Why does the lead singer of in flames have dreadlocks?

i happen to like in flames, and i can thank hardside for that...but i understand wut hes saying. maybe its better that some metal bands finally get some play... hey... i say a video for Iced Earth's "When The Eagle Cries" on Fuze, and soilwork, in flames, as i lay dying, lamb of god, and unearth are on the "MTV Headbangers Ball" cd.... so fucking wut....its all about the music gentleman... Just imagine: Amorphis on trl... lol :p

Because he wanted to, it is simple as that. This thread and the poster is retarded.

happen to like in flames, and i can thank hardside for that...but i understand wut hes saying. maybe its better that some metal bands finally get some play... hey... i say a video for Iced Earth's "When The Eagle Cries" on Fuze, and soilwork, in flames, as i lay dying, lamb of god, and unearth are on the "MTV Headbangers Ball" cd.... so fucking wut....its all about the music gentleman... Just imagine: Amorphis on trl... lol :p

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You repeated the same post twice, but with 5 hours in between them? :err:

And In Flames don't suck because they're getting airplay, they suck because their music has completely fallen from the road called 'quality'. Shite. Their old stuff was never amazing in my opinion, but it was decent enough, and it was godly compared to that lump of shit named Reroute to Remain.

Right during the tour with Soulfly, Anders got them. Does the singer from Soulfly have dreads? Maybe the both of them are buddies and he convinced Anders to get them? Who knows? Or thats not really Anders, its a Fraggle Rock (as I said in another post)! If you ever get a chance to see I.F. live and meet the band, shake Anders hand. You know what they say, if you touch a Fraggle it brings you good luck! :)

Guardian of Darkness said:
And In Flames don't suck because they're getting airplay, they suck because their music has completely fallen from the road called 'quality'. Shite. Their old stuff was never amazing in my opinion, but it was decent enough, and it was godly compared to that lump of shit named Reroute to Remain.
Bump on that. I even thought Clayman was pretty disappointing, whereas I thought Colony was very solid, though by no means a masterpiece. And it's not like In Flames now have a nu metallish sound, it's basically just wimpy pop metal.

I saw R2R coming a mile off. If you listen to the IF albums in order, you can hear them get shittier and shittier. Well, ok, tell a lie, they don't get good till TJR, and Whoracle is the best, but from then on, they just got worse.

The guy from Carcass looked cool with his dreads.
I wonder how me managed to take em off without fucking up his hair.

It's a symbolism thing, when a band changes their image they usually change the music too. And concidering that the whole dreadlocks thing is very common in nu-metal (KoRn, Soulfly, Ill Nino, etc), then it MIGHT be pointing at a more nu-metal direction. Remeber what happened when Metallica cut their hair and started wearing fancy clothes? We got Load.

Tool said:
It's a symbolism thing, when a band changes their image they usually change the music too. And concidering that the whole dreadlocks thing is very common in nu-metal (KoRn, Soulfly, Ill Nino, etc), then it MIGHT be pointing at a more nu-metal direction. Remeber what happened when Metallica cut their hair and started wearing fancy clothes? We got Load.
its kinda like when Trym cut his hair, Emperor went nu-metal

I'm not saying its going to definately happane and in Flames are lost forever in a horrible nu metal spiral, I'm just saying that it just can, possibly, MIGHT, theres a chance, that they want to go for a more mainstream approach, thats all.

No shit, 2 pages on why someone has dreads. The Metal community is mostly a joke besides few.