Why metallica is so despised..

I have no problem with Metallica, at least their old stuff. I do agree that Master Of Puppets is an overrated album, but Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lighting are still two of my favorite thrash albums of all time.

MOP overrated? :erk: you do mean AJFA and not MOP right? ... :cry:

I hope your kidding... :rolleyes: anyways the OP answered his own question... and Wyv... AJFA was overrated and nothing compared to the first 3... enough with the Metallica threads till if and when they come out with a new album!!! :cry:

it's announced that they are working on a new one right now, they're supposed to go back to their roots

it's announced that they are working on a new one right now, they're supposed to go back to their roots

Root beer maybe, or raggae roots, or root canal :heh:

@ Larry: ah put a sock on it, AJFA is not overrated it should had been a great swan song...but the swan turned into the ugly duckling and the fat lady never sang :p

Hah, I being quoted in someone's sig. I'm becoming infamous :lol:

NP: Allen/Lande - 'Master Of Sorrow'

MOP overrated? :erk: you do mean AJFA and not MOP right? ... :cry:

Both are pretty overrated. MOP is overrated, because most people think that it's their best album when it's certainly not. Sure, it's a good album, but it just doesn't compare to Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning, in my opinion.

Both are pretty overrated. MOP is overrated, because most people think that it's their best album when it's certainly not. Sure, it's a good album, but it just doesn't compare to Kill 'Em All and Ride The Lightning, in my opinion.

Though I don't think it's the greatest out of the three it certainly deserves to be called one of the top 3 classics therefore not overrated... the album is flawless imo... it's the last with the classic lineup before Cliff died... The greatest to me is RTL but MOP is by no means overrated... like i stated before AJFA is way overrated and the beginning of their downfall... at the time back in 1987 or 88 when it came out i predicted to my friends they were going towards a more commercial direction and they ridiculed me for it but i was right...

Wyv.. i like my socks on my feet though .. :cry:

I must agree with this entirely. From the day I first heard MOP when it came out, there was something missing for me - and I was(am)an enormous fan of the first two albums. But again...it's all just an opinion...

The reason why they're overrated is because they have a commercial approach and because their popularity is apalling. Their albums are very overrated yet still good, just not as good as people say they are. I like Metallica and I even like a few of New Metallica's songs, ONLY a few.