Why are we alive?

Ah, it just now truly kicked in. Swans is fucking amazing. I need more of this stuff. NOW.

Maybe it was this photo that did it:

maynard2.jpg

(Maynard of Tool with Jarboe) :loco:

EDIT: God damn their shit's expensive! Anyone care to make me a CD-R or two for the time being? :Spin:

NAD said:
EDIT: God damn their shit's expensive! Anyone care to make me a CD-R or two for the time being? :Spin:
Of course. I can burn you Love of Life, Children of God, or World of Skin. You can check out my review for Love of Life too. :) Oh and rent or read Trainspotting at some point (the author, Irvine Welsh, is incredible). The whole thing just works together so well.

P.S. Your CD-Rs showed up the other day. Thanks.

You people really need to start dishing out the money for Swans stuff. It will only appreciate over time.

NAD, you would probably enjoy the absolute filth that is early Swans. I could send you CDRs from each era, but you better start spending the money for this stuff . . . or else.

Yes, I have just the Great Annihilator. I'm going to pick up that Children of God re-release ($17 compared to $50+ for an original), but I'd love a CD-R of Love of Life so I don't have to pay for it... just yet.

JayKeeley, you must let me know what you think of Kayo Dot... in about 6 months when you've been able to absorb around 10% of it like me. :)

Oy, I missed that. Gonna have to go through your archives now, unless you feel like linking me. :)

Seriously, I've listened to that album many many times now and certain parts still take me by complete surprise, as if I've never heard them before.

NAD said:
JayKeeley, you must let me know what you think of Kayo Dot... in about 6 months when you've been able to absorb around 10% of it like me. :)
I put it on, and I was like....no, not yet. Not for a long while. :) Thank the lord for CD-Rs.

Found your write up Demonspell, very nice. :) I plan on writing a review for that one eventually, but I want to wait and see how much more I can absorb first.
JayKeeley said:
I put it on, and I was like....no, not yet. Not for a long while. :) Thank the lord for CD-Rs.
Did you listen to maudlin of the Well yet? That stuff sounds downright simplistic in comparison.

NAD said:
Did you listen to maudlin of the Well yet? That stuff sounds downright simplistic in comparison.
Not yet, but I will do at some point. Just got a stack of shit that needs reviewing as well, you know how it is. Really looking forward to the new (latest) Solefald as well.

JayKeeley said:
Not yet, but I will do at some point. Just got a stack of shit that needs reviewing as well, you know how it is. Really looking forward to the new (latest) Solefald as well.
I have no idea what you're talking about. :loco: I'd consider Kayo Dot one of the most experimental albums I have ever heard, it's hardly an easy listen.
Black Winter Day said:
every time i see this thread title, i think it is going to be some deep philosophical discussion
Start it up d00d. :cool:

Well that much is obvious.

(I was just tempted to defile an image of Plato for humourus results, but I have too much respect for the man, sorry. :loco: )