Why is the new album being touted as thrash metal?

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I love WCFYA, but ask yourself, aside from a couple of songs, is it thrash metal? All I hear is how fucking heavy this album is and how thrashy it is, and personally I think SOWN was thrashier than this. Great songs on the album, don't get me wrong, but everyone is talking like it's the greatest thing since Master of Puppets or State of Euphoria or Rust in Peace. It's just a good metal album.

A killer thrash album is the new one by Hatesphere.

Yeah I know. WCFYA is a fuckin' awesome album, one which I havent stopped listening to since before it came out but it's not thrash metal at all. It's not even that heavy.
The same with people calling Black Daliah black metal. It's like theres loads of buckets with types of metal written on them, and they throw songs or albums into the buckets and which ever bucket they land in, that's what kind of metal it is.
I'm not bothered what category it falls into anyway. I've said it before, there are 2 categories. Good and Shit. Anthrax are in the good category and that's all that matters.

Hey,

This is my first post! Whats going on fellow fans?! :wave:

I dont think WCFYA is a Thrash album. I personally think the last Thrax album that was thrash would be POT.

Ever since SOWN, theve taken a more modern hard rock approach but still keeping elements of metal.

Although when i first heard the first verse to What Doesnt Die, I was like whoa, they went thrash again.But the rest proved me wrong. I hate categories, and music is so mushed together these days, theres so many bands, so many categories, what does it matter.

Anthrax's music has evolved very well over the last ten years, but theyve still kept it Anthrax. :)

Iagree with you guys, ThraX haven´t written any thrash songs for 13 years so I don´t consider their last four albums as thrash but do I give a fuck? No, they write good songs and rip it up live!

they were thrash back in the days, theres no thrash metal om this album , it's just a " hardrockinpieceofpuremetalrock" and I really hate the blastbeats on BlackDahlia, it does nothing to me , pure waiste of Stickmaster's talents!!

thunderhead said:
I think they have been leaning towards what I call "groove metal" ala Pantera type riffs such as "Walk". It's cool, though. As long as it stays metal.

couldnt have said it better myself,that why i like wcfya so much better than volume 8,they have perfected how to right a great metal song while not losing there integrity which metallica lost years ago!!!

Do you think the new album would be a good introduction to the band because I can have a good deal on it thise week and was wondering if it was anything good. I heard good things about it. What about other Antrax album? I used to have a tape with a song talking about a skelleton in the closet. A 80's antrax album. What album is it? I liked this tape a lot... But now it's dead... :(

Yeah. Pantera and Megadeth were definite influencs in Anthrax from SOWN onward. I think I hear lots of Fear Factory on the new one though.

There's still a lot of thrash elements on this album, but it's certainly not thrash in the purer sense. There's lots of elements on industrial and nu metal on here.

It still kicks all kinds of ass. :D

Amusingly enough, Skeletons is the one song on ATL that I consider lackluster. By comparisson, I can find no fault with POT or SOWN.

State of Euphoria, by comparisson, is just barely worth buying. It makes me ask "what the fuck happened?" :Smug:

If I wana hear good thrash metal which is everday I pull out my Cds from the 80-s,weather it be Metallica,Slayer,Anthrax or Megadeth cause thrash metal died with the black album and slayers divine intervention.

These bands all changed there styles to get more fans or change with the times like slayer.

But I still like most of the new stuff accept Iam not really into megadeth after countdown to extinction that much.

ITs funny cause Metallica and Slayer are my favs but ANthrax has put out the best Cds since 91 over all.

DoctorX3 said:
State of Euphoria, by comparisson, is just barely worth buying. It makes me ask "what the fuck happened?" :Smug:

State Of Euphoria may not be a very good Anthrax record,,there are a few good songs on it "Be All,End All","Out Of Sight,Out Of Mind",'Antisocial","Who Cares Wins",and " Finale" are IMO the best songs on this album.

Soul of a new Machine said:
Do you think the new album would be a good introduction to the band because I can have a good deal on it thise week and was wondering if it was anything good. I heard good things about it. What about other Antrax album? I used to have a tape with a song talking about a skelleton in the closet. A 80's antrax album. What album is it? I liked this tape a lot... But now it's dead... :(
Get Madhouse: The Very Best Of Anthrax,this one covers the Joey-era and Return Of The Killer A's covers Joey and John-eras...I would say get Killer A's first though

DoctorX3 said:
Amusingly enough, Skeletons is the one song on ATL that I consider lackluster.

This is the only sentence I could remember from this album, last time I listened to it I was probably 11 years old, but I remember that I liked it a lot. I lost the tape a long time ago. I think I will buy We've come from you all this week o_O