Why don't I like Opeth selling more albums ?

ether said:
I´m really happy they finally begin to get more and more recognition, they deserve it after so many years...
The only thing I´m not happy about is hat they concerts go sold out so fast...and I´m angry I couldn´t buy on time the ticket for their upcoming concert in Stockholm...which is already sold-out:cry:
It´s so sad you can´t go to a concert because already three weeks before it there are no more tickets left....

That's the ONLY reason I've ever heard why it would be bad for Opeth to become more popular. The rest are just 'OMG I can't like the same band as 14 year old goth kids!'

You don't want opeth to sell more albums because you're afraid it will change their music.
Basically, you don't have much faith in Akerfeldt and don't see that he doesn't aim at charts and doesn't adapt his music to what a record label might expect.

4Li3N said:
You don't want opeth to sell more albums because you're afraid it will change their music.
Basically, you don't have much faith in Akerfeldt and don't see that he doesn't aim at charts and doesn't adapt his music to what a record label might expect.

I don't know if this was directed at me or opethmaniac, but I have full faith in Akerfeldt. I don't think selling more records will change their music. I don't think Opeth's music will adapt to what RRR might expect. I don't know how to explain it really. I guess it's some kind of a selfish "No, they are my band. You can't like them" sort of subconcious thing. I'm sure others feel this way to. But, let me say this again: I am totally happy for them and VERY happy they are becoming more recognized because they deserve it. I DO want them to sell records. It's complicated really... :erk:

Korlich said:
You don´t want your mother to listen to the same bands as you?
My mum loves Opeth, which is great.

Opeth don't make their music to be in the charts, they do it for their fans, but surely they'll be happy if their fan base has grown big enough to get them a recognisable place in the charts.

Blackhorse_Experience said:
I don't know if this was directed at me or opethmaniac, but I have full faith in Akerfeldt. I don't think selling more records will change their music. I don't think Opeth's music will adapt to what RRR might expect. I don't know how to explain it really. I guess it's some kind of a selfish "No, they are my band. You can't like them" sort of subconcious thing. I'm sure others feel this way to. But, let me say this again: I am totally happy for them and VERY happy they are becoming more recognized because they deserve it. I DO want them to sell records. It's complicated really... :erk:

What can i say more ?? The guy completely understood me, here and before !! I could have writen that myself actually...and i'm also gonna add that, yeah, knowing that people of 13 or 14 years old just listen to Opeth because it's "fashionable to listen to Opeth like it is fashionable to listen to Slipknot" annoys me a bit....i guess some of them are really into the band, which is great, but if it's only in order to listen to fashionable music, then it's pointless and the only good point would be Opeth selling more...