Why I have come to hate PT. Advice for new DAW?

I am running a laptop with MUCH less processing power and I don't feel the need to constantly print tracks. How many plugins are you running!?

This admittedly was a major peeve, sorted in PT9 though. If you want that feature then upgrade, if you don't want to then thats your choice.

Pro Tools was never designed to run VST's, so to complain that they don't work well using a 3rd party wrapper is frankly absurd. How well do you think RTAS plugins work in Cubase? It's like complaining that your phillips head screwdriver doesn't work with flat head screws ffs.

??? It's the same as PTLE but uses M Audio interfaces.

I was exaggerating when i said i had to constantly print tracks so thats my fault lol, but not having the option to freeze things freaking blows! Im running quite a bit in this session and my pc is handling it, but it just runs strange. I dont necessarily think its my pc struggling, rather PT just being buggy.

I also didnt mean the wrapped VSTs dont work well, for the most part they do. I meant PT M8 runs like crap in general and crashes way too often for no reason.

I bought M8 as i entered into seriously recording two years ago and was buying based on the name and that was it. I lost my install disc when i got my new computer and had avid send me a download online. Maybe this made for a crappy install?

It seems like ill have to grab the demo for reaper! There was a ridiculous amount of love i wasn't expecting for that DAW. PT10 is tempting but i dont think i should spend 500 bucks just to have a plug in latency fix, i could spend that money on a 421 and some acoustic foam lol.

Also to those wondering im running PTM8 on windows 7 64 bit, my rig is definitely not my problem. Its not like the DAW is broken, its just not worth the headache its giving.

Thanks for all the help guys!