Why did it take so long to release Come Clarity after recording had finished?

M_and_M

New Metal Member
Nov 17, 2006
I've read from many sources (wikipedia for instance) that Come Clarity was released in February 2006, but the recoding was finished in May of 2005. So why did it take so long between the recording being finished and the album being released?

I'm not sure but I think NB decided it was too soon after the release of their live DVD to release the new album, so they delayed the release of the album to avoid hurting the sale of either product.

As you would do, but you think that the record company would have planned the release of the DVD a bit better, especially knowing that a new album was ready to go.

Because since In Flames played Ozzfest, and half the songs on their setlist came from STYE, NB thought that they can make some more money off of STYE.

^ that's stupid

From the band's standpoint, yes, but not from the record label. See, fans had to purchase STYE again in order to meet the band, which of course I did, since it was the first chance I've ever gotten to meet them, now we can't seem to stay away from each other

wasn't it because they were searching for a u.s. label? once they signed to ferret i thought the album would be good for release. i could be wrong....