Why metallica is so despised..

If you come from an underground scene that you have helped to create and then later ridicule for the same cliches that you used yourself, then you can't be surprised to get some flak, right? That make-up phase and self discovery documentary thing weren't the best ideas either.
Still, Kill 'em all, Ride the lightning and Master of puppets plus the Diamond Head-cover Am I evil are beyond reproach. The things, er, albums that came after, well, let me be nice about it and just say that life's too short really.:lol:

All depressed fans of the dead and buried Metallica listen to samples of that Tyrant's Reign-album NOW. Thou shalt be cured.
http://cdbaby.com/cd/tyrantsreign

By the majority of UM users?, I worship their first 3 albums :worship:
rest albums are shitty..

You answered yourself.

And btw AJFA still is a good album (take off 'One' and you have a very good album).

And yes these threads are boring (but help a lot to relieve stress bashing Popallica :heh: )

NP: Dream Theater - 'In The Presence Of Enemies pt.1'

They stopped caring about their true fans long ago. Nowadays, the average Metallica fan also lists Fall Out Boy and Avril Lavigne as his/her favorite artists. Strong hint, that.

Tyrant's Reign!!! That's a name from the past. I had the pleasure of seeing them way back when. I'll have to dig that album out now and give it a spin.

Thanks Mxgonzo for your feedback!
Tyrant's Reign re-recorded classic tunes for their CD release, a powerthrash killer if ever there was one. The gig they did at Germany's Headbangers Open Air two years back was great, they're a powerhouse on stage. I do hope they get around to that second album they've been talking about.

Please be aware that of the TR original 80s mini album 'Year of the tyrants' there's at least one CD-bootleg around, paired with Riot's 'Restless breed' and issued in 1993 by Reborn Classics. The official album you'll find at mailorders like CD Baby.

You answered yourself.

And btw AJFA still is a good album (take off 'One' and you have a very good album).

And yes these threads are boring (but help a lot to relieve stress bashing Popallica :heh: )

NP: Dream Theater - 'In The Presence Of Enemies pt.1'

One is prolly the best song ever made by Metallica imo :rolleyes:

I've been a metallica fan for years ..it dont really bother me what they do...if they put out a sucky album i wont buy it...i liked all the albums up to including... black and some of st.anger...

I have no problem with Metallica, at least their old stuff. I do agree that Master Of Puppets is an overrated album, but Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lighting are still two of my favorite thrash albums of all time.