Why are Maiden-fans a band of easy-to-satisfy sheeps?

Tangerine Dreamer

Art Of Vision
Jul 4, 2003
Visit site
if the single is any indication, Maiden are releasing yet another crappy album. They've been doing this for a long long time now... and the albums are just getting worse and worse. But look at the happy Maiden crowd: They are satisfied with the situation. It's not logical.... look at albums like Piece Of Mind and Seventh Son and compare those with BNW. You have to be a vegetable to even suggest that BNW has a chance against any of the classic albums.
It's obvious some of you are not living in this world anymore... go on supporting a band that died some 15 years ago, it's no skin o' my teeth... I just find it stupid.

Aren't most singles geared toward getting radio play so people will hear it and then buy the album? Wicker Man wasn't the best song on BNW and I doubt Wildest Dreams will be the best song on DOD. Maiden is far from dead. As for bands dying, Metallica died after the black album.

Personally i think that BNW is one of maidens best albums.
Some people of course wanna remain negative to anything "new" no matter what.
I also think Wildest Dreams is an ok song, though i prefer their epics to regular rockers.

Thunderw0lf said:
Aren't most singles geared toward getting radio play so people will hear it and then buy the album?

Yes and when people hear this song they will get the impression that the whole album is just as mediocre and ignore the album. You can't blame anyone for thinking that Maiden are a bunch of has beens from listening to the singles. Maiden's single choices are retarded, they lost a great opportunity by not releasing Blood Brothers. Not only that, I agree the band is going downhill, they're simply repeating themselves. Its the kind of people that are impressed by cheap power metal that think Maiden are still an interesting band.

Iced In Flames said:
Wildest Dreams isnt a good song. Its poorly written and straight out of the generic classic rock library.

I totally agree. I have high hopes that the rest of the album will be better so hopefully Wildest Dreams is not an indication of what to expect.

So the band will never release an album as good as POM or SIT again - tough shit. BNW was still a good solid record, and I'm sure DoD will be good as well. Not many bands release classics constantly for 25 fucking years.
It's all OPINION anyway, John SIlver thinks Maiden are retarded cos they didn't use Blood Brothers as a single - I personally think that song is pretty shite and Wicker Man is much better.
If you dont like it, dont buy it - simple as that. At least they aren't selling out or using a frying pan instead of a snare drum.

The Real Moonchild said:
Coming from people that enjoy the ":cheddar: Factor" saying Wildest dreams is a bad song is really laughable.

TXF has 1000 times more originality than BNW.

I have listened to BNW just three times... I just had to stop. It was horrible horrible, forgettable shit. Maiden really is a shell of their former self.

Why is it, whenever people start criticising Maiden that the fanboys have to bring Metallica into it?

It's like calling someone a fag just because you can't think of any better arguments.

(oh, ps - I'm glad Blood Brothers wasn't a single; overwrought melodramatic crud, IMO;))