium Est / Katatonia / Ulver
Favorite Album: Pitch Black Progress - Scar Symmetry
Favorite Producer: Andy Sneap / Devin Garrett Townsend
Production Experience: Local Band, Sight of Emptiness debut album and Steve Austin (Today is the Day)
Goal: Get signed and Tour the World
Gear : SM58 and TC Helicon VoiceTone Create Vocal Pedal
:headbang:

Name: Anssi
Location: Helsinki, Finland (for now; next week Virrat, Finland)
Own Band: None at the moment
Occupation: Freelance audio engineer, future student at Pirkanmaa AMK for audio engineering and music marketing
Musical Tastes: anythig melodic and groovy, metal and funk
Favorite Bands and Artists : Faith No More, Waltari, Nicole, Major Label, Lenny Kravitz, Devin Townsend, Mike Patton, Soulfly
Favorite Producer: Arto Tuunela, Anssi Kippo
Production Experience: ~900 livegigs as a sound engineer (FOH/monitors), studioengineer on 16 different demos
Goal : To make a career as a sound engineer. I'm not interested in the ego-bullshitting on the
Production Gear: SM57 *5, Röde NT5 *2, Sennheiser e901, Sennheiser e604 *3, Opus 89, Opus 69, Sansamp Bass Driver DI, RME Multiface, Ibanez Artcore AM73, LTD B-50, LTD EC-50, Arbiter Flats, Pearl Export series snare, TC Electronic D-two, TC Electronic M350, dbx 166XL, SM Pro Audio PR8E, Behringer Xenyx 1002, Behringer BRT2000 tuner, Roland Micro Cube, Orange Crush 35B, Electro-Harmonix Big Muff, Magnat Quantum 503

Name: Juho
Own Band: Gloria Morti, Before the Dawn, Riverside Syndicate
Musical Tastes: Metal, rock
Favorite Band: Emperor, Dissection, Mayhem, Meshuggah, Tool, Ministry...
Favorite Album: Tool - Lateralus or Behemoth - Demigod
Favorite Producer: David Bottrill, Steven Wilson, Sneap
Production Experience: from the age of 15: a shitload of demos and 8 full lenghts as a recording engineer, mixing AE and producer
Goal: To keep on learning and to get more work as a producer
Production Gear: Digi 003, Pro Tools Le 7.3, Tube-Tech MEC-1A, TLA 5051, Behringer ADA8000 :), Spirit FX8, SM57x4, SM58, e604x3, Beta 52a, AKG C 451x2, sennheiser SDCx5 Studio Projects C1 and a huge network of really cool friends to rent and borrow equipment from :)