Why Charlie?

vomit

Hosebag wannabe
Feb 12, 2002
Somewhere in Time
Visit site
Didn't come across that way to me. I read it and just thought that he was saying that he doesn't want to spin all sorts of boring crap like "this is the heaviest and best record we've ever done" wank. And I don't think he was having a crack at Nelson or any other singer. I just think he hadn't done anything with the Worship Music tracks for probably well over a year, and getting back to working on them with Joey was his relief that "yes - we're a band again moving forwards". I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Didn't come across that way to me. I read it and just thought that he was saying that he doesn't want to spin all sorts of boring crap like "this is the heaviest and best record we've ever done" wank. And I don't think he was having a crack at Nelson or any other singer. I just think he hadn't done anything with the Worship Music tracks for probably well over a year, and getting back to working on them with Joey was his relief that "yes - we're a band again moving forwards". I don't think there's anything more to it than that.

Fair enough. But if this "sounds like ANTHRAX" again, exactly what did they sound like before? Just another way to piss on the singer(s) who are no longer in the lineup. No big woop....and this is why I won't buy the new record...cuz Charle and $cott just are two disingenuous people, who don't have the balls to tell the truth. My opinion, nothing less, nothing more.

Fair enough. But if this "sounds like ANTHRAX" again, exactly what did they sound like before? Just another way to piss on the singer(s) who are no longer in the lineup. No big woop....and this is why I won't buy the new record...cuz Charle and just are two disingenuous people, who don't have the balls to tell the truth. My opinion, nothing less, nothing more.

It means they're going to sound like the real Anthrax again, instead of the nu metal influenced Anthrax they were in the Bush era.

It means they're going to sound like the real Anthrax again, instead of the nu metal influenced Anthrax they were in the Bush era.

He was actually more referring to the difference between the Dan Nelson stuff they were doing and Joey. I talked to him backstage back in November and he said "It sounds like Anthrax again, and not like Pantera," effectively calling Dan Nelson an Anselmo wannabe.

I wouldn't call it nu metal but it definitely was experimental. It's tough for a band to change singers. AC/DC and Van Halen are the only bands that come to mind that did it well but their music/somgrwriting essentially remained the same. I love what they did in the Bush years(except maybe GOTE, the more obscure tracks are great but I cringe when I hear the "hits").

Maybe this is his way of admitting that they should have just made an album with Joey to begin with. What a waste of time and money was hastingly hiring a no name with no track record.

It sounds like another way of saying "We made the right decision" Which is pretty much what they or any band will do ever. They're not going to say "we suck now" or "we sucked then"
I take stuff like this with a grain of salt each time I hear it. Even when they're talking about Bushthrax which is what I prefer.

You and that friend of yours - the maiden69 guy, been spending too much time to go thru the genres. Nu metal here, speed/thrash/ death there... Come on, don't you (you're probably in your fifties as well) know it was record stores' clerks who invented all those definitions?
I think Vomit is spot on - I'm through reading these bullshit interviews. They don't sound credible to me.

Couldn't say it any better myself. See you later NuThrax, BushThrax, GrooveThrax, GrungeThrax.... RIP. Time to bring back one of the best Thrash Metal bands ever. John Bush is a nice guy, Don Nelson cool... whatever. Anthrax is finally back. If only they would get rid of that douche ball R0bb1e Carcinogooeo with the beanie and bring back a true guitar legend in Danny Spitz things would really be magical again. But fuck it I'll take it.

I can't wait for the new album and for this band to return to form.

Charlie said it how it is. Even if he is just saying what he is supposed to, he is right. This finally sounds like Anthrax again. Sorry Scat!

He was actually more referring to the difference between the Dan Nelson stuff they were doing and Joey. I talked to him backstage back in November and he said "It sounds like Anthrax again, and not like Pantera," effectively calling Dan Nelson an Anselmo wannabe.

Not just Don Nelson. Anthrax tried to sound like pantera. Volume 8 and Stomp especially. Even had dimebag play on it. But it sucked compared to Pantera and was completely unoriginal. Thankfully they pulled their heads out of their asses and are going back to an original band

Why does Charlie sound like a douche???

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=157373

Especially:

"I don't want to talk to you and give you all these clichés," Benante said. "I don't want to do that. I want to be as real as possible. Joey sounds awesome and that's the truth. When he sang on the first song, it sounded like ANTHRAX again. I finally knew this is the way it should sound."

GAY!

What exactly is so "GAY" about this? Sounds like he is finally speaking the truth about this band.

Well this is all speculation. How do you know we've got a return to form?

The guys might be doing themsleves proud on stage, but they haven't written a "thrash riff" in 21 years.

How do you know we've not got a Death Magnetic on our hands, or would you class something like that as a return to form for Anthrax?

I'm just curious as to why people think the return of Joey is going to make Anthrax play thrash and regain their 1980s popularity?

(and to clarify, I'm not Joey bashing - far from it. But are Anthrax really that relevant today and are they likely to gain the attention of the younger generation of fans?)

Couldn't say it any better myself. See you later NuThrax, BushThrax, GrooveThrax, GrungeThrax.... RIP. Time to bring back one of the best Thrash Metal bands ever. John Bush is a nice guy, Don Nelson cool... whatever. Anthrax is finally back. If only they would get rid of that douche ball R0bb1e Carcinogooeo with the beanie and bring back a true guitar legend in Danny Spitz things would really be magical again. But fuck it I'll take it.

I can't wait for the new album and for this band to return to form.

Charlie said it how it is. Even if he is just saying what he is supposed to, he is right. This finally sounds like Anthrax again. Sorry Scat!

'four italians and a little jew':lol: i doubt that they will put out a Thrash-record, maybe a thrashy tune here and there but i'm afraid that we get to hear something like 'Inside Out' or 'Superhero' again, beware.

What exactly is so "GAY" about this? Sounds like he is finally speaking the truth about this band.

Well, I think it is obvious. Every time, in the revolving door of singers, ol' Charles or Scatt say this same stuff: "This is how we wanted to sound", "best ever", "The Truuu Anthrax sound", blah, blah, blah. I know you prefer Bella, and you agree with Charlene, but its really no different when they hired Nelson, Bush or Julio for that matter. It is GAY!

"tentatively due in September..."

Being locked-up so long for many reasons unknown, they might release us from this prison of waiting in September this year! Just a Summer and then: :headbang:

(Let's hope the judge does not change his mind).