Opeth Unplugged

OneFootBlaster

Satanic Hispanic
Jun 4, 2002
SAnTAaNa, CA.
www.winterthrall.com
I'm still waiting for this! Imagine seeing them in a totally acoustic setting. They have enough acoustic material to pull it off and seeing as Mike is pretty much the sole songwriter, I'm sure he could transpose some of the heavier tunes for acoustic play. If MTV had the balls to air something like that Opeth would become HUGE. Then they could tour properly and not have to share the stage with lame drunks like Neverbore... haha. Yup I said it..:lol:
your thoughts?

I would love to see an Opeth unplugged, like with a whole candlelit atmosphere, god that would rule.

Nevermore is OK, nothing great, but they are cool, I laughed my ass off when Billy Milano from S.O.D broke Warrel Dane's jaw, Warrel Dane is such a prick.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow
Nevermore is OK, nothing great, but they are cool, I laughed my ass off when Billy Milano from S.O.D broke Warrel Dane's jaw, Warrel Dane is such a prick.

Broke his jaw? I talked with Warrel not long after that... he did a video a few days after that fest... I think the 'broken jaw' is quite an exaggeration...

Ya it would be awesome. I think they should make a dvd someday of opeth unplugged. Everyone on the board should be invited haha. Then noone would be able to hear the music because of all the cheers. They would prob play harvest,patterns 2, still day beneath the sun, credence, benighted that would be awesome! and face of melinda since that is one of mikael's favorites. And a metal song would be awesome too i think.

Ok, someone has to post for the harder style fans...me being one of them. Don't get me wrong, Opeth's acoustics are great & I love them, but part of Opeth's style is thier hard music too! In fact, It took me a short while to get used to the soft vocals...although I loved thier hard parts and though they were great musicians, so obviously, I very quickly began to love thier music as a whole. In any case, I would like to see unplugged too, my point is that I don't ever want them to change thier style.
:)

Next subject...hehe,
to think that landing a concert or video on MTV is "Stupping low" is a bunch of shit! How many idiots out there would really NOT want to get an oppurtunity to have thier music heard by people who didn't even know they existed before? ...and get a real paycheck for something they LOVE to do?
Yes, MTV has a bunch of terrible shit on, and I don't watch it, but that's because that's all a lot of the fans have been exposed to, so they keep watching, & therefore supporting the same shit over & over. If i had a band, toured and still stuggled for money, you bet my ass I would be on MTV and cash in. I wouldn't change my music though

:) ..................BTW, Nevermore kicks ass!
But I agree that Opeth shouldn't have to open up for ANYBODY

An acoustic thing was teased about...errr.. I mean talked about before. Twice actually (that I know of), but neither time it transpired so don't hold your breath. (Otherwise, I'd be a ghost twiceover!)

Too bad tho......would be damn cool for sure! :) I can imagine how classy Opeth would do a set like this, but ... it seems just another dream ............ BAH! :mad:

never know tho....
:p :eek: :D

all right guys, here's the deal...this has been my dream for the past few years...when opeth comes to turkey -and people are talking about dates later this year- i will take opeth to a bar the night before the concert and they'll do an acoustic live jam there. now the part that concerns you all is that I WILL VIDEOTAPE IT AND UPLOAD IT SOMEWHERE! NOW HOW IS THAT?

well, first off, i've gotta get the duty of taking opeth to a bar somehow!

Originally posted by Don Corleone
all right guys, here's the deal...this has been my dream for the past few years...when opeth comes to turkey -and people are talking about dates later this year- i will take opeth to a bar the night before the concert and they'll do an acoustic live jam there. now the part that concerns you all is that I WILL VIDEOTAPE IT AND UPLOAD IT SOMEWHERE! NOW HOW IS THAT?

well, first off, i've gotta get the duty of taking opeth to a bar somehow!

I beleive this is reffered to as a WIN WIN situation...