why did they change the name?

manuelgv

Back now...hopefully
Mar 19, 2002
Mexico city
I remember asking about them as morgana lefay and someone told me: they broke up. and a few months later I saw somewhere that they changed their name
why did that happen?

which one is your fave song btw?
mine is: red moon

Yes, Robin is here from time to time.

To come back to your first question.
The band "Morgana Lefay" parted company with some of their members a couple of years back.
Charles and Tony, who have been original band members, wanted to go on under that name with new musicians. That's when the trouble began because the label Black Mark wanted the other guys to go on under that name. At least that's what I gathered from all I heard so far. Don't know how much the other former members were "guilty" in that case.
Anyway, in the end Charles and Tony gave up and later started a "new" band now named Lefay, which is - as we all know- the band Morgana Lefay we all love so much :)

The other guys are still working (are they still?) as Morgana Lefay and released one album (?) so far. Haven't heard it, from what I read in various reviews it does not have much to do with the old Morgana Lefay sound. Not surprising though because Charles and Tony have always been the mainman behind Morgana Lefay.

Heh heh.....quite a bit confusing....hope you got it?

Well, as stated before here it's a mess...basically it was a legal matter between Black Mark and the band...when Lefay signed to Noise there was a 9 month legal battle wich ended in the change of the name just to get the fuck out from B.M and get started with Noise...it's a shitty business we're in...ack.../Robin

so can you still play the old classic morgana lefay songs?
I think lefay and morgana lefay are under rated because not many people are into them and they are pretty good

We still try to play something of every M.L/Lefay album live...>>

Robin, you guys RULE for doing that. I am a big fan of both and still think both bands are the same. Although Morgana had a little different edge to it. I'm still looking for the complete discography so I can get all the albums (I think there are two I don't have). I think I have six. I just wish you guys would come here to the US so I could see you live too!!!

NP: Lefay-Seventh Seal (WOOHOO, I'm in Lefay/Angel Dust mode today)

well robin if you ever come to mexico for a gig you better play red moon or else a mexican metalhead will crawl to the stage and kick some butt
lol

it's quite cool that you play all your songs in gigs

Originally posted by Squeak
We still try to play something of every M.L/Lefay album live...>>

Robin, you guys RULE for doing that. I am a big fan of both and still think both bands are the same. Although Morgana had a little different edge to it. I'm still looking for the complete discography so I can get all the albums (I think there are two I don't have). I think I have six. I just wish you guys would come here to the US so I could see you live too!!!

NP: Lefay-Seventh Seal (WOOHOO, I'm in Lefay/Angel Dust mode today)

??? Sqeak go to www.lefay.org and check discography, there you find all they did.

Originally posted by Gaunerin
The other guys are still working (are they still?) as Morgana Lefay and released one album (?) so far. Haven't heard it, from what I read in various reviews it does not have much to do with the old Morgana Lefay sound. Not surprising though because Charles and Tony have always been the mainman behind Morgana Lefay.

I had no idea they continued on under the name MORGANA LEFAY... I am curious to hear that album now.

Originally posted by Korkil
Well, as stated before here it's a mess...basically it was a legal matter between Black Mark and the band...when Lefay signed to Noise there was a 9 month legal battle wich ended in the change of the name just to get the fuck out from B.M and get started with Noise...it's a shitty business we're in...ack.../Robin

Kudos to you for continuing on even though the business side of this stuff does suck.

Originally posted by manuelgv
well robin if you ever come to mexico for a gig you better play red moon or else a mexican metalhead will crawl to the stage and kick some butt
lol

it's quite cool that you play all your songs in gigs

Usually Red Moon is on the setlist :)

Originally posted by West Virginia Mule
I've already covered trying to get them to the States. Robin has assured me that they'll be playing a bunch of shows here just as soon as the lunar shuttle is ready to take people to colonize the moon.

Or something like that.

:bah:

Keep believing they will make it one day, the power of thoughts can do a lot....