Why is Stride so horrible?

dargormudshark said:
Let me rephrase this. THe ideal of progress is one that I believe in, in most cases. Let's look at it this way, take any band that tries to make there music more than a form of entertaniment and take it to the next level. I respect regardless of the genre but yet there are bands like MOtley Crue who just want to have a good time and party, that's cool too whatever. BUT, I look at Motley Crue as inferior to any band that follows the ideal I believe, genres regardless.
and my whole point is that i think it is better to see them as "different" instead of "inferior".

Stride is clearly a running shoe.

I think the Journey factor is more likely than anything else to be seen by narrow-minded metal heads as the primary flaw with the band.

Joe

And so I weeeelcome yooooouuu
With ooooopen aaaaarrrrms...

Why do I like Journey so much?

When the lights... go down... in the cityyyyyy....

If the music is good, you'll like it. If it's bad, you won't. But that's all subjective. Cuz I know JACK SHIT about what is considered good death metal, and bad death metal. I tried that before. Failed miserably. So I ain't gonna go critique death metal. I'll just plead the 5th instead.

Okay now, it's 4am and I'm tired and just got home from work....and I'm skimming quickly through the Forum and I see:

dargormudshark said:
....I can't help but look at Paradise Lost being superior to Dr.Seuss....

...and I'm thinking "Woah. I never realized Dr. Seuss was a band, or into metal that much, to be compared to a band like Paradise Lost...."

(And then I saw "Milton" and it all mentally clicked and I said "Oh! Books!" and all was right in the world. :tickled: )