Why is Icarus Witch not in the line up??

IcarusWitchRocks

New Metal Member
Jul 24, 2013
This band is one of the most amazing new metal bands that keep true to the old school metal sound! Their latest album, Rise, got INCREDIBLE reviews! I was looking forward to seeing them on there.

Take a listen to 2 of their best songs in my opinion:

http://youtu.be/DHj69b29aH8
http://youtu.be/-53JgMDg4PU

This is from a previous album with their previous singer. I think their new singer definitely brings the band to the next level. Like the Bruce Dickinson of the band. Not that Paul Di'Anno isn't awesome, but not quite Bruce ;)

http://youtu.be/1iCcZiQ-YYk

Roses on White Lace, Capture the Magic, and Songs For The Lost were great albums. The last two lost my interest.

Songs for the Lost was pretty good. You really didn't like Rise?? That seems to be most people's favorite! Don Jamieson included it in his top 10 best metal cds released in 2012.

HAs Glenn ever contacted the band?? Or the band contacted him to let them know they are interested??

HAs Glenn ever contacted the band?? Or the band contacted him to let them know they are interested??
Yes. They have been trying for a while to get on the bill. Such hard working guys...would love if they could play even a 30 min set! They've opened for Kamelot, Cinderella, Doro, Heaven & Hell, Y&T & played.as Paul D'ianno's band. Surprised they haven't been able to get on the bill here! Any suggestions??

Yes. They have been trying for a while to get on the bill. Such hard working guys...would love if they could play even a 30 min set! They've opened for Kamelot, Cinderella, Doro, Heaven & Hell, Y&T & played.as Paul D'ianno's band. Surprised they haven't been able to get on the bill here! Any suggestions??

In general it all comes down to personal taste of the booking agent. If he is not a fan of the band, they won't get booked. Very simple.

Each year litterarily hundreds of bands approach PPUSA to play - of course all bands are being checked out but like I said, it comes down to the personal taste of the agent and the "selling point" (how many people will they attract) of the band.

Spamming on the forum and through email all in one day is not gonna help your case much though - just saying ...

In general it all comes down to personal taste of the booking agent. If he is not a fan of the band, they won't get booked. Very simple.

Each year litterarily hundreds of bands approach PPUSA to play - of course all bands are being checked out but like I said, it comes down to the personal taste of the agent and the "selling point" (how many people will they attract) of the band.

Spamming on the forum and through email all in one day is not gonna help your case much though - just saying ...

:kickass:

First of all, I'm not spamming (certainly not trying to at least), I just don't normally post on forums so of I accidentally post something twice, I apologize. This was the only place I was told could give me insight. Secondly, I am doing this through my phone, which makes it harder. not near a computer at the moment. I just wanted some information & love metal, so when a newer band's music grabs my attention I like to give as much support as possible. I would do the same for Maiden, but they certainly don't need help, though I will continue to travel to see them!

Despite your accusations, I do appreciate the advice since I am unfamiliar w/how these things work. I'm sure it's a long shot, but no harm in requesting them as an opener since they are power metal. Youtube them. You may agree. Or not. Can't blame me for supporting the music & bands I love. Been all over the country for Doro too. Support the metal \m/

First of all, I'm not spamming (certainly not trying to at least), I just don't normally post on forums so of I accidentally post something twice, I apologize. This was the only place I was told could give me insight. Secondly, I am doing this through my phone, which makes it harder. not near a computer at the moment. I just wanted some information & love metal, so when a newer band's music grabs my attention I like to give as much support as possible. I would do the same for Maiden, but they certainly don't need help, though I will continue to travel to see them!

Despite your accusations, I do appreciate the advice since I am unfamiliar w/how these things work. I'm sure it's a long shot, but no harm in requesting them as an opener since they are power metal. Youtube them. You may agree. Or not. Can't blame me for supporting the music & bands I love. Been all over the country for Doro too. Support the metal m/

I don't need to YouTube them - I know who they are and I think they are fairly okay. In fact, my company booked a us tour for them last year.

That said, you're setting up a new profile to post multiple times in a day about a band, then email us about same band - not once, but twice - and in the second mail even pointing out your own posts as if was a pure coincidence.

It's stuff like that which pushes promoters further away from bands. Just saying ...

I didn't realize I had 2 profiles. Yes, the double email did notice when I checked my sent mail, but that was an accident, I promise you. The first one I was when I saw the email from the site & the second was when a friend who actually told me abt PP, sent me the email & I didn't think to check if it was thee same, bc he said he got it off an old blog or something. I do apologize for that, but it was an accident.

Hey, IcarusWitchRocks!

If you really want to help the band out, not to mention keep the metal scene in this country alive, I would suggest two things:

1) Come to ProgPower this year and see how awesome it is. The fest could really benefit from some more ticket sales this year.
2) Make an offer to sponsor the band for next year. There are plenty of bands who approach the promoter (Harvester on the forum, in case you didn't know) about playing, but as the old saying goes, money talks. If you and possibly and couple of friends make a decent enough offer (and if the promoter likes the band), you'll have a pretty good chance of seeing them at the fest.

If you're willing to travel multiple times to see Maiden and Doro, a trip to Atlanta certainly won't kill your budget. Give it a shot.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Hey, IcarusWitchRocks!

If you really want to help the band out, not to mention keep the metal scene in this country alive, I would suggest two things:

1) Come to ProgPower this year and see how awesome it is. The fest could really benefit from some more ticket sales this year.
2) Make an offer to sponsor the band for next year. There are plenty of bands who approach the promoter (Harvester on the forum, in case you didn't know) about playing, but as the old saying goes, money talks. If you and possibly and couple of friends make a decent enough offer (and if the promoter likes the band), you'll have a pretty good chance of seeing them at the fest.

If you're willing to travel multiple times to see Maiden and Doro, a trip to Atlanta certainly won't kill your budget. Give it a shot.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

great advice..I sponsored Sanctuary and Epica so if you really want to see IW, I suggest coming to the festival yourself along with some of your friends..you won't be disappointed

I'm listening to the latest album now and it is pretty damn good. For some reason I had never gotten around to getting this one.
And this is not right for Progpower?:rolleyes: Would think this would be perfect.

Last edited by a moderator: